Sign in to follow this  
The Awesome One

your routine

The Awesome One

For those who do the school run with a baby/newborn I'm just wondering how much time you allow yourselves in the morning to get ready? At the moment I give myself just under an hour, obviously that will have to change. Do you still feed bub before leaving even if you've had to wake them to go and they aren't currently showing hunger signs?

• Like 1

FuzzyChocolateToes

I would usually be up at 7:00. I'd feed the baby then get breakfast for myself and the other kids. My babies have all been quick to bf which helps. We need to be out the door by 8:45 latest. For a long time I could only manage a morning shower every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes I would have one when the baby had her nap.

The Awesome One

right now I need to be out the door by 8:20, DS2 goes to a different school so I have to do 2 drop offs, I'm not too fussed on a morning shower as long as I haven't been puked on lol, just don't want my kids to be late either lol.

FuzzyChocolateToes

Can they all get their own uniform out and dress independently? If so that will help a great deal. My 7yo could but I had to dress the 3yo and the 9yo needed lots of prompts (ADHD). Though I would occasionally put my 3yo in the car in his jammies if it wasn't a kinder day.

The Awesome One

Yeah they get themselves breakfast before I get up and dress while I have something to eat, the only thing I tend to do is DDs hair and make their lunch (they pack it all, I just make the sandwiches), oh and nag to hurry up lol.

podg

I would sometimes just get the baby up when we were leaving, overnight nappy and all, when he was newborn. With the fourth newborn I had one at school, one kindy and an under-two so I was dressing etc all of them. Nowadays the major challenge is getting what they need for the day... Library bags, musical instruments, swimming gear, hat etc. it's a good plan to have all the bags for those things ready before the week starts. I do lunches in the morning. But my kids get up early (0530) so there's a bit of time.

*maddierose*

When I did the school run plus had a newborn we had to be at school by 8:30. I found the baby had woken and fed for the day by then and was ready for a nap when we got home. If Bub was still sleeping I just had to get him out of bed and go. My others were older though so I only had to drop off not actually go into school except for preschool days for then 2 year old.

I'm hoping to get into a similar routine this time.

The Awesome One

I still have to go in for DS2 and then get my other two to their school and take DD in (though I occasionally have DS1 take her in if it isn't going to make him late to his own class).

JaneMummy

Up at 6 and out to door to be at work at 9am. This would involve feeding the baby, express, get ready, make lunches and get the other three kids up ready and out the door to school.

The most time consuming was expressing (30 minutes) and making lunches (30 minutes).

Natttmumm

I used to do the school run for my kindy child with a 3 yr old (preschool run too) and a newborn. I used to pack it all the night before and get up at 630 to have a quick shower before DH left for work. I fed the baby 20 mins before we left even if he was asleep and then we would head out. I used to then usually go on to the shops for whatever i needed to do. I aimed for a decent baby sleep at midday as the mornings and arvos were catnaps.