Sign in to follow this  
Crazycat5

ttc Baby no.5

Ukmumma

Currently baking number 6 I'm 20 weeks pregnant I haven't posted for a while as I wasn't sure I bubs would stick had a few scares but all is good, nt risk was low and can't wait to meet him or her Love telling people it's number 6 to watch their faces as they think it's number 2 or 3 as my older boys very rarely go shopping etc with us. My beautiful girl who's number 5 and is an absolute joy now she sleeps better has just turned 15 months, so happy we decided to extend our family as hard as it is sometimes, best of luck for those trying and go for it canadianmum

• Like 4

Rachael2

That's good Canadianmum original.gif Fingers crossed for you.

Rachael2 we are starting this month original.gif i really feel for you. I don't do pregnancy well either which surprises people because I have a bunch of kids laughing2.gif I just like the result not the process wink.png Can't wait for your baby news original.gif

Thanks Xena. My number 5 was born in July. By emergency c/s which was pretty s%*$y after having 4 vaginal births. I had an attempted ECV as he was breech but he went into distress during the procedure so he was delivered within 15mins. It turns out his cord was extremely short so the attempt to turn him was putting stress on that. Its been extremely difficult with the 5. We have no family support so its just DH and I. My eldest child is 16 and she is giving us a lot of grief. People assume she can help but she is anything but helpful. I'm also still BF our 20month old and expressing for the youngest as despite all the help from lactation consultants etc he can not breastfeed. I'm lucky I have a massive supply so can keep up the milk for him although its very time consuming.

**Xena**

Congratulations on the birth of your son :wub: I'm sorry things have been tough though. I think you're a champion expressing and breastfeeding! I've never been able to express much despite having a (usually) good supply.

We have a bub on board now. 10 weeks and 2 days today. Have yet to tell people because I just don't want to deal with the comments that I know will come!

• Like 7

librablonde

Wow! Congratulations Xena <3

Edited by librablonde

Jenflea

Wow, congrats Xena!

**Xena**

Thanks librablonde and Jenflea :wub:

• Like 1

TheFirstNoel

Awww congratulations xena!

**Xena**

Thanks leisamd :)

• Like 1

Eleventy23

Congrats Xena ☺

**Xena**

Thank you Janse :D

happydays11

Hi all, is anyone here concerned about family reactions to a fifth?

My oldest three are (11 (turning 12 in Dec), 10.5, and 8.5) are all from a previous relationship. My youngest who is 3 in march is mine and my husbands.

We are a 'blended family' and my huband has two kids who stay with us every second weekend, so you can probably understand why I worry what people would think!

I'd love to have another one with him, especially so our youngest has a playmate as the older kids will all soon be off doing their own thing with friends etc, My almost 12 year old is in high school next year and then followed by her brother the year after.

Edited by Lilypop14
  • Like 1

luckyducky

Hi Lilypop14,

I have just found out that I am Pregnant with my 6th baby and am petrified of all the crappy comments. People can be really rude. I am more nervous about telling my parents s they often joke that I need to stop producing.

So I was about to see my Ob, this week actually, to discuss having my tubes tied, and calling it quits. I was even going to look at studying to become a midwife. I had loads of questions for him.

So at 43 I find myself very happy with a positive (6 actually - I am an addict)m but petrified at the prospect of baby sticking, and also what people will say to me when they find out. God only knows how I can hide this over the next few weeks, as I always look pregnant very early on.....

Good luck with the decision you will make, I know its hard, just go with your heart :)

**Xena**

Lilypop I really didn't want to tell people we were having number 5. I knew people would make comments, especially because our house is also quite small. My kids are similar ages to yours 12, 10, 8 and 16 months :) Though we aren't blended, just had a big break because we were going to stop at 3 but then recently decided we wanted more :lol:

Anyway it actually went better than I thought. Not fantastic but not awful. Most people were actually lovely and my parents could have been worse. Mostly I just don't talk about it though except with people I know will be supportive. Heaven knows why some people cant just say congratulations and be happy!

Good luck :)

• Like 2

luckyducky

Feeling relieved. Just spoke to my Ob, had a blood test done yesterday and HCG is 350. Stick little one, Stick :) I am apparently 4 weeks 4 days pre. LMP 14th October

Baby dust to you all.

Edited by mumoffivepoppets
  • Like 2

Guest canadianmum

Congratulations, I find it all a bit sad that there will be no more babies here. It feels odd to give the baby stuff away rather then pack it in its sized tub. :(

• Like 1

happydays11

Congratulations mumoffivepoppets, that is great news! And wow, at 43. I think that is such a blessing! :)I am studying nursing and have my first clinical placement in September next year so am hoping to time TTC to start then.

I kind of wish I had told people we were considering another one one day, as we have been asked before if we'd be having two together. But silly me told everyone flat out NO because at the time when DD was newborn, I honestly thought I wouldn't want another one.

But I have been extremely clucky for 12-18 months now and it's been very hard to not just go for it.

Xena, I think our families would be happy but possibly scratching their heads also..lol. But at the end of the day it's our choice. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope all goes well :)

Canadianmum, hugs to you, packing away the baby things is always hard, but giving away even harder. :(

Edited by Lilypop14

**Xena**

Congratulations mumoffivepoppets. So exciting :) I hope you have a great and uneventful pregnancy x

Canadianmum I know what that's like. After our third we were done and I gave everything away. It was harder than I thought it would be. I'm so glad we decided later on to have more but I know I will feel sad after this one. Even if we had the space for another child this will be my 5th c-section and I'd rather not risk any more after this. Big hugs to you and I hope you're okay x

Thanks Lilypop :) I told people that Willow was my last too. When you announce another pregnancy they will soon realise it wasn't :lol:

luckyducky

Thanks Xena, I am feeling really blessed right now.

I am so petrified about people finding out. I seem to always show very quickly. My belly pops out straight away every time I m pregnant which is strange.. seems to get earlier with each one.

Any others experience this? Or am I just weird. Not sure how on earth I am going to hide it, and ward away the crappy comments when people do eventually figure it out. Arghhh If only I had the guts to say something back. I can't believe he comments I get :(

montycarlo

congrats mumoffivepoppets! Some people just should keep their mouths closed. My husbands brother got married in June and they are pregnant with number 1.

If i fell pregnant this cycle i'd be due 4 months after them.

I already know they will think i am only having another because of them. Well, maybe not, i am just worried they will think that. lol.

But i've been clucky for over 12 months now.. but no one knows!

**Xena**

Found out Monday that baby number 5 is a boy :D Starting to feel more real now!

• Like 1

montycarlo

ooh how exciting!! A little boy <3 Congratulations :D

• Like 1

**Xena**

Thanks beenherebefore :)

twilightangel

Congrats Xena on your baby boy. What wonderful news.

I went to the GP today for my blood test results. Confirmed that I am pregnant with number 7.

Bit of a surprise but a happy one. According to LMP I was 6 weeks 1 day when I had the bloods, HCG levels came back as 4330.

• Like 1

Guest canadianmum

So happy for you Ladies :)

luckyducky

Bad news for me,

Unfortunately baby #6 wasn't meant to be and we had a MC ending in a D&C last week :(

DH is gutted and wants to start trying again but I have to wait for AF now and figure out what my cycle is doing.

Feeling crap and annoyed. :(