Sign in to follow this  
The Awesome One

exhausted

The Awesome One

I'm exhausted, like all the time, I wake up wanting to go back to bed, I have a nap almost every afternoon, I haven't slept well in months (waking up to pee, or baby moving wakes me, or he just sits in a bad position causing pain). I have just under 10 weeks to go, I'm starting to worry that I'm in over my head, how on earth am I going to keep up with the other kids with a newborn on top. So I'm asking, how did you do it? I have 2 schools to hit every morning (DS1 and DD go to one school and DS2 goes to another). Guess I also just need a whinge to people that understand, I don't want to be given the guilt trip just because I'm having a crappy couple of days and need to get it out, I love this bub, he's very very wanted, but that doesn't make the exhaustion any better (and yes my iron is good, I had that tested a couple of weeks ago as it was originally low when I first fell pregnant).

• Like 1

Green Sage

I don't know how your doing it right now! And I have no advice for later.

But I feel your pain, I don't sleep much more than 5-6 hours a night between peeing and heartburn, and waking to roll over because of my sore hips and back and pelvis. I have a 11 month old to chase around and it's exhausting!

I really hope you have some help to call upon. And be thankful that your kids are in school so at least during the day you can have some peace with your baby.

And you survived twins! With a young child as well! You can do anything after surviving that! Don't lose heart.

TigerQueenofSheeba

Hey there - I understand what you mean.

I am 32 weeks and I feel like a big heifer lol. I also have two kids at two different schools - I feel your pain.

These later stages of pregnancy are a pain in the a$$ and sometimes it feels like we are not supposed to talk about it!

Whinge away!

akkiandmalli

I have a 9,7,2 and 4 month old . It's tiring and exhausting.

Take one day at a time. It's harder than three but I delegate the older ones to do jobs .

I was way more tired when pregnant though . My last baby was 10p and she drained me.

Best of luck you be right you have had twins

Edited by akkiandmalli

*maddierose*

I feel your pain. As much as this baby is loved and wanted this pregnancy has been by far my hardest.

Last night I was awake for the 3rd time to pee and with hip pain. I was thinking I can't wait to have bub so I can sleep comfortably then I remembered babies wake a lot. I'm never going to sleep.

Just as I fell into a deep sleep my alarm went off at 5:30 for me to get up and go to work where I have the pleasure of looking after twelve 0-2 year olds.

9ish weeks until maternity leave and 11ish until bub arrives.

I'm lucky that when bub does arrive my mum is a 10 minute drive away and some days will come and help with dropping my others at school.

The Awesome One

Yeah I have DS1 help with the dishwasher and call upon all of them to help me with whatever is dropped on the floor.

TigerQueenofSheeba

I work from home so when I drop something during the day I take the time to consider whether I actually need it or can it wait until the kids get home haha.

It's hard being pregnant. As much as we love certain bits of it - we are growing a human being inside our bodies. How can it not be hard!!

• Like 3

Chaotic Pogo

Can I join in?

Me too, 34 weeks, 4yo and 2yo.

Sheer exhaustion, definitely much harder this time. Growing a baby doesn't get easier with practice.

Hoping a newborn will be easier than this, body might start to recover even if sleep doesn't

Don't lose heart but feel free to whinge away!

I've reached the 'on the floor/pretend I can't see it' stage, only way to stay sane.

FMM Is there ANyone that could do even a couple of school drop offs a week for you? Even if just at one school?

I recently found out I need more salt. All these years of healthy eating low salt stuff and I now have orders to eat salt till my tongue burns (to raise my blood pressure). I don't get as dehydrated (salt helps you retain it) and that helps a little with energy levels. Sounds stupid but Hydralite every morning gave me a boost for a couple of months. Also compression socks! Real difference between a sock day and a no sock day.

• Like 1

The Awesome One

I didn't know salt helped with blood pressure (mine likes to dip quite low at times). I could ask my MIL to help with dropping off DS2 but I'm saving all my favours for when the baby is here as DH won't have as much time off as he did with the other kids. I've still got so much that I have to get ready for the baby too, furniture needs moving, the bedroom needs doing, still lots of shopping to get done, ugh, but I look at everything that needs to get done and then just close my eyes and push it to the back of my mind.

Divine 37

Hearing you, I am almost 36 weeks and had a crap night with the kids. I just felt like crying at bedtime.

This Bub is sitting so high and is my bigger than my others which I think is making things more difficult. Oh and I am still dealing with nausea, which isn't helping

We moved 10 weeks ago and I just can't keep up with it all. I also have a child with special needs and a 2 year old that doesn't stop.

Still trying to get things ready for Bub as well, anyways just wanted to say I understand .

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Well, FMM, don't want to give medical advice and all that, but my BP is fine, measured sitting down usually 110/70. When I stand up, it drops and doesn't come back until I start moving, all the blood is pooling in my legs. The GP clocked me with a drop of 24 from 117/? to 93/? 90'seconds after standing up. Called Orthostatic intolerance.

It makes me tired, feel weak (not bad enough to be fainting) but explains why I can't stand waiting in a queue at the supermarket.... Low blood volume makes it a lot worse, low blood volume relates to dehydration, but water just goes straight through me, unless I eat the salt. That's a reason athletes have Gatorade etc, all those electrolytes are salt. I guess I just lose salt quickly. BTW the salt advice was also from a Cardiologist, I've seen lots of people. I have a litre of hydralite every morning, but made up at less than half strength, and heavily salt meals now, and it was making a huge difference till I just got too far along in this pregnancy. If you wake up with a dry mouth and have low BP, a morning hydralite could help you :) or not, if your tiredness is not related to your hydration at all.

Chins up everyone, we are on the home straight (kind of). But whinge away cos it makes me feel better. IRL I don't have any friends doing this, the wusses all stopped at 2.

It doesn't matter if things aren't perfect for baby, a friend of mine spent her first few weeks in a drawer instead of a cradle, she was a bit prem and they weren't ready :) My achievement this last weekend was to empty spare clothes and linen and just stuff from the cradle, air the mattress, put some linen on it and move it to my room. Took from fri nite to sun nite. Next I will find the baby clothes and wash them. And that's about all the prep I will do!

Anyone with drop offs, can u access aftercare at all? It gives me flexibility and less stress to know I can pick up anytime (within reason) from his kindy and not be stressing I am 15 late and no carpark. Don't be moving that furniture yourself, but definitely online shopping even if you'd normally go yourself. Saves time and energy.

Can I make a date to whinge again tomorrow nite? I feel better now

Edit stupid typo

Edited by ChangingPace

anatomicalheart

Hand goes up.

37 weeks here with a 3yo, 5yo, and 6yo.

The children have been sick, in turns, for roughly six weeks now. The 3yo is currently recovering from a chest infection.

And we currently have no heater.

I'm sure it's going to be less exhausting with a newborn.

Natttmumm

I only have 3 but always felt better once bub was out - would rather be up to a newborn than pregnant anyday.

Hang in there

The Awesome One

yeah stuff that needs doing is moving furniture in my room to make space for baby (I'll sort all the crap on top of it and DH will actually move the heavy stuff), finding the linen for the bassinet, nappies, wipes, change table, making sure I have everything for hospital etc etc, I still don't even have a damn car that will fit us all (though DH will prob do this one). I'm all hormonal and crazy this time which really doesn't help I don't think lol, I always thought people were over reacting when they carried on about crying over everything, oh how wrong I was lol, I can't find the rocker that I want for baby and it's driving me nuts, I'm ready to throw a tantrum over it, absolutely kicking myself that I got rid of my old one.

The Awesome One

I forgot to pay my rent, 4 years and I have NEVER forgotten, not once, first I was furious because I was sure they were wrong and that I'd paid it, then I just felt stupid because when I went online to check realised that no I really had forgotten, I just can't believe it, I've paid it now of course but bloody hell, I can't believe I did that. I am angry that they didn't just ring me to let me know and instead just sent me a breech notice, I could have paid it days ago if they had of called instead of going through snail mail.

**Xena**

I totally get where you are coming from. I nap every day! Reflux, aches and pains and struggling to roll over mean little sleep at night.

I also don't drive so walking the kids to school and back every day is taking its toll.

20 more days for me. Cannot wait. So very over it all!

• Like 2

bubba boo

I hear you, I'm nearly 32 weeks and am homeschooling with kids aged 10,6,4 and 17 months, 3 of the kids have special needs. Juggling everything is tough and real estate agents suck ( im a renter too lol).

Edited by bubba boo

Chaotic Pogo

Hang in there FMM, it was just baby brain. Sending a breech notice was overkill though, they could at least send a polite reminder text on the second day or something before doing that. Can u schedule a coupled of auto pays to carry u through newborn land?

I don't envy you ladies who already have 3, I just realised we are in the large families forum, I dropped in from We are discussing. I'm lucky that DD is only 22 months, still in nappies, just had to buy a new size of nappies and in business there. Still getting car seats sorted but becomes DHs problem if I don't, I won't be driving for 6 weeks CS lol.

TM we've been sick and coughing for months too and it is a pita. I hope u are up north and not down south! No heater is more than a pita.

And I feel like crying every time I get in the car alone. Maybe that's the only place I get to be alone? I mean, forget the shower!

Tomorrow is a seminar, 9-5 and I will know 3/4 of the people. I am going to put my legs up on another chair and tell them to bring me biscuits all day. So sick of being on crutches. And I will be a write off after sitting up all day.

27 days to go!

DH comes to me half an hour after getting home and chasing kids, says 'kids are so exhausting'. That's news?

Shouldn't complain he's doing heaps.

Dungbeetle

I know how you feel. I'm expecting no.6 and have never been so exhausted in my life. I was hoping it would improve in 2nd trimester but no, 30 weeks and worse than ever!

• Like 1

Chaotic Pogo

Back for my whinge date ladies.

Thought I'd fall off my chair by the end of the seminar but people were very nice to me and brought drinks and biscuits. I even asked sensible questions!

Ate dinner in bed. Resettled DD half an hour ago so awake again. Now to have a chocolate hunt.

Nofliesonme

I don't know how many kids you have but I'm feeling your pain. I have 5 here at present and I'm 38 weeks pregnant and my hospital just rang and wants to put my c section back 5 days and I just balled my eyes out. I physically am struggling with the logistics of everything and I don't want to have bub in uterine for half the damn school holidays with all kids home when I can barely walk from spd.

Oh and tired is just ridiculous.

Edited by Nofliesonme

The Awesome One

I have 3 spawn and am baking the 4th lol.

I saw the surgeon at the hospital yesterday, left and cried in the car, came home and cried again. Baby is head down which is good (I guess, I'm still freaking about a VBAC), but her bedside manner was awful, she decided it would be a good idea to point out that I'm fat when measuring my fundal height to the dr she is training, even grabbed my side and said "see this isn't baby this is fat", she wasn't saying it to be nasty, she was just simply oblivious. Usually I'm on the ball with that sort of thing and would stand up for myself, but I was just so shocked, I've never had anyone speak about me like that, not to mention how emotional I friggin am right now, I will be asking my OB that if I have to go back that I see someone else, I do NOT want to see her again. I know I'm fat, I own a mirror, but it was just awful.

Can I just go to sleep now and wake up once baby is born, that would be nice.

**Xena**

Omg Fmm I would have cried too. So.unnecessary! Surely she could have said it after you left if it needed to be said at all! Who the hell does that!!!

Chaotic Pogo

FMM that's hard when it happens. As you said, they don't say it to be mean or to be personal, they're just in this oblivious clinical mode telling things to a student without thinking. The shame is they're teaching the same attitude to the student! I wouldn't want to see her again either.

No fliesonme, that's just awful. Were you too shocked to protest? If they are just 'busy', ring up, protest and make 'em bump someone else! I totally understand the physically struggling thing, I'm on crutches, but I'm at 35w not 38. Do they know you've got 5 others at home?!

I'm just a drop in from we are discussing, expecting my third. But everyone is so friendly I'm staying around :)

most people I know have stopped at 2, so they think 3 is a big family lol. DH and I used to talk about having 5, but we started WAY too late to do it, and my body isn't coping with this pregnancy so sadly will be our last.

Today's whinge. The chocolate hunt was unsuccessful. Since I neglected to do anything about it today, tonight's hunt is also going to fail :(

Still crying in the car after every kinder drop off and we were almost a hour late for DS ultrasound today so crying on the way. Every little thing. And I'm getting so far behind at work, don't know what I'll do.

Tequila Mockingbird, you still around? Or has bub arrived?

• Like 1

MyPrincess

Yes me too, I'm soooo exhausted and tired...I'm pregnant with number 4 but I'm only just 13 weeks pregnant! I feel I've got such a long way to go and feel there is no end in sight :( I've had terrible morning sickness that is still sticking around and now on top of it, I've got a cold :( I don't think it's possible that I could get anymore sleep, yet I'm still so tired.

FMM, that's dreadful what the Dr said. They really must learn etiquette around patients. I like your idea of going to sleep now and waking up once baby is born, I really wish I could!