Sign in to follow this  
The Awesome One

exhausted

Chaotic Pogo

Chocolate!

Clearly I did not hunt well last nite. Must have been too tired. Just found the last 2 squares of Lindt dark... Made my day

Good nite all

Chaotic Pogo

Can I just go to sleep now and wake up once baby is born, that would be nice.

I want to do this now. I'm exhausted from lying in bed all day while someone else minded the kids. Instructions to "rest until you are comfortable" LOL

Xena, you around? Just reread how close you are and that you are walking kids to school! Amazing.

• Like 1

The Awesome One

I saw my dr today, had a quick scan to see what position bub was in, I was a good girl and got the whooping cough vaccine today too (I hate needles), been told my blood pressure is still low so I'm to be careful and sit and rest straight away if I feel dizzy (sure thing dr, right after these 3 kids disappear lol). So now it's 7:30 and I'm knackered, I've decided I need that nanna nap in the afternoons if I want to make it through the day without dragging my eyelids along the ground. Unfortunately I have also decided now is the time to get through all the kids various appointments before baby arrives so I'm back and forth from paed appointments, dentist appointments, speech appointments, and DS2 has an appointment with a cardiologist 2 days before my due date. I must be crazy lol.

Edited by Feral Madam Mim

Chaotic Pogo

I was talking to the childless after I had my first. I said, do you know what you get when you have a baby? Appointments!

Feeling the pain FMM. From bed today I booked dishwasher repair, electrician for our kitchen with no functional lights, fit car seats (now need 3 across), childcare while I have my CS (family can't cover it all), music sessions for term 3 DD (she always misses out on stuff). And I think I hired my replacement at work. Anyway, she's coming in. Which means I'll have to be there a couple hours to show her around. I still need to book a speech assessment for DS, whooping cough and flu for DH. and the kids need haircuts. Badly.

None of which as serious as cardiologist. Can you phone to ask for any cancellations? If you explain how close to Due date and you might go early?

Take your Nanna naps!

**Xena**

Xena, you around? Just reread how close you are and that you are walking kids to school! Amazing.

Yep still around :D Not long left now. To be fair I'm not sure I would still be walking the kids to school if I had other options :lol: My baby is being born on the first day of school holidays here in Tas too, so will be walking them right up until the end :lol:

I'm surprisingly feeling heaps better! Still tired but that's not too bad because once the kids are at school I can come home and nap. Hip is still sore but not as bad and the reflux and nausea has disappeared again :thumbs:

FMM I have prretty low BP too. Usually about 100/50. I figure that's better than high though. Just have to stand slowly :lol: You may be a little crazy with all that stuff to do- not that you probably have much choice!!

CP: That's a lot to do for you as well!! MY DD needs a haircut but I doubt it will happen any time soon :lol: At least she doesn't have a fringe so it's not too bad :)

Edited by **Xena**

Divine 37

Since I upped my iron tablet, I have been feeling much better. Although now with Bub dropping, getting lots of inner thigh pain lol

I can't wait till this weeks over and I can hopefully relax during the holidays, fingers crossed lol

My nausea has returned again, fun times

FMM- hope your bp improves, and all the appointments go well

CP- wow that sounds like a lot, hope you ar managing some rest too

Xena- it's pretty amazing you are still walking to school, glad to hear you are feeling better

• Like 1

The Awesome One

None of which as serious as cardiologist. Can you phone to ask for any cancellations? If you explain how close to Due date and you might go early?

Take your Nanna naps!

I could try for a different appointment, but I've been waiting months for this one I don't want to push it further back, and highly doubt I'd get anything closer so just taking it, if need be my MIL or DH will take him up which I figure is probably best anyway as they may decide to do another xray which I wouldn't be able to go in with him for.

My lot all need haircuts too (and so do I) I figure I'll get that done once the holidays start, we still haven't replaced the car either (kinda need to do that or someone will be walking everywhere lol)

Must say I am starting to get very excited, I see my ticker counting down and finally feel like I'm on the last stretch of it now.

Good luck for your birth Xena, 1st day of holidays is right round the corner :D

• Like 1

nup

Sheesh I struggled with my 2nd pregnancy and a rambunctios toddler. I would just not bother with school and they would be tearing my house apart swinging from the rafters. All while i passed out on the couch. Some people are worse than useless during pregnancy. Good luck ladies. I don't think any of it is easy

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Only 19 days to go for me! It is getting exciting. But I'm still exhausted from lying around..

Saw the OB today, come back in a week. Nice to know Bub is happy, but it's a trek getting there now.

FMM I had meant get an earlier one but as you say if X-ray needed will have to be someone else anyway. Car sounds a biggie, I'm glad we had planned for 3 kids 3 adults a year ago when we bought ours, so it's just seats for me.

Xena I saw somewhere you are in Tas! You must be freezing your heinies walking to school! I am glad the various nausea etc are settling but that is seriously low BP isn't it? Have they done the sitting / standing thing to see how far you drop when you stand? Cos I do, and if I was starting from your normal, I'd be passing out on the floor!

D35, don't tell my dr but I skip my iron tab every third or 4 th day for, hmm, reasons I can't express elegantly. It's good the extra is perking you up but I don't envy you. I hope the nausea isn't all day?

Today's whinge (also still no chocolate)

Haircuts will have to wait. Turns out my brother tested positive for whooping cough today and was visiting Us when he caught it. So we may have it too, if we all caught it at the same place (fingers crossed he got it on the plane tho!) I've had a runny nose, cough or lurgy for 14 weeks straight now, new one starts as soon as the old one almost better, but the latest has been nasty and started same day his did. Ugh! I had my whooping cough booster literally a week ago, we saw him the weekend before that. He had a booster 4 years ago, but apparently they can wear off. Kids are up to date on theirs but DH is 4 years ago too. So off to the Dr tomorrow for a triple appt and blood tests :( what worries me is i think I could still be contagious when my Caesar is booked (if I have it). Cross that bridge if I come to it.

Anyway, this is the push I needed to just say, that's it, I'm going on mat leave next week, not even going to work on laptop in bed. Let's see if I stick to it.

*maddierose*

Changing pace: good luck with the tests. The dr will most likely start you on antibiotics just incase. Both my boys had it 18ish months ago, both fully immunised. No one else got it.

I can't sleep and have to be up in 6 hrs for work.

Edited by *maddierose*
  • Like 2

**Xena**

CP: Good luck with the tests. Though from what I have read Whooping Cough whilst pregnant is only bad for you and immunity gets passed to baby about 2 weeks after exposure inside. Still scary though.

I've always had low blood pressure so I guess they don't see an issue as I've never been asked to do anything else :) And yes it's pretty cold here :lol:. Doesn't worry me generally, I like a crisp morning. However a few weeks back it was -5oC and that wasn't pleasant to walk in!

*maddierose* Good luck at work today. I hate pregnancy insomnia :( When do you finish up?

FMM have fun picking a new car. We bought our van when we had 3 so we can all fit. Our car is pretty old though and on its last legs. A house extension is our current priority as we have a 2.5 bedroom house for 2 adults, 4 kids, 2 dogs, a cat and a ferret :lol: After that though we will be looking to replace our van.

The Awesome One

CP they will probably pop you on antibiotics just in case, it's what was discussed with me when we had our son tested (started coughing and a note had come home saying a child at school was diagnosed with whooping cough, so it was decided if DS1 tested positive I would go on antibiotics in case).

My lowest blood pressure recorded was 90/50, and I was still up and about with that, I'd hate to see what it drops to when I faint.

I very stupidly booked 2 appointments on the one day next week, ugh, why do I do this to myself lol, going to tell DH he better not be late home that day lol.

I'm dreading getting a new car, I've never driven anything big, lol, it's going to take some getting used to. While on the subject, what sort of set up does everyone have for their kids? my twins are still in boosters (and I plan to keep them in a booster until they outgrow them), so that means 3 carseats plus DS1. What would be the best set up for that? DS2 can do himself up in his booster (though I still like to check it before driving off) but DD still needs help.

bubba boo

FMM- I'm doing the same thing with appointments. The problem is going to be trying to cull them back down to a reasonable level once bub comes. As for car seats, in the back row we will have one in a normal seat and one in a booster, middle row will have another in a booster, bub rear facing in the middle and one forward facing ( all 3 across). With so many in car seats we have to put the car seats how they puzzle in the best.

CP- hope the tests went well

Anyone struggling carrying toddlers? I have a 17 month old who wants constant cuddles and loves to give the baby a sharp elbow ( to which the baby promptly kicks back, love being caught in the middle of a before birth sibling fight lol).

• Like 1

*maddierose*

Xena: I am 30 weeks now and the plan was to work til 37. I think I'll need to cut back days though.

FMM: we actually bought a smaller car just before our bfp. We had a 7 seater territory and now have a 5 seater commodore. My eldest has her own car so never comes out with us and my second will get her ps soon.

Ds1 is 8 and in a booster near the door, ds2 is 6 and 5 point harnessed near the other door. We trialled them side by side and they fight to much so looks like I'll be leaning in to put a capsule in the middle.

Bubbaboo: yes, I work with twelve 0-2 year olds every day and they all want to be picked up and cuddled often. My baby often kicks and pines them if they bump my bump or if they are too noisy. Lol.

Edited by *maddierose*
  • Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

. I hate pregnancy insomnia :(

Me too.

And I'm tired of appts!

As you all expected, the whole family started antibiotics pending result from throat swabs. At least not blood tests after all. I expect it will be a couple days before we find out.

It was like herding cats trying to get the kids in there (me on crutches), to stay away from others and toys till I could tell reception to put us somewhere else to wait, then she didn't tell the dr where we were so we were waiting ages... Meanwhile DD 22mo has discovered door handles and spent 3/4 of an hour trying to exit that room with me hanging onto the door for dear life. I think she's stronger than me just now!

After that I went to work to show the ropes to my replacement for a few hours.

And when I got home my feet were like balloons. Sharp lines in them, from the softest slip ons I've got, probably an inch of fluid puff on top. I was totally exhausted and thought I might pass out.

I'm not going in tomorrow, and I'll be trying to just phone coach my replacement with any questions next week. Poor woman, not much of a hand over but she's got plenty of experience so she should be ok.

Not sure what seat set up we'll end with, there's only 3 tethers all Middle row and I bought a spare untethered booster but turns out DS shoulders don't hit the marks yet... Hopefully the seat fitting guy can get a capsule and 2 proper seats in 3 across using the seats we have.

FMM, this is our first big car and was scary to start. Don't know if I could manage without the reversing camera which has been great. Next time I want a front camera too. But very happy now.

I literally can't carry my kids anymore, discovered today my 22mo weighs 14.5kg which sounds a lot! Have to change her wherever I can persuade her to lie down...

2 more appts tomorrow but no going to work any more :)

Chaotic Pogo

Well the good news is no whooping cough for us all, and I am to stay on the ABs which are starting to clear up whatever my latest lurgy is.

But tonight I'm feeling very sorry for myself and a bit tears.

Edit to remove long list of woes.

It was a bad nite.

Oh and the kids still need haircuts and I have a broken fingernail. I am sure it is the broken fingernail that has tipped me over the edge. :rofl:

Anyone else still up?

Edited by ChangingPace

bubba boo

Changing pace- I was up but too busy trying to get little ones back down again! that list is awful and definitely too much. I try not to do lists like that as they make everything feel worse :). have you got a big calendar countdown happening? With only two weeks to go sounds like a countdown and lots of pampering are in order. Oh and forget the haircuts, they can wait (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself but in 7 weeks time......).

Maddierose- yikes 12 little ones, it's amazing you can still walk.

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Thanks Bubba Boo, you are right lists like that do not help.

Feel a little better this morning, my sister has taken the kids to the park and I have a list of stuff I can do on the computer with my feet up.

Just going to take each day as it comes.

The Awesome One

it's always the smallest thing that tips you over the edge isn't it.

The Awesome One

Xena I don't know how you do it, I just walked to school to pick up the kids, I'm done in lol.

• Like 1

**Xena**

Xena I don't know how you do it, I just walked to school to pick up the kids, I'm done in lol.

Only 4 more days left of school thank goodness :lol:

maddierose that's funny about your bub reacting to the toddlers. My 7yo is very loud and this bub often jiggles around when she talks :lol:

CP you poor thing. I had one of those days the other week. The week had been awful with two deaths and the kids breaking stuff (accidentally but still). Then my daughter broke my fairly new phone whilst playing a game on it and I burst into tears and cried for like 3 hours :lol: Think it was just the straw that broke the camels back.

I have my last appointment tomorrow with the midwives :) Next timeI see them will be on the ward:D So glad to be in the last week. Best of all this week is filled with things to do so hopefully it won't go too slowly ;)

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Roll call ladies! :) No flies on me has Bub arrived? Xena? Anyone else?

FMM, how is the car hunt going? I got our seats fitted and didn't have to buy any new ones which was good. They are all middle row, oldest on right, to newborn on left. Maybe another 6 months before DS or his cousin can use the untethered booster in the last row, till then can't carry any extra kids. Got their haircuts done too, so they'll look ok in the baby photos!

Xena, very sorry to hear about your losses that cannot be easy, especially right now. And NOT a good time to have phone broken either. Can u get it fixed can before baby? Hope your midwife apt went well. Do you have a CS date or are you waiting and watching?

I saw the OB yesterday, had an hour monitoring, come back Monday week for your CS. 10 days to go :)

Had to do work on laptop but it's down to an hour or so a day. Talked to colleague on phone for half an hour and was out of breath... I am more and more liking the idea of knock me out till Bub is here FMM! Thank goodness someone is coming over every day now to mind the kids, otherwise the poor things would just have to help themselves to an open packet of biscuits or something left out and run feral!! I'm stuck in the bed except for showers and 2 hours for any errands eg Drs.

The good news is these ABs are working a treat against my lurgy and I have stopped sniffling which is very nice. Also bought new curtains online, since our new house is getting cold and some windows don't have any, and the heater is on all the time, the bills are going to be bad. Hope they are delivered quickly!

• Like 2

**Xena**

No Flies on Me has had her bub. Accidental VBA3C but I'll let her tell the story :)

CP My DH has fixed my phone luckily. It's the only camera we have so another reason I was pretty upset!

C-section is booked for first thing Monday so not long now :D

Not long for you now either :D

• Like 1

The Awesome One

DH and I just bought a Kluger yesterday (older model but much better than the old clunker we were using) needs a couple of small things done to it but otherwise is really good, and I have the school holidays to get used to driving it before I have to worry about driving it around school zones lol. I'm thinking baby in the middle and twins on either side with DS1 in the back row? (I'd rather baby on the side but DH says that isn't safe as it has side airbags). I've had a rather crappy week, I just can't do the busy days right now without feeling absolutely awful by the end, but I think I am pretty much finished with all appointments now until baby is here.

Still tossing up between a c-section or VBAC, really starting to lean towards a c-section now though, purely as I don't want to spend 8+ hours of labour petrified of something going wrong and freaking out the entire time instead of focusing on birthing my baby, but then I remember how sucky the recovery from my last c-section was and change my mind again lol. Ugh why can't these things be easier, really must decide before my next appointment so I can be booked in.

In case you're busy over the weekend I just want to wish you luck Xena, and can't wait to hear about the birth :)

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Good luck for Monday too Xena! Our bubs will be exactly 1 week apart, I'm booked for first thing the following Monday:). Love to hear how you go, or how the weekend goes if you are online.

I am glad phone is fixed, would be horrible not to have camera !

FMM, glad your appointments are about over but there is always something isn't there! Try to get that Nanna nap! Good the car is done too, now baby can come home without DS1 walking :)

must find out about side airbags in our car...

I've only had CS (1st was after hideous failed induction), so can't comment on recovery from VBAC, but recovery from planned CS so very much easier than from emergency CS after labour. Don't know which CS you had. Also the unable to drive issue afterwards. But once you choose, it will be a worry of your mind :)