Sign in to follow this  
mamaj180

Surpise pregnancy...7months pp...Future long term contraception

mamaj180

Hey ladies..I found out a couple of days ago that we are expecting baby number 6. Big big shock and surprise as I am 7months pp. But we are over the moon as we always wanted 6 and this will definately be our last. I was just wondering if any of you ladies could tell me what long term contraception has worked for you. I fell pregnant on the pill. And mirena wont be an option as I have a uterine prolapse and dont realy like the idea of it.

Veritas Vinum Arte

If you are planning no more children send your husband for the snip. Follow up with test to confirm zero sperm.

DHs Dr used cut cauterise tie and sew method so it won't rejoin.

I also use Implanon -3yrs implant. I used that for the three years before DH had snip. I still have to use it now, not for contraceptive but it stops my cycle so I don't get migraines.

Edited by Isolabella

HubbaBubbaMumma

In a word vasectomy!

Congrats on your news :)

• Like 1

FuzzyChocolateToes

One oopsie was enough to convince dh to get a vasectomy.

ForTheLoveOfCats

I had my tubed tied after my 4th. If you don't want the op then a vasectomy

jess1980

I had my tubes tied when my twins arrived and I wouldn't recommend it make your hubby get a vasectomy

Soontobegran

Firstly congratulations, I am amazed you managed to get to 30 or so weeks without knowing :)

A vasectomy sounds like a good plan OP.

I would not have my TL again if I had known the consequences for me but I tried all other methods of contraception available to me at the time ( aside from abstinence ) and they didn't work.

Veritas Vinum Arte

STBG I assumed 7m Post Partum, not 7m PG?

• Like 5

suzy-c

I am considering the same question after this bub. May I innocently ask, what's wrong with a tubal ligation? I've never had menstrual problems before, so I was thinking about it.

CCLady

I am considering the same question after this bub. May I innocently ask, what's wrong with a tubal ligation? I've never had menstrual problems before, so I was thinking about it.

My personal experience... had it done when I had a ceaser with #4 and have regretted it ever since. I have PCOS too so always had irregular cycles.

Now they are bang on 29 days and HORRIFIC. The bleeding and cramping is insane. I have been recommended the Marina to stop my cycles. Seems so nuts to used double contraception. I had periods like this in my teens with the cramping, but now it's the length, flow and pain that is a real problem.

GP and Gyno do not think it is tubal related but many hours of reading and researching online you cannot convince me that its not the cause.

Lauren59

I wouldn't have tubes tied either, I just figure after all those labours (not to mention pregnancies!) that it's his turn for a bit of pain and discomfort. I also can't take full contraceptive pill because of migraines and higher stroke risk

• Like 1

The Awesome One

Another here for vasectomy, DH has his referral and will be getting it done soon. I have heard too many stories about TL to even consider it, I have PCOS and have enough problems with my cycles to risk adding to them, I've also had issues with hormonal contraception so that's also out, which leaves us with vasectomy or condoms, and as we are certain we don't want any more children we are happy to go the vasectomy route.

greenthumbs

I just figure - major invasive surgery vs a little snip?

Especially after going through pregnancy, childbirth and recovery - he can now endure a local anesthetic, short procedure carried out in doctors office and having to sit on a bag of peas for a day or two.

• Like 2

Ellie bean

No experience personally but I've read threads on here and elsewhere that have reaalllly put me off evera doing this

• Like 1