Shaynavyre

Ready Set Go: Graduates! Chat Thread #1

soul11

I'll come back and do a better reply shortly but just had a question to ask as its weighing in my mind.. Did you or will you do the tests for Down syndrome? Also I know I shouldnt be reading especially in Google and stuff but anyone else do ICSI and worry about birth defects?

I'm not meaning to sound horrible by asking these questions but obviously after all we have been through it is just another worry to the list..

Edited by soul11
  • Like 3

Jo.F

We had the test and we had discussed what we would do if the results were bad.

We had ICSI and I'm also 39 so I was a high risk for a negative result but this little one is perfect I think there have been a lot of studies into the risks of babies conceived with IVF but from memory the increased risk is pretty small. There are so many different things that can cause defects in babies that have nothing to do with the IVF process so as hard as it is, try not to stress about it until you have to :)

Vanilla_bean

Will repost my story if/when I get to be a permanent part of this group. Xx

Edited by Vanilla_bean

Hope28

Soul - we are doing the test. We are low risk but would like to know.

Vanillabean - welcome! How wonderful, I am sending you lots of sticky bub vibes.

Dani_R

Hi Soul11 - I tried posting earlier today and the computer crashed!! I'm a new poster, have been reading threads but not actively posting. DH and I went through IVF with ICSI and I'm currently 13 weeks pregnant. I completely understand where you are coming from, needing extra intervention to make this baby makes you wonder about additional risks. My DH had zero morphology on his SA (and hence reason for ICSI) so that also made me worried about how they found a good enough sperm to make a 'normal' baby!

We did the prenatal testing - I had the harmony test at 10 weeks and our results came back at the lowest risk (less than 1 in 10,000 risk) for the three chromosomal conditions including Down Syndrome, and our 12 week NT scan was also low risk. For us, the peace of mind was worth it given we're in our mid 30's and what we've been through.

Best wishes for whatever you decide.

• Like 1

Vanilla_bean

trying again

Hello everyone...I'm a bit nervous about being here. I just wanted to say hi and I will come back soon when I am a bit more confident about being here and I will let you know my story...hehe you all already know it but I will let you know anyway :)

soul11

Welcome trying! ;)

How is everyone in here tracking, im still struggling to come to terms with teh fact that i am pregnant. I have had bloods each week and they have all gone up nicely which gives me some comfort however i dont think i will feel content until i see the heartbeat next week and i guess even then i will keep waiting for the next thing and the next lol.

Thank you everyone for letting me know your thoughts and experiences about the testing, there is this new one call Genesytes or something which test the free fluid in your bloods so i think we will do that along with the normal 12 week NT scan the Genesytes one apparently has 98% accuracy so we will see how that goes along with the other one.

Im still feeling a little lost i dont really know what to do with myself. ive been feeling sick all day but no vomiting however i kind of feel like it is settling down yesterday and today maybe cause the hcg hormones increases at a less rapid pase once you reach 7 weeks i dont know. My belly feels really firm as do my boobs but other than being tired and alittle quizy i dont really feel anything else... is that normal? i dont know what i think i should feel i guess im just looking for stuff so i can believe im pregnant, like being tired and nausious isnt enough!! i guess i felt like this through my IVF cycle so its not really new lol..

would love to hear how everyone else is tracking? x

• Like 2

Jo.F

Vanilla bean - I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you had your blood test yet?

Trying - so good to see you in here :) Have you had another blood test to check your HCG levels? FX it's all going along nicely.

Soul - how far along are you now? I found it really hard to know what to do with myself in those weeks between the viability scan and our OB appt. I was analysing every little thing that happened to me to make sure it was still in there but in reality we're all different so there isn't really a "normal" way for things to happen I guess. Some women throw up daily, some don't get any sickness at all. I got all day queasiness and I still have that now which sucks. But I've never thrown up which I'm grateful for.

I'm 25½ weeks now and I think this "2nd trimester bliss" that people refer too is a total LIE lol. I am still dead tired, still feel seedy and have no energy but this is meant to be the time we feel our best! I think I've missed out now because the 3rd trimester starts at 28 weeks so if I'm lucky I'll get 2½ weeks of feeling good before it all goes down hill again haha.

I'm getting lots of movement now which is really cool, but then I panic when I haven't felt it for a while haha. I don't think any of us will ever truly relax until it's born safe and healthy :)

How is everyone else going?

Embie? How's things with you?

Hope - how far a long are you now?

And Wolf - I reckon you would have had your little one by now? I hope it all went well and I can't wait to hear how you are doing :)

• Like 2

trying again

Hey Jo.F I had my first blood test on day 11 and it my hCG was 19. My second blood test was on day 14 and my hCG was 96. I have read the charts and everything and I know it is looking fine but I am scared. I am just really, really scared. I think I am working myself up into being a complete mess. I promise I am trying to remain calm but it is not working to well at the moment. :( I think maybe I am still in a little shock. I have no idea how many sticks I have pee'd on but seriously I know it says positive but I am still scared. Ok I will stop saying now. I will! :)

• Like 1

Jo.F

Trying - It's hard to be positive huh. 96 is a good number for day 14. Mine was lower than that and it still worked out fine for me but it did take a loooong time before I would accept it.

haha, repeat after me:

"I will stop stressing about it and think positive"

:D

easier said than done though hey ;)

xx

• Like 1

Primadonna girl

Hi girls,

I have been staying away from this thread until I actually believe I'm pregnant. Just like Trying I'm really scared it won't work out and I didn't want to write on here until I heard the heartbeat.

Yesterday I went for a 7 wk ultrasound and the heartbeat is between 120 - 130 bpm. My FS looked very concerned and grim and told me it was lower than he would like, it should be around 150. So now I'm really freaking out! I have another ultrasound on Mon to see if it increases but now I'm a mess of nerves.

I've looked online and anything over 120 is considered normal but his face told me to prepare for the worst. I just feel that the suffering is never ending and even now that I am pregnant I have to hold my breath.

Hope you're all doing better than me! xx

trying again

Thanks JoF, I have started to listen to your advice hehehe :) I think I have turned over a leaf of some kind :clap:

Prima - Everyone has been telling me to stay calm and not to stress too much and I am afraid I am going to say the same to you. I have noticed with my Fertility Clinic that one person will say one thing and another will say something else. I spose what I am trying to say is, as of this morning, I have made a decision to look at everything from the middle. If one person gets your hopes up and then the next gets them down look from the middle...maybe it might. Now I am no where near my 7 week check yet...I am still 3 weeks away but when we get there we still have to wait to the 16 week check before we can even start to breath a sigh of relief. We need to get all of those scans done and once they come back clear we might start to believe that it is real. If it is not then we have spoken about it and we will start from the beginning again :( it is not a fun thought but I have no idea how to get through this without thinking through all of this as rationally as I can.

But that is just my two cents worth. Please believe me when I say I think I can understand where you are coming from. If you ever need to chat let us know :)

I am thinking of you all xoxo

Wolf87

Hi!

Glad to see lots of successes happening in here!

My little girl was born on the 18th May, she's gorgeous. Its hard but worth it!

It's highly likely she'll be an only child, since the 1st IVF yielded 0 fertilisation, and we only got one lucky embryo out of the 2nd cycle, and I don't think we could afford anymore rounds considering our chance of getting another one fertilised, not when we've got a child to support. Not that I mind, the whole time going through infertility my thoughts were 'Just one! Just let me have one child!'

As for those not quite believing they are pregnant, everyone is different but I didn't believe it until I was holding her in my arms!

I never really relaxed, even after each scan, even when I could feel her kicking. I also had gestational diabetes which made me worry more. But I have terrible anxiety, hopefully you guys are better at relaxing than I was!

You're speeding along Jo! Do you know what you're having or is it a surprise?

PS I had no first tri pregnancy symptoms except tiredness xx

• Like 3

Jo.F

Aww Wolf! Congratulations! I've been dying to know how you were going. I'm so happy for you xx

We never wanted an only child but I'm like you, with all that we've gone through for this one I'm not sure that I can go through it all again let alone have the money to spend but I've still got time to think about that I guess.

You're right, you never really relax. Each time you go for a scan you worry, then you wait for the kicking to start, then you worry that it's not kicking enough etc. I'm less stressed about it than I was a month or so ago but I still won't truly relax until it's born.

I've got my GD test in a couple of weeks. I'm worried about it. I don't eat meat, chicken or fish so my diet is carbs, carbs and more carbs and I've been eating a lot of sweet things to help with the queasiness.

We don't know what we're having but I'm already starting to go nuts with curiosity haha. Just under 14 weeks to go! It still seems like a long time but I know it will go fast.

Trying - I hope you're relaxing a bit more. it is hard and you never truly relax I don't think but you do learn to not stress over it so much :)

Prima - I know it's all been said but try not to get too stressed about things. At our 6.5w scan the heart rate was 119 and no-one said anything about that not being high enough. Like Trying said they all say different things. You could speak to 5 different people from the same clinic and get 5 different answers. As long as it's little heart is beating away it's all good :)

Hope everyone is going well xx

Hope28

Welcome tryingreallyhard! Fingers crossed for you, hope you are going well.

I'm so sorry vanilla_bean.

Soul - I still feel that way at 13 weeks! It is so hard sometimes to believe it, even after having three ultrasounds and seeing/hearing that beautiful heartbeat. I think first trimester symptoms vary for everyone! I've had a lot of fatigue, felt queasy a lot (although thankfully that's easing up a little now ... but is making me worry that something's wrong ... can't win!), but never threw up. Hope you are going OK.

Jo.F - that sucks that you still have the symptoms :( I have my fingers crossed for you that you'll be the exception and have a breezy third trimester!

Welcome Primadonna girl! How did your second ultrasound go?

Congratulations Wolf87! That's fantastic!

AFM - I have been wiped out by the first trimester, starting to emerge from the haze a little now. 13 weeks this week. We had our 12 NT scan last week, bub looked beautiful and healthy. I don't think I'll be relaxed until we're actually holding bub though.

hugs to everyone in this thread!

soul11

Congratulations Wolf! such beautiful news to pop on here and see.

I had my 8 week scan on Tuesday and there is one little baby and the heart beat was 156bpm - even after seeing it while i believe it a little more it doesnt make me rest any easier if anything its prob made it worse cause i feel so much closer now then ever before so im more and mroe scared something might happen. Anyway i try not to think about it but i think i will constantly hold out for the next scan lol..

My MS started to ease a little today so thats worried me a little, like ive been a bit tired and a little nauseous but nothing like the other days. I have read that you can have good an bad days but i guess today i had a few weird cramps too so im just over thinking.. i am positive about it all just being a worried mother i guess lol..

hugs to all hope you are all enjoying whatever stage you are up to.. xx

trying again

Awesome news Wolf :) congratulations. A little girl to spoil :)

I deleted the rest of my message cause I am just being paranoid and it is doing my head in :) it's all good. Scan on Friday...woo hoo can't wait :)

Hope everyone is doing well xo

Edited by tryingreallyhard

Jo.F

Soul - it's a great feeling seeing and hearing that little heart beat huh :D Don't worry too much about the MS settling down. I've learnt from people in my DIG that it does that a lot. Mine settled down at about 15 weeks then came back really bad at 18 weeks. It's pretty much gone now but I still feel seedy when I get over tired or haven't eaten. The cramps seem to be from things inside stretching to make room for bubs. It's all so new and it's super hard not to panic but there seems to be so many random niggly pains and side effects that we get!

Hope - great news on the 12w scan! That's such a nerve racking time. It's such a relief to know everything's going well x

Trying - is your scan next Friday as in the 12th or the one just gone? Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Hope everyone is going well x

trying again

Hey Jo.F Scan is this Friday 12th...cant wait :) I will let you know how it goes for sure :)

Jo.F

2 more sleeps! How exciting. I can't wait to hear how it goes :D

• Like 1

mrsJacko

Hi Ladies, I'm here!

I cannot believe I am here and I am not totally out of the woods yet!

As of today I am 4wks4d pregnant and due on the 15/2/16

I have had a scary ride, at 5DP5DT I started cramping. at 7DP5DT I had a bleed. at 8DP5DT I started bleeding heavy and having cramps, I thought it was over.

I went to my clicni on 9DP5DT for an ear;y beta, the nurse told me that because it was only 42 it means I was pregnant and because of my bleeding I have miscarried.

I had another beta at 11DP5DT to make sure my HCG decreased, but it didn't! it was 99.

I was told again that because I am still bleeding heavy I am likely miscarrying and to recheck in two days.

That is today! my bleeding has almost stopped completely and my HCG was 196! it is doubling every 48 hours like it should.

my Progesterone was only 17 on wednesday though so if todays number is under 20 my FS wants to know immedaitely, I dont know what will happen after that.

I don't know why I am bleeding, maybe I am one of those rare people who still get a period?

I think it it was ectopic I would have more isolated pain not just general cramps?

I have my next beta next tuesday.

Should I be scared? or can I just enjoy it?

• Like 2

Ash2375

I would try to be cautiously optimistic MrsJ. I know you've had such a roller coaster ride and mine by comparison has been smooth sailing but I'm still a bit nervous about getting too excited. I think I'll only relax and let myself get properly excited when I see my bubba wriggling around on the 12 week scan... Baby steps until then waiting for each reassuring sign along the way.

trying again

Well it is now official :)

We have a heartbeat and he/she is a strong little one :)

Woooo hooooooo we are pregnant!!! :) :) :)

• Like 4

RedWhite

Hi everyone. I recognise a few of you from the May 2ww. I was first in the rsg bg 3 years ago when we conceived my ds with IVF in 2012.

I'm at 6w + 3d with #2 (natural fet) and feeling absolutely awful. So nauseas all day. Had a job interview this morning and did so badly. Then cried and cried. It was so unlike me- I e never cried at work before.

Im sure MS didn't hit until about 8 weeks last time. I don't know how I'm going to work and look after my toddler.

Awesome news Trying! How wonderful to have that news today.

MrsJ- I understand your anguish. I thought we were out in our 2ww- cramping and bleeding. But then we got Hcg, and it kept doubling. Our fs was totally underwhelmed and cautious. But I had another beta today- 46000! Prog 90. Scan is next week. I hope that bleeding stays away and you've got a nice sticky in there