Sign in to follow this  
The Awesome One

exhausted

The Awesome One

I've had a natural labour and a planned c-section (so have done it both ways lol). I do unfortunately have a rental inspection over the school holidays which I am not looking forward to, the place is a mess right now, I've been so slack with the cleaning the past few weeks, I will just have to suck it up and do it though I guess, better we have an inspection now than having one right after bub is born. It's only 2 weeks for driving isn't it?

**Xena**

Have fun with the new car FMM.

It can be hard to make the decision in regards to VBAC or repeat c-section. On one hand it's nice to have that scheduled date when you have other children to organise etc. On the other hand recovery is much better after a VBAC. Good luck deciding.

Thanks for your well wishes FMM and CP. Went in today to have blood taken in case I need a transfusion. 2 more sleeps :D

• Like 2

IkeaAddict

I've had a natural labour and a planned c-section (so have done it both ways lol). I do unfortunately have a rental inspection over the school holidays which I am not looking forward to, the place is a mess right now, I've been so slack with the cleaning the past few weeks, I will just have to suck it up and do it though I guess, better we have an inspection now than having one right after bub is born. It's only 2 weeks for driving isn't it?

I had an emergency c-section and had no driving restrictions. Check with your car insurance people though, apparently they are the ones that can refuse a claim if you have an accident in the time after surgery. I had an easy recovery after my C-section....I've never give birth naturally so can't compare the two but as soon as the catheter was out, the morning after the C-section I was back to normal with virtually no pain and no hassles lifting DS in and out of the cot/pram etc

Divine 37

I have had constant back pain for 12 hours now, no contractions though. I guess we'll see what happens, hope everyone is going ok x

• Like 2

bubba boo

Goods luck Xena, changing pace and divine 35.

I've still got bout 6 weeks to go. I've done a hospital birth, a very quick homebirth, a home water birth and a home breech birth but never a csection so can't help there.

• Like 2

The Awesome One

My only concern with a VBAC is the risk of uterine rupture, I can't get the what ifs out of my head, DH is supportive either way but feels a c-section is also safer (his cousin just had an emergency c-section which I think he worries about happening to me). I just don't know lol.

Chaotic Pogo

I've never given birth naturally, so can't do the real comparison, but after comparing the emergency and planned CS, don't want to 'risk' another emergency CS. ;)

But in any case, the decision is practically out of my hands anyway. If I really pushed for it they might (maybe) let me try VBaC2, but in light of needing a hip replacement (as in now, not one day) and the doubt I could structurally 'take it' and no flexibility, pretty sure they'd be 'strongly recommending' to get me to go CS anyway. Which makes my 'decision' a lot easier than yours FMM :)

IkeaA you must recover really well! I didn't even get out of bed the day after my emergency CS (wasn't even coherent) and the nurses did a lot of pursuading the following day... I was told 6 weeks for the car insurance due to core muscles being needed for an emergency stop and must have been passed fit by the OB (at 6 week appt). Every company must do it different.

Good luck D35!

The Awesome One

Ikea you must recover really well, I hated that first week after my c-section, though I felt much better once I finally managed to go to the toilet (took 4 days to get things moving again which is where a lot of my pain was coming from I think).

Xena can I be rude and ask why you're having a c-section? Feel free not to share if you don't want to.

Having a nice relaxing day today, though I've been told by my mother I need to walk more :rolleyes: yeah right, this lil bugger has his head (or arm, or whatever the hell it is) so deep it must be pushing against a nerve or something, every step sends a sharp pain through my vajayjay lol, walking happens under protest lol. He's feeling very heavy too, I'm again assuming this has to do with his position as I never felt that with my twins (they were transverse so never head down), DS1 was too long ago to remember lol.

**Xena**

Xena can I be rude and ask why you're having a c-section? Feel free not to share if you don't want to.

Not rude at all :) It's my 4th C-section so they won't let me have a VBAC. First one was an emergency one when I was 2 weeks past due date after 4 days induced labour. After that I had electives as if I went over they wouldn't induce me for a VBAC so I'd have to have a c-section anyway.

Finally finished packing my bag and started on the kids bags :lol: Lucky this baby didn't try to come early, I have been so slack :lol:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. This time tomorrow I should have some pics for you :D

Good luck Divine35- hope you are cuddling your baby now or close to it :)

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Good luck Xena!

Looking forward to pics :)

And thanks for reminding me about the bag packing bit!

D35, hope it's going well for you :)

FMM I hate the last bit, getting headbutted in the cervix too. Very hard to describe that feeling . And so not into the walking either, as you say every step!

Got a little sleep last nite, so sitting up today which Is nice. 8 more days.

• Like 2

The Awesome One

DH let me sleep till 11 today (I woke on my own), so I'm feeling slightly more human today :) Woke up to find a friend had been round and dropped me off a bunch of baby clothes which is lovely, pretty sure I won't need to buy any more for a long time now lol.

Xena they won't induce me either, so if I don't go into labour on my own then I will end up with a c-section anyway, I was induced with my first, though I was already 2cms dilated so they reckon I probably would have gone on my own in a couple more days.

I've started getting the bits together for my bag and crossing it off as I buy them so that I don't forget anything lol, feel like such a novice it's been so long lol.

Time to have something to eat and then get cleaning :( booooo

*maddierose*

Xena: good luck tomorrow.

FMM: yay to a sleep in, I slept til 10am too. What a difference it makes.

I'm on early shift this week so have to start work at 6. As much as I love finishing early getting up stinks.

Chaotic Pogo

Yay for a sleep in! Gold star to your DHs.

MR, there's a 6 o'clock in the morning? Seriously? I know about the 6 o'clock that comes after midnite, of course... When you are still trying to get to sleep.

Hope your work week is still ok.

The Awesome One

Made my mind up, doing a c-section, 2wks early sounds good to me right now, I need to feel like me again. I thought I'd finished emptying all of the stuff out of DS2 room weeks ago (he's now sharing with his older brother), open up the cupboard in there to put some baby stuff away and it is PACKED with his rubbish, I closed the door and just walked out, went to talk to DH and just burst into tears because I am a baby and can't control my own emotions right now. I stopped cleaning and went and baked a cake instead. now I'm sitting here while I wait to take it out of the oven.

I'm over worrying, I'm over stressing over this decision, I'm also worried it will set off my eczema if I go naturally (that is not a place you ever want eczema), so I'm deciding.

On the upside I found my old nappy bag which I loved so will now be able to reuse for this bubba, and found my travel change mat too so can cross those off my list. Oh and I took my new car for a test drive, very nice, no clunking and feeling like something is going to fall out from under me lol. Very very different to drive though so I'm glad I have the holidays to get used to it. Better practice parking too lol.

• Like 2

Chaotic Pogo

Good on you for deciding FMM. You will feel better tomorrow knowing decision made, date to be set at next appt.

Cake is better than cleaning any day of the week. I hope you enjoy it. :)

The Awesome One

Changed my mind again lol, god I'm such an idiot lol. This sucks, this sucks, this sucks.

• Like 1

**Xena**

Willow Jane arrived safely at 9:07am weighing 3.6kg :)

• Like 8

Chaotic Pogo

Some decisions just don't get made till they are made do they? In the end you wonder if you should just flip a coin!

You'll get there. Or maybe start labour, that'll make your mind up for you. ;)

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Yay for Willow Jane!

Congrats Xena, hope you are feeling good :)

• Like 1

The Awesome One

Beautiful name Xena, congratulations xxxx

• Like 1

*maddierose*

Congratulations Xena. Lovely name.

FMM: what a difficult decision. I'm sure whichever you make will be right for you and your family.

What are your main pros/ cons for each?

Cp: Yep 6am is way to close to midnight. Of course last night I couldn't sleep and was still tossing and turning until 12:30am then up 3 times for the toilet and once with a leg cramp and then off goes my alarm at 5:15am.

I am so drained.

• Like 3

The Awesome One

Pros and cons hey hmm

Pro VBAC: much faster recovery, can come home the next day, still able to drive, don't have to worry so much about DS2 being too rough with me (he is delayed so I worry he will jump on me without thinking)

Con: can't help worrying about uterine rupture (this is my greatest fear and one I just haven't been able to get past, and the one main reason I am uncomfortable going VBAC), don't trust the hospital to monitor me properly or listen to me if I feel like something is wrong (they were absolutely sh*t last time). I get eczema (down there) and no one has been able to find a treatment that works, at one point I was constantly itching for 18 months before it finally went away on it's own, I worry that the grazing etc from a natural birth might set it off again.

Pros for c-section: set date, I don't have to worry about uterine rupture, feel more assured that baby will be born safe and sound, less likely to set off my eczema and there would be less bleeding.

Cons: much longer recovery, the thought of being awake while they operate freaks me out (I was in tears last time), not being able to drive, DS2 being too rough, needle in my spine freaks me out. I have low blood pressure and after my last c-section no one believed me when I said I felt like I was going to faint when I stood for the first time and they walked off and out of the room, I only just managed to sit down in time. I'd have to stay in hospital longer (was in for 4 days last time), DH doesn't have much time off work this time.

bubba boo

FMM- actually sounds like it's not just the type of birth but the support you get. Have you thought about having a private midwife or doula (doulas can be cheaper on the finances)? That way you have someone experienced to make sure you get what you want and need during your birth. I'm biased on this as I've had a doula or midwife for all my births even my first I used a student, you can find them on Eb :)

Xena- congrats on willow. Enjoy those newborn snuggles.

• Like 1

The Awesome One

I honestly could not afford it, we are in the process of building our first home at the moment, and I've had to rebuy all the baby gear as this little one was a rather big surprise lol. It's one of the many causes of stress in my life atm.

bubba boo

I totally get it FMM ( surprises and lack of money, can only dream of the house part lol). If you were interested you can ask on the midwives and doulas section of eb, that's where I found a student with my first baby for free.