Btexpress

No dads on the forum?

Btexpress

There has been no new posts in the dads area in 7 or so months. Sure some guys are out there and maybe posting in other sections but dont us lads need to also get into this parenting information thing and start some posts?

Mums always seem to be all over parenting forums and why not guys as much?

Any blokes out there? Im a very passionate father and want to know how other guys are travelling. We face soooo many challenges as dads and men which are not as publised or often talked about as much and we should be more vocal in being dads and the role we play in the family.

Personally, im a stay at home dad 3 days a week while my wifes at work. I run a few businesses which I only work at 2 days a week in an attempt to be with the kids. I struggle to keep up with eveything I need to do and sometimes wonder how to manage it all amd whats right/wrong.

Of course family is more important than anything else but the world is large and as mentioned us guys have our own heavy weight to carry.

How's everyone else going?

• Like 9

dadwasathome

I've noticed 3 including myself regularly posting in the general sections. When I joined in 2004 (SAHD in my first son's second year) there were more.

After so long its just a big family, and issues tend not to be so dad specific for me. I've always enjoyed playing with the girls too.

• Like 6

Slazer

Another dad here, so we do exist.

I tend to find any questions I have had tend not to be “dad” or male specific so I find myself posting in general forums instead.

That said if someone posts a dad question and I think I have a perspective I will reply to it for sure.

elmo_mum

my dh stays away from these forums, cos he tends to get bashed by women who tend to not like the fact that SOME dads actual do parenting type stuff too...

and all the advice is mums based so he has nothing to add

Edited by elmo_mum
  • Like 3

Mister Mum

Another Dad here - this place is part information part entertainment for me. I like to stir the pot occasionally but generally you can get good information here.

There are a few members who seem to make it their business to hunt down any male post and look for traces of misogyny in it so they can shout you down but they are rare - and quite frankly - amusing as all hell :)

Just remember, you're a stranger in a strange land. Step lightly. :D

• Like 5

Mizzy83

Hi guys. I'm a dad to be. New to the forum.

We're due in November for our first baby.

The pregnancy is going well but it has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I alternate between pretty excited and terrified. :D

I'm hoping I really feel overwhelmed by love the moment the baby comes out and can just snap into fatherhood quite easily.

Edited by Mizzy83
  • Like 2

Coffeegirl

Long time poster here and a Mum.

Welcome to EB!

I think you'll find for the most part, the advice here will be helpful regardless of your gender.

Don't be scared to ask questions in the other forums, but maybe tread carefully in the general forums as they can get pretty feisty. And that's advice I would give to any newbie :)

• Like 4

Feral Grey Mare

We've had several men venture into our territory over the years. We usually manage to track them down. If you don't believe me you just need to look at the display of stuffed and mounted testicles on the wall of the EB sisterhood clubhouse. Only the brave or the foolish...

• Like 7

Mister Mum

A classic sign is "Feral" as part of their username. They're part of the EB collective - stay far, far away :D

Edited by Mister Mum
  • Like 5

Ruf~Feral~es

A classic sign is "Feral" as part of their username. They're part of the EB collective - stay far, far away :D

Or add Feral to your own user name - guarantees we will treat you nice, initially at least.

• Like 2

BetteBoop

Poor deluded creature. Our numbers are legion and our names vary.

You may try to hide but we will find you.

• Like 4

HRH Countrymel

If you don't believe me you just need to look at the display of stuffed and mounted testicles on the wall of the EB sisterhood clubhouse.

Is THAT what they are?

Well thanks a lot comrades...

You well know I've been hanging my keys on those for bloody years now..

I thought they were key racks!

• Like 4

Slazer

Is THAT what they are?

Well thanks a lot comrades...

You well know I've been hanging my keys on those for bloody years now..

I thought they were key racks!

02e17e25ab0912cb238b733050818bf3.jpg

Edited by Slazer
  • Like 2

dadwasathome

Only the brave or the foolish...

#notallthemenz :p

• Like 1

dad2two_

sup

BadCat

Meh. I figure that parenting is about the kids not the parents for the most part.

Help, my kid is doing this....!

Oh no, the school is doing that....!

Which cream for nappy rash?

Can't believe my kid didn't get made boss of the world today!

Kid for sale!

Doesn't really matter what gender YOU are, the kids are going to give you the same sh*t.

Half the time I wouldn't know a male poster if I tripped over one. It's only the one's with Dad in their usernames that alert me, otherwise I'd probably never notice (and I don't always look at usernames anyway).

So yeah, jump on in OP. Your input is as good as the next person's. Well, unless the next person is, like, some sort of evil kitty overlord or something. Nobody's input is as good as that.

• Like 2

Chopster

To the OP, I took some time off looking after both my kids whilst my wife returned to work.

I did mix with the mothers group, but I was the only father who came along, and one of the mothers said to me that I was wasting my time looking after my kids because research shows that it makes no difference if fathers are active in their children's lives before they turn 8.

Chocolate Addict
Half the time I wouldn't know a male poster if I tripped over one. It's only the one's with Dad in their usernames that alert me, otherwise I'd probably never notice (and I don't always look at usernames anyway).

Exactly this. Don't be scared, just jump in, unless you identify that you are male in a post most of us probably won't notice :p

• Like 1

seayork2002

I am a mum (well I was the last time I checked) but on EB/EK I have been 'accused' of being a bloke - I guess it is because women have to all think the same?

I try and treat posters the same regardless of which side they dress on

• Like 1

steppy

To the OP, I took some time off looking after both my kids whilst my wife returned to work.

I did mix with the mothers group, but I was the only father who came along, and one of the mothers said to me that I was wasting my time looking after my kids because research shows that it makes no difference if fathers are active in their children's lives before they turn 8.

Ha ha ha. I would have fallen about laughing.