~A2~

TTC 1 Thread #249. For those trying to conceive their first child

~A2~

Hi all

New thread time

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and New Year and I wish you lots of happiness and baby dust for 2016.

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

• Like 2

MM03

Happy New Year everyone!

I've been absent, things just get a bit overwhelming.

I hope everyone is doing as well as you can and that the holidays haven't been too hard for everyone.

I have decided not to use clomid this cycle, i am doing acupuncture now. I've been 3 times... I was about 50 days into a cycle ( irregular cycles.... VERY irregular) and after my 2nd acupuncture appt i got my AF. Which is fantastic!

She says its highly unlikely ill get pregnant soon (kick in the gut)

Will see how it goes...

All the best to you all!!!

Galanthus

Meh, I think AF will arrive early this cycle. I'm 9dpo and had massive temp drop this morning.

I would have liked for it to stay away til just after my ultra sound at the fertility clinic, so I could have seen what thickness my lining ended up being with all of my raspberry leaf tea drinking during the first half of my cycle.

Hope everyone's gotten into 2016 safely. Wishing this will be the year for all of us.

MM03

Sorry about the temp dip. It would be interesting to see how the raspberry leaf tea worked.

Here's hoping AF stays away until then

Galanthus

Sorry about the temp dip. It would be interesting to see how the raspberry leaf tea worked.

Here's hoping AF stays away until then

Yeah indeed. On CD9 it was 4.2mm which was 0.2mm thicker than it had been the previous cycle two days after O, so I was so so curious what it would have been like a day before af which coincidentally is the day of the appointment. Hope the low temp is a fluke and af will hold off!

Btw, why did your acupuncturist say it's unlikely you'll get pregnant soon? You can get pregnant just fine with long and irregular cycles as far as I know, it's just harder to plan and time everything. But that's what OPKs are for, right? ;)

MM03

Hope AF has continued to hold off! Low temp hopefully a fluke too! Maybe the thermometer is malfunctioning ;) Great that it was 0.2mm thicker! The whole process is just fascinating really.. I wish it was easier though.

Spent my whole teenage years taking the morning after pill (even though my BF (now my DH) used protection) because i was so paranoid we would get pregnant... If only 18 year old me could have told 30 year old me...

She said my energy is low which isn't the right environment to keep a pregnancy going.. OPKS for sure :)

• Like 1

Galanthus

UGH! Driving myself mad... Took a test this morning since my temp was back up somewhat and I'm certain I see SOMETHING. Like the most teeny tiniest shadow there ever was. It's an absolute super squinter that requires me to angle the test just right. But I'm sure I see something... Probably an evap.

• Like 2

MM03

i hate the evil evap.. i have everything crossed for you that it is a squinter and not an evap!

does it show in photos?

Galanthus

i hate the evil evap.. i have everything crossed for you that it is a squinter and not an evap!

does it show in photos?

I did take a photo, but I can't see anything in the pic. Maybe a little bit when I invert it, but otherwise not.

23h6gr9.jpg

Now that it's been an hour and the test has dried, the shadow is a bit darker, but they say not to count tests after so long has passed so... Going cray cray over here

Mrs Pemberley

To be honest, I can't see the line Galanthus, (probably my stupid phone) but I'm keeping everything crossed for you that it is a squinter! It would be awesome if you got our first 2016 BFP! Lots of updates please xx

Good to hear from you again MM03! Hope the acupuncture goes well and helps get your energy levels up soon.

Nothing to report here. CD30, and everything basically as it was on CD18. No idea if I O'd this month. Oh well, I've got mocktails by the pool in beautiful Bali to keep me happy! lol

• Like 2

Galanthus

Still not showing up in pictures today. But I see a shadow in real life. Will test again in the evening I guess.

Mmmh Bali sounds so nice Mrs Pemberly!

Galanthus

Can ANYONE else see this shadow?

mcsv2g.jpg

MrsG2

I can see it galanthus! Congratulations!!!! I hope it continues to darken and result in a happy and healthy pregnancy xoxox

Mrs Pemberley

I can see that shadow Galanthus!!! Keeping everything crossed for you! How many dpo are you now? Would it be worth doing a FRER to see if it's any clearer?

Loads and loads of baby dust xxx

MM03

I can absolutely see it!!!!

I thought I could see something in the first pic too, but no thinking required for this last one!!

Truckloads of baby dust!

Mrs Pemberley, Bali sounds lovely!!

Sweet_Cassiopeia

Wow Galanthus!!! Congrats!!!! I can see the line!!!

Yay for a New Year BFP...

----

AF done!!! Yay!!! So I'm planning to start my fertility massage and castor oil pack tom! Hoping natura conception will occur this time.

Galanthus

So surreal that I see my name and congratulations in the same sentence. I can't believe it. This bean better stick!!!

I called the fertility clinic to tell them we weren't coming after all today. They said that should the bean not stick, my referral is open for a year so I can just call.

Line hasn't gotten stronger ( I think FMU works poorly for me..) and considering getting wondfo or clearblue test (Frer is not available here). But I wonder if clearblue is worth the extra cost, since wondfo is dirt cheap?

• Like 1

Mini Monkey

Happy New Year everyone!

Congratulations Galanthus!Hope that line is getting darker for you.

So I have been following along but staying quiet for the past couple of months- last month was a write off for us as I was quite unwell during my fertile period- hard to feel like BD'ing when you are unwell!

Back into it this month and managed a BD during the right time this month and now 5dpo so waiting. Unfortunately I have injured my leg but not keen to take ibuprofen as have heard it can stop implantation but also concerned about the effect of being in constant pain. Sometimes I think if we could just get one month when everything falls into place then we would have success- maybe that is wishful thinking.

Anyway, I reckon you can all guess what I am hoping to achieve this year!! Hoping it is third time lucky as this is the third year in a row I have wished that this year I would become a mum! Here's hoping this is our year.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the year.

MrsP2014

galanthus!!! i hope to see an updated photo with a darkened line!!! how awesome

sweets- what does the castor oil do and do you eat it or do something with it?

mini monkey- hopefully extra rest from a sore leg will help, you never know! may this month be yours.

afm- started our 2nd IVF cycle over the weekend so will hopefully get some good egg's and embryos made, aiming for a fresh transfer this time so hopefully everything goes our way this month!

Galanthus

galanthus!!! i hope to see an updated photo with a darkened line!!! how awesome

1h2x46.jpg

From yesterday afternoon danish time :)

My body has figured out it's pregnant too. Temps were nice and high this morning and af was due today. Temps would have dropped if af was coming today.

Still in disbelief.

I'll hang around for a bit, but I'll spare you my details (I know how rough it is to hear about when you just want it yourself <3) So I may respond if there's something I have input about, but otherwise I'll keep quiet :)

Edited by Galanthus
  • Like 1

MrsP2014

oooohhhhh aren't those lines pretty!

congrats again!

• Like 1

Mrs Pemberley

Congratulations Galanthus!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!

We'll miss having you on the board too xx

• Like 1

mcbaby15

Congratulations Galanthus. I just jumped into this group to introduce myself, and its so encouraging to see someone with a beautiful BFP. Wishing you all the happiness in the world.

AFM, (I have the acronyms page open in another tab if you can't tell ;) ) my DP and I started TTC in December 2015. We have only ever used condoms for protection, so no need to come off the pill or anything which is great. I had already been tracking my cycles in the M Cycles App for several months, my last period was on Dec 13th and my cycles are quite long at 45days. Feeling pretty confused about when ovulation will occur, the app says it occurred on 27th of Dec, but my research suggests that isn't right for a 45 day cycle. Some calculators have said my fertile window starts Friday, others say Sunday. :huh:

This morning I bought a BBT thermometer, and I guess I should buy some ovulation strips too. They are very expensive though!

Regardless, DP and I are BDing every second day, sometimes every day.

I have always had this fear that I will struggle to fall pregnant, I can't explain the fear (no known medical issues, and DP and I are in our 20's) but it is a very real fear. Part of me wants to be so excited that DP has said Yes! Lets have a baby together, but part of me is so scared that now that we are actually trying it might not happen.

How long do I need to be using the BBT for before I will be able to identify ovulation?

Wishing everyone lots of baby dust.

GingerCats

Congratulations Galanthus! Great to see!

AFM will be two years of trying in Feb, will go to FS if nothing by then.

MM03

Galanthus!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Absolutely wonderful :)