~A2~

TTC #1 Thread #248. For those trying to conceive their first child

GingerCats

Gold!

Mini Monkey

Silver

maybebaby17

Bronze!

Congrats Shan92. What great news. All the best :)

Afm, AF arrived on Wednesday (CD26). 13 months TTC, 4 months of clomid. Looking at next steps. I am having a laparoscopy done this Friday to check for endo before moving on to IUI, probably October. I don't think I have endo, as I had a lap done 5 years ago due to very painful and heavy periods and there was no sign but my FS said there's always a chance that it has developed. Since I have top hospital cover it won't cost much out of pocket so thought I might as well do it before throwing a couple of grand at IUI. At this stage we won't be doing IVF, due to emotional and financial reasons so I guess the IUI will be the last shot for a while. If I don't have endo, with DH's swimmers being fine - looks like I'm one of those lucky ones with 'unexplained infertility'.

ItIsComplicated

What's iui mabeybaby? Sorry I'm not up with it all

maybebaby17

it's Interuterine Insemination. Basically, I take clomid but instead of timed intercourse, DH's deposit is cleaned and then inserted up into me using a catheter. Most people seem to jump straight to IVF, but we aren't ready for that and given that I seem to O on clomid, an IUI will hopefully just increse the chance of the sperm meeting the egg. It is about $800 out of pocket, so we will probably only do it twice for now.

Sary-lou

So much going on for you these next few months, Maybebaby. I really hope that everything works out for you!

How is everyone going??

AFM - CD8

Nothing really to report for me! I'm finally starting to feel like a human again after being sick for the past week. Perfect timing as I have devised a plan of getting as much BD in for this month! Hopefully being sick doesn't scare my egg away!

Baby dust, ladies!!!

S.

Galanthus

mrsprawn

FF didn't like that I didn't care about it anymore cause I was looking to me printed out chart instead. So it decided to give my crosshairs like a jealous little git :lol:

Is AF overdue for you?

Maybebaby

Sorry to hear the witch got you and about the unexplained infertility. That must be the most frustrating kinds there is. I hope iui is your golden ticket!!

Sary-lou

Hehehe, almost sounds like an evil wicked plan when you put it like that :D Good luck catching the egg! :D

AFM

6dpo got my crosshairs on FF. Temp on the rise - now I just wanna see that one day dip waaay down and back up again quickly the next! :D

Happy camper over here, not impatient with the TWW yet at all because I'm still feeling so happy and relieved I O'ed and my temps are there to prove it, even if this cycle was longer than the previous.

Mini Monkey

Congrats Shan92

good to hear you are feeling better sary-lou

Maybebaby goodluck! It is tough when things don't happennas you want.

Galanthus- happy to hear you have your crosshairs- hope you catch the egg.

AFM, well I managed to escape from the house I was staying in undetected early Thursday morning (pathology opened at 6am!). But when i rang up to say where I had been for my tests the FS was on leave and reception closed. One of the nurses rang me Friday to see if I had had my tests done and I explained. They said they would call back with the results. So I am a little frustrated. That also means I don't know when I am meant to have my next tests but usually it would be Monday so think I might just go and have them done and try and call the office on Monday and see what is happening.

I have backed it up with a digital OPK but just the blank circle so far- last month I went from blank to solid smiley without the flashing smiley so that could happen tomorrow (thought it would be today but sometimes things are a day out- I am pretty predictable though).

On the good news front we managed a BD last night and I have pre-warned DP we need to go again today so fingers crossed that happens- those who know my story know DP is not an overly eager BD'er.

Still trying to get DP to have his sperm test done so we can move to IVF sooner rather than later given my age.

So, hoping for a BD tonight and indications on blood tests and OPK that tomorrow is O!

MrsP2014

galanthus- FF such a petty thing,

mini monkey- good luck with the BD attempts.

afm- finished progesterone friday and af due by my calculations for tuesday. AF arrived today, which i great as it means we can start our cycle!! never been so excited to see AF in my life, weird how things change!

Sweet_Cassiopeia

Mrsprawn14 - glad your AF arrived sooner than expected.

Mini monkey - good luck today.

Now on my 3rd day of metformin, hoping AF will arrived naturally on the 28th and won't need provera to induce bleeding, so I can start my 2nd cycle of Clomid.

FS said last week during my scan that I'm unlikely to release eggs due to its size and uterine lining is not thick enough. But I'm still experiencing O symptoms, told my husband last night that I might O late as it is not rare for women taking Clomid. We're hoping that it might be our case.

Good luck to everyone :)

VCH

Congrats Shan92! That's awesome!!!!

I've been keeping busy with helping my SIL prepare for my nieces birthday this morning. Ive been backing all weekend and making My little Pony favours!

Im due for AF late this week. I've given myself a ban on my tracking app so I don't exactly know what DPO I am or what day AF is due. I'm hoping that will help me not obsess.

Last month I was checking what symptoms I "might experience" for the DPO I was.... but I was checking EVERY day!!!! I was nuts! So hopefully this new approach will work!

Good Luck ladies!

MrsG2

Hi all, how was everyone's weekends?

Mrs Prawn, I thought I had PCOS because I get some facial hair. Been told it's genetic. But it's a huge factor in PCOS so I Thot it was a possibility. Perhaps not if I don't have multiple follicles. With endo, I get pelvic pain and times and clots on the first two days of AF.. Who knows

Galanthus - so glad u got the crosshairs!! Yay! Fingers crossed u got the egg too

Mini monkey - hope ur DP gets his SA done soon. I want mine to do his too. Hope This is ur month

Maybebaby - I'm so sorry for ur troubles, I hope u don't need iUI

Sary Lou - glad ur feeling better

AFM. Not much. O weekend. Lots of ewcm. dH was only able to dtd Thursday and Saturday. Meh. Pretty sad but could be ok. Who knows..

Have a great week all

red femme

hi all, hope everyone had a great weekend!

wow sounds like a big time ahead for you maybebaby, hoping the lap goes well and that IUI does the trick for you!

glad to hear you're feeling better sary_lou and that all that BDing pays off ;)

great news on the crosshairs galanthus, fingers crossed for your tww!

great you were able to get out for the test minimonkey, let us know what news you get today. good luck with the BDing!

great the progesterone worked and you got AF mrsprawn! i totally hear you, i've never wanted to see AF so much in my life lol!

fingers crossed the metformin helps and that you just o late sweet_cassiopeia! wouldn't it be nice if that were the case and you dont' need the next round of clomid!

good luck on avoiding all tracking and testing VCH! fingers crossed for you too!

good luck mrsG2, they say BD every second day shoudl still be enough!

AFM, CD101, nothing new, same old symptoms. have my US and bloods booked for wednesday morning, hoping for nothing serious yet something diagnosable and treatable (if that makes sense). won't know results until sept 8th though. feeling low-ish but trying to stay busy and positive.

xox

Sweet_Cassiopeia

Red femme - I do hope that it is our case, since I had the scan last week, been cranky lately. Poor DH have to deal with a green monster :( .

MrsJ13

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share my story!!! I haven't been on here for a few months while I took a break from forums BUT! Today I got my very first BFP! My husband and I started trying in March 2014... We couldn't try every month as he works away but still our journey took a long time with over 12 attempts... As each month went by the AF turning up the least hopeful I became, I went to a FS who did an ovarian reserve test which came back quite low... Meaning I don't have as many eggs as other women my age... Which is 28 DH is 28 soon also... Anyway that stressed me out, my next step was a laparascopy and then looking into IVF... I eventually had to start Zoloft which was 3 weeks ago coz I couldn't handle the depression of not being pregnant (which I know need to find out of it's dangerous or not) my FS didn't seem to bat an eye handing me a script so maybe it's ok??? Anyway just don't give up! This journey is so hard on emotions especially the longer you try but just hang in there!!! I hope I have given hope to ladies like me have lost a little xoxoxo

• Like 5

Galanthus

Mini Monkey

Sounds like you're doing all that you can bd wise. Hope you catch that egg! Elusive little bugger :)

mrsprawn14

Good to hear you're positive about af. Finger crossed this cycle will be yours!

Sweet_Cassiopeia

Good luck to you as well Sweet_Cassiopeia!

VCH

Wow. A ban from the tracking app, what material are YOU made of? I'm impressed :)

MrsG2

I understand the dissapointment in only being able to dtd twice. I'd worry too and feel like it wasn't our cycle then. But really, in reality, you never know "It only takes one" right?

Hope it's enough for you and you too catch the egg.

red femme

Gah. Such a long wait for you and then having to wait for September too for any answers :(

Hopefully they find something easily fixable so you can get on to some serious babymaking :)

MrsJ13

Thank you for sharing that story and congrats on the BFP! :)

AFM

Waiting. 8 dpo and not looking for symptoms. But I did have 2 days of full ferning on the saliva microscope, which I have no clue what means.Dr Google isn't super helpful.Keep in mind I never even had full fern for O...

VCH

Congrats MrsJ13!!!!

I may have not been on my tracking up, but I am slightly obsessed with the website "countdown to pregnancy" while im trying not to check the DPO section.... im addicted to looking at the test people upload!If you don't know what im talking about..... BE WARNED!!! Its addictive

• Like 1

Galanthus

Yeah, I love the gallery on there as well VCH. Spend way too much time on it.

Jacq17

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I've been off site all weekend will need to catch up on thread.

So AF was due yesterday and was a no-show....took test first thing this morning and got a big fat Negative :(

So I'm a bit bummed today, trying to stay positive & see what the rest of the week brings.

Sarza0606

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a great weekend.

Congrats!! Shan92

Love to everyone!!

So i deceived to get OPK tested it last night and i got two lines :) But I didn't get to take advantage of the time with DH so now i am really depressed. I was using an app which was way off my fertile period - so it tells a lot about how maybe thats why we have not conceived just been doing it at the wrong time.

Also anyone have problems about putting too much pressure on DH? I know i am and on myself as well. Then when he doesn't want to i get upset that he doesn't want to any more.

It is literally on my mind 24/7 and he is just happy to go along with things he doesn't like to plan etc

Ive just Google adult colouring books as well haha

VCH

I know what you mean about it being on your mind 24/7 Sarza! It's all I think about it!!!!!

My DP and I sort of have this unwritten rule where I won't tell him when I'm ovulating... though I'm pretty sure he knows because I initiate EVERY SECOND DAY ha ha ha

I know for us it has put a lot of pressure on BDing... it's fine for me to just lay there... but he NEEDS to "finish". I can always tell by the end of the fertile period that it's more pressure for him, because it takes a bit longer than usual.

And I find the TWW the worst because there is nothing I can do.... except post on here a lot!!!

I'm trying to be strong... but I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up testing in the next few days AF is due Friday and with OPK testing, I think I'm about 11DPO today!

ItIsComplicated

Sarza- Yep in same boat. I'm totally obsessed and consumed in it but DP is so casual and relaxed about it and I get soooo frustrated. His all "it'll happen when it happens" and will only bd if his in the mood not because it's perfect timing. I actually went as far as saying to him it's feels like we have just waisted almost a whole year, harsh I know. But when he keeps saying why aren't you pregnant yet... Um hello!!!

I usually don't tell him when it's o time because he doesn't like the pressure so I just make the move and see how it goes :(.

ppm

Hi (new to the blog) .

I was hoping to get some help ...I have been TTC for 12months found i had one blocked tube, endo and polyps . My chances of conceiving are so low and was going to go to IVF but then i had underactive thyroid issues so have been on meds trying to get them to a heathly level for pregnancy for the last 2 months . I just changed my dosage about 2 weeks ago and my period is 5 days late. I did a HPT and see a faint line (yes i have followed the instructions to a T). I have gone and got blood done yesterday to confirm, but my doc wants me to come in to discuss the results on thursday and wont give me the results prior ......Has anyone had a similar issue ? I just want to know if its positive or not!