Sign in to follow this  
happydays11

One more...? Yes please

happydays11

Hi all I have been around these boards since 2004 but recently started a new user name after some time away. I have 3 kids to my first partner 11 9 and 7, plus a 20 month old to my husband that I am now very happily married to. And just to add to that, he also has two children 9 and 6 who stay every fortnight for the weekend. It can be hectic during those weekends but we are lucky our kids love each other.

I'm not sure why I'm posting, but I just know that having our daughter together was amazing and we all just adore her so much. I honestly thought that was it. But lately I feel like I'd love to experience it one last time with my husband

. I just finished a bit of study and am now working in an area I love. I'm starting a uni prep course very soon to hopefully apply for uni second semester next year. Working at the moment is very important and if we were to have another one I'd want a bigger gap, so aiming for 2017/2018. I'm 32 soon so have little time on my hands but don't want to be more than 34/35.

I am looking far ahead I know, but I've hinted to my husband and was surprised that he's not as sure himself. He laughs and says lets talk in two years... He was keen to try for our daughter and loved every single bit of it, so I was a little surprised as he is quite a softy.

Anyway I love reading the large family posts here and hope I may get the chance to add one more to ours :)

Lisachaps

How did you go? Have you decided to have another little one?

I currently have 5, my youngest being 17mths & i cant stop thinking about trying again

happydays11

Hi Lisachaps :) well he is on board for one more together! I barely had to convince him, he's even pointed out a pram he like 'for the next one' lol.

We've decided to start trying in July. I thought we'd wait until next year but we've thought everything through and decided July is a good time to start trying at least.

It's a tad scary but my eldest will be Starting high school and our little girl will be around 3 - 3.5 which I feel is a good age gap. I actually started taking folate and iron sups today as I have very low iron. So 6 months should boost it up for pregnancy.

Do you think you'll have one more?? I worry about what people will say but I also know two ladies at work with 5 kids and they said they love their big families :)

• Like 2

The Awesome One

what people say doesn't matter, you and your husband want this, go for it :D

• Like 2

Maeli

Goodluck for July! :)

We have 7 children, but 8 that live with us. Pretty sure that we are done, but I do get the occasional 'twinge.' ;)

happydays11
  • Like 10

Hey what.@

How wonderful! Great to read your update.