Sign in to follow this  
Otis the Pug

Swimming after ET, is it allowed

Otis the Pug

Hello,

I'm off on holiday in a few days, so I really should of asked this question earlier. I've e-mailed my FS, but I haven't got a reply yet.

My DS (7 months) has swimming lessons every thursday. My DH and I are going back to IVF to try for no.2. I've just recieved an invoice for next terms lessons. (Even though this term ends on the 24th of March, they want the payments by the 3rd.)

Lessons are $18 each time, so I'd rather not miss too many. Is swimming allowed after ET? For how long do you have to stay out of the pool? What would others do?

Otis the Pug

My FS replyed. She advised me not to enter the pool after ET untill the 7 week scan. Sound a bit over the top fussy. But she's a professional.

I feel sad that IVF is depicting my life. But you have to so what you have to do. With all IVF is, it's worth being on the safe side.

Nerdette

Hi Otis,

I am glad your fs replied. I am due for FET next week, mine said I can do anything as long as there is no impact and it doesn't raise my core temp too much.so very relaxed on the subject.

I would go with what your fs says though.

Good luck for number 2!

Froyo

I wouldn't swim in a pool. Yep IVF really can rule your life. It's damned tedious.

Otis the Pug

Thanks for your replies, good luck for your journeys.