tiki1122

Ideas for Playgroup?

tiki1122

I've taken over a playgroup and numbers are dismal! I need ideas on what to do or we run the risk of closing.

What do you look for in a playgroup? What are some awesome things that were done ay playgroups you go to?

Thanks!

Bearynice

It was at a good time of the day. Kids got a good morning tea. Cheap to attend.

Lots of toys/craft for kids

Hot coffee for mums!

zack89

If you want to make a play ground for children. So you should contact a constructor. He can explain briefly.

Guest Grateful_Mum

I've taken over a playgroup and numbers are dismal! I need ideas on what to do or we run the risk of closing.

What do you look for in a playgroup? What are some awesome things that were done ay playgroups you go to?

Thanks!

I have tried lots of different playgroups, no two are the same which is good.

Some people like a really really structured organised playgroup.

Where you come in start the day off by free play inside, craft, fruit/ morning tea time and then outside play.

There is a roster which everyone must take turns on one for an craft activity another for kid morning tea and another for parents morning tea.

It sound great in theory but what happens is kids get sick so as a playgroup leader you get emails at 10pm the night before saying sorry we can't make it tomorrow, I was rostered on to do kids food etc and then you have to sort it out at the last minute.

There also isn't a lot of talking or chit chat, it's focussed on the kids.

There is also a cleaning roster where you have to clean toilets etc

Some people love it, I found it too stressful.

I love my playgroup at the moment, the craft co-ordinator organises a craft and it's optional - the kids don't have to do it. Everyone brings a piece of fruit per child and if you feel like bringing something for parents morning tea do, if you don't that ok too. None of us will starve between breakfast and lunch.

There is no roster for cleaning & chores we all know what needs to be done and pitch in to chop up fruit, get water, clean up, pack away etc.

So for me I am looking for a very relaxed playground where I can come and my kids can play and I can chat to the other mums. If my kids want to do craft they can, if they want to play outside with their friends that's ok too.