Sign in to follow this  
Trina1234

Dating Ultrasound

Trina1234

Hello Ladies,

We are expecting our first, and today we had a dating scan.

It was amazing to see, and the technician explained all the 'bits'. We could see the heart 'flickering' and got to hear it at 134 beats per minute.

I was right on timeline from last period, so that was good to know too.

TMI section - they asked me to empty my bladder 1 1/2 hours before the scan, and then drink at least 1 liter in the following hour, and then turn up busting!! It was too much, so she asked me to "empty half" ..... That's hard btw !!! Still no good, so had to come up from below, but that got a great image.

Anyone else getting dating scans?

• Like 2

Brooke12

I'm holding out til 8 weeks for my dating scan, just to be sure to see a heartbeat. Not sure on my dates yet due to irregular cycles.

In a previous pregnancy I had to do the half wee, I think that's worse than labour lol!

• Like 1

Gigi&peanut

Yes I am also going to get a dating scan at 7 weeks, very excited about it so it all sinks in and seems real! My Dr said best not to go too early before a heart beat starts because it can be a bit frightening :/ so I am holding off a few weeks

• Like 1

Morton-89

How bad is the half pee?! Kills me every time haha. To be honest though every scan I've ever had was an internal so I'm assuming I'll be having that again haha. I'm having a dating scan at 7+2, but that won't be till Feb 29. Although is it still called a dating scan when i know my dates? It's more of a 'to ease my worrying' scan haha.

• Like 2

maybeonemore

Yep went to the dr last night and got a referral. Will probably book in for 27th Feb that will make me 7 weeks 1 day I think. Again just to ease my mind and to make sure there is only 1!

MrsP2014

were not having a dating scan as our baby is from IVF so we know our dates exactly. we are having a scan next week at the IVF clinic which will be on 6w4days. so excited

Lily-bee

Booked mine in for 23/02 I will be 7weeks1day.

Time will move so slowly till then I guess know it.

bec2585

Mine is booked for 24th Feb hopefully when I'm 7w6days fingers crossed everything looks good. my OB i booked with has told me not to go with a full bladder so guess its a vaginal scan for me :omg:.....

Morton-89

Have you had a vaginal scan before bec2585? I nearly prefer them because it's all done very discreetly, I don't even remember the u/s tech even looking remotely in that direction and she doesn't push on a full bladder hahaha

bec2585

Morton-89 I'm a first timer, the only things that have been in that area is how I got in this position lol and having a pap smear which isn't very comfortable.

• Like 1

FeralRebelWClaws

I prefer the transvaginal too lol Though I each time I've had to go through the praying I won't wet myself in the waiting room before I go in for scan, from drinking all the water lol

The sonographer did say that I should drink less water next time (I drank 500mL) because between me peeing and her actually doing the transvag scan my bladder was full again LOL But I have a bladder the size of a walnut lol

When I had mine on Monday, she didn't even LOOK.

• Like 1

bec2585

thanks Morton-89 i really appreciate it

honeybarbara

When I had an ultrasound (unrelated to pregnancy) last year my bladder wasn't full enough so it was an internal one. Surprisingly found it much better than a Pap smear in terms of comfort level.

I have my first scan next week (at 7 weeks and 5 days) to make sure everything looks ok. I am excited!

MrsP2014

bec- pap smears are uncomfortable as they have to forcible dilate your vagina to see, this is just a slim probe with lube that they slide in. IVF means multiple vaginal scans so much so i don't even blink anymore.

afm- scan tomorrow, which im assuming is vaginal as i wasn't given any instructions. hopefully all is well in there.

Yeahidunno2or3

I had a scan at the hospital last night for some spotting. She did a transvaginal, and checked my cervix with a speculum, so no pap-smear swab, but everything but. The TV scan was very similar. They put an actual condom on the thing, and it looks like more fun than it is hahaha, and I have a gutter brain, and had to giggle. But the doctor made me do the same thing as when she did the speculum, as in legs up and let your knees fall, so yours may or may not let you guide it in yourself. I've never had a scan where they have let me do that.

They're nothing to worry about, and you're going to have to get used to lots of people wanting to check you out down there very soon anyways :)

Damascus

I'm going to wait until 8 weeks. Already had a scan at 5 weeks+1 and all they could see was a gestational sac.

MrsP2014

had my scan today, measuring 6w5d heart beat flickering away but we didn't measure it. the said they don't like to give measurements early as it makes someone women stress who go to google the number and freak out. will go back for another scan at 9 weeks just because its been a rough road to get here. also booked in for 12 week scan.

• Like 2

Esseffaz

I'm waiting until 8wk2days. I have to be in Melbourne until then and want to wait until DH can come with me.

Mine is an IVF baby, so I've already been dated. I just want to see the heartbeat of my little belly tenant.

• Like 2

honeybarbara

Our baby has a heartbeat! Now due 10 October. So excited.

• Like 3

LifeWithMyBoys

How exciting to hear your baby's heartbeat ❤️

I have my date scan Monday at 4pm, yay!

Did the date scan push your dates forward or move them back?

Edited by LillyLoves14

ChilliDog

We had our scan today as well and Bub was measuring 7 weeks exactly which is spot on to what I estimated it to be. Lovely HB at 135bpm, so happy and feel like I can relax a little bit now.

We booked for the Harmony test so will get to see Bub again in 3 weeks as they do another scan before doing the test to ensure everything is still ok.

• Like 1

honeybarbara

My due date changed by two days but I'm betting s/he will come early on the 8th anyway

Sign in to follow this