Sign in to follow this  
Box of Frogs

DH had a weird experience

Box of Frogs

We're renting an old place in country NSW - DH is currently living there and I'll be moving with the kids in the new year.

I think the house is about 100 years old. The previous tenants were in there for 15+ years and only moved as they had bought a house.

Apparently, he was dozing the other night and saw a blue light out of the corner of his eye. After he saw the light, he felt a heavy weight on his chest and was unable to move his limbs. He said he didn't feel frightened at all (more annoyed as he was trying to sleep).

He recited the Lords Prayer (or something similar - odd as he claims to be an atheist) and the pressure vanished.

What should we do? I like the house as it's cheap and close to everything but I'm not too fussed on sharing with something.

Kalanchoe

Sounds like Sleep Paralysis.

• Like 5

OneDayDreamer

I was going to say sleep paralysis too

• Like 1

Teds

Def sleep paralysis.

• Like 1

Abcde-La-A

Personally I would do nothing and not worry about it. I don't believe in the supernatural so would assume it was sleep paralysis or a vivid dream.

nasty snaugh

sleep paralysis was my first thought too.

not fun (ask me how I know ;) ) but not spooky, and unlikely to effect anyone else in the house.

• Like 1

MiSS_E

He should mention to the doctor next visit at the least. Pressure in the chest, limb problems and seeing lights could all be symptoms of a heart problem.

• Like 1

Loore

I was also going to say sleep paralysis. Sounds pretty much similar to what I go through on a semi-regular basis.

lucky 2

Probably nothing or he can do what he did, whatever was happening it seems that his response was perfect.

I don't think it matters what the origin of an experience like that is so long as it resolves.

I have an open mind regarding the possibility of non physical entities and if I've ever felt bothered in a situation like that I say p... off (or something along that vein).

Eta, or do what a pp said, get a medical check :)

Mistaken identity

I've had that before - it was freaky! But I also put it down to sleep paralysis.

~*bella*~

I have had similar and oddly enough I wasn't freaked either, just burn some sage and say "follow the light"

Hopefully you feel a sense of calm in that place again