Shaynavyre

Ready Set Go: Graduates! Chat Thread #1

mrsJacko

wow trying why on earth would they tell you it sounds like a miscarriage! that was a very unprofessional nurse/dr.

I am glad you have a healthy little bub growing :)

thanks trying and JoF, im not giving up yet, I hope to have a strong little HB on Tuesday :)

• Like 2

Jo.F

Trying - I didn't see your post before sorry.

What an ordeal! So glad things are ok though and the little one is still going strong.

Maybe there was a cyst or something in there and that's where the blood came from? Hopefully it doesn't happen again and you can relax :) x

trying again

It is definitely a roller coster ride isn't it mrsJ. :)

All good Jo :)

I had to go back to hospital yesterday as I had a heap of bleeding and I passed 5 clots and they seem positive this time that I have miscarried. We are trying to be positive but also preparing for the worst. As I live in the middle of BF no where I can't get an ultrasound or bloods until maybe Monday if the ultrasound lady is back otherwise I wait until she is back.

I would like to thank you all for the support you have given me on the journey that I have been on but I will be going away from this forum for a little bit as I am quite emotional at the moment and probably not handling things as well as I should.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you all xo

Edited by tryingreallyhard
  • Like 1

mrsJacko

its not over til its over tryingreally hard, after my big bleed and 2 clots last thursday I still had a heartbeat at that time.

I will have another scan tomorrow to see if I miscarried but I am still hopeful.

just incase you log in and see this, good luck xx

• Like 2

Jo.F

good luck MrsJ. I have everything crossed for you xx

EmbryoAgogo

I am so sorry to hear this trying and mrsj- I am thinking of you both and hope you had good news today xxxxxx

mrsJacko

I have a fighter! I had my scan this morning and I have a strong little heartbeat, although I am not 7w1d like I should be.

I'm measuring 6 weeks 3 days so very early but all is looking good, apart from my bleeding.

we don't know why I am bleeding after sex or exercise so I have to be really careful

I am now due 20th Feb.

I have another scan in two weeks.

• Like 2

mrsJacko

hmm so now I am confused if i should change my current date and my EDD or not.

do I go by measurement or do i go by conception?

because with IVF there is no guessing work I know exactly what date my egg fertilized.

by meaurement i am 6w4d and EDD 20/2/15

by conception i am EDD 7w2d 15/2/15

EmbryoAgogo

Woohoo MrsJ!! I have no idea re EDD - seems strange to change it as like you say, you know the conception dates, but then each 'gestation' period is different for every woman anyway, so if it makes it easier for them to track you then I guess go with the new date! My friend had bleeding throughout her pregnancy and gave birth to a gorgeous, healthy, 3.5kg little girl who is full of personality already- it seems so common, if not completely scary when you're going through it. So happy for your good news xxxx

Jo.F

That's such great news MrsJ! When you have your 12w scan (11 or 12 in your case) they'll be able to measure it and hopefully give you a due date you can stick to. It is normally very straight forward with ivf because it's so controlled but maybe this little one is just taking it's time to grow :)

Emby - good to hear from you. How are you going?

• Like 1

Shaynavyre

MrsJ - I just wanted to pop in and say its pretty common for IVF babies to be measuring behind in erly scans, but they catch up by the 12 week mark. I think 5 days behind is the safe happy period. And unlike non ART babies - there are no correlations between measuring small and adverse outcomes.

• Like 2

Gee gee

Hi Ladies,

It is so great to read about your pregnancies progressing. I hope I am able to add my story to the mix.

By way of background, my husband and I are both 37. We have a nearly 4 year old son who was conceived naturally. I had one miscarriage before he was conceived. We started TTC#2 when he was about 2 and had a miscarriage after 9 months of trying, followed immediately by a chemical pregnancy. When a year had passed we did some tests and decided to pursue IVF.

Our IVF journey has not been a great one. We did 6 cycles as follows:

Cycle 1: 6 embies, 1 blast transferred - BFN

Cycle 2: 3 embies, 1 8 cell 3day transferred - BFN

Cycle 3: 5 embies - 1 6 cell 3 day transferred - BFN.

By this stage, it was clear we had egg quality issues as none of our embies were making it to blast. I think our FS was not hopeful at this point. We decided for future cycles to let everything grow to 5 day and only transfer blasts.

Cycle 4: 5 embies - nothing to transfer.

Cycle 5: 5 embies - nothing to transfer.

We changed FS, he decided to put me on a much lower dose of drugs and to do IVF instead of ICSI.

Cycle 6: 4 embies, 2 made it to blast. Transfered 1 and had a positive bloodtest of 330 HCG on the weekend.

Of course, now we have gotten this far, I am starting to get worried about miscarrying again. But there is nothing we can do, we just have to hold out for our 7 week scan in a couple of weeks. Its going to be a loooong wait!

Edited by Gee gee
  • Like 2

mrsJacko

Congrats on getting here Gee Gee, wow I guess the eggs couldnt handle the icsi?

I havent heard of there being a lower success rate from ICSI to IVF with egg quality issues but seems so.

I am glad you have had some success. We all get worried about MC and every little thing, I think that happens when you do IVF because we just have SO much information and so many tests etc that we can over analyse every little thing.

Do you know your EDD?

welcome and good luck with your scan :)

Gee gee

Thanks mrsJacko. I have been following your progress, I'm so glad that your little fighter has snuggled in there.

I think it was a combination of high drugs and ICSI which was damaging my eggs. I wish they had of realised that before 5 cycles has passed!

All going well, my EDD will be about 13 March I think.

Edited by Gee gee

mrsJacko

let us know when you have your scan :)

Jo.F

Hi GeeGee :) I was so excited to see you finally get your BFP! FX this one sticks. The wait til your first scan is worse than the 2ww in my opinion so I hope it goes quickly for you! Let us know how you go.

• Like 1

Shaynavyre

I've been away for a while but I thought I'd pop my head in to say a huge congrats to Gee Gee!

Hope your scan goes well!

• Like 1

mrsJacko

Hey Ladies, How many of us IVFers were measuring behind? if so by how much and did you catch up?

Jo.F

Hey MrsJ

I never measured behind so unfortunately I don't have any useful info for you but babies seem to do it all the time and then catch up later. Maybe it is just a slower developing embryo and will have a growth spurt later? When is your next scan?

mrsJacko

I am thinking ,maybe all the bleeding I had made it grow a bit slower....

my next scan is next Friday :) it will be my 6th lol

• Like 1

rosie28

So this is my first cycle TTC naturally. I wasn't going to symptom spot, I wasn't going to worry, or even be very interested. That's gone badly! I'm anywhere from 4-8dpo and I will definitely be insane shortly...I have dull crampy feelings which I never normally have at this stage (or any stage really). What's to bet I'm going crazy and it's all in my head!

Jo.F

I am thinking ,maybe all the bleeding I had made it grow a bit slower....

my next scan is next Friday :) it will be my 6th lol

Lol, I'd had 4 by the time i got to 12 weeks and I thought that was a lot. It'd be reassuring to keep seeing it on the screen though. I can't wait until you've got to the 12w mark and all is ok :)

Rosie - it's so hard not to over analyse it all huh. Especially when you know what a successful one feels like so you try to spot all the differences! I have everything crossed for you :)

mrsJacko

Friday seems so far away!

I get my NIPT bloods done Friday too, I can't wait :)

Jo.F

oh I bet it does! Even with a "normal" ivf pregnancy the wait from that first scan to the 12w scan is soo hard. To me it was way worse than the 2ww!

mrsJacko

Hi Ladies

You might all be more clued in than I was but in case any of you didn’t know you can claim out of pocket medical expenses like IVF on tax!

For family income over 180,000 you can claim 10% over $5233, for income under $180,000 you can claim 20% over $2218.