~A2~

Welcome to the March 2015 Parents Group

jorjarenee

Still haven't seen the nurse! She was suppose to call me but didn't, and I got no answer when I tried calling 750 times. My mission for Monday is to track her down!

We are up having a little feed, accidently went to bed too late and had an extremely overtired baby.

Whoops.

Hope everyone is having a good nights rest xx

lelula

Not a lot of improvement here. Seeing paed in 2 weeks. GP, nurse and chiro all have mentioned cows milk protein intolerance so we've switched to special formula, next step prescription formula. Increased reflux meds. Just waiting to see if something works. Both still gaining weight well at least, just wish they could be happy and well.

I'm exhausted.

jorjarenee

Hope you find something that works soon! Can't imagine how you're feeling :(

lelula

Off to the hospital again after a really bad 24 hours. I just want to curl up and cry

Riotproof

Love to you, Lozzy.

We had a rotten night too, though nothing on yours I'm sure. Waking every 1.5 hours, no discernible reason, completely lost my temper.

Fortunately, DS loves to sleep in, and came in with me, then he toddled downstairs to make his own breakfast and eventually harassed me up about 10.

She's back asleep now. And I always thought that people who talked about resettling were bonkers, but when she's not p*ssy yet, it does work. She also does this thing where she wakes up smiling, so you might not know she's awake when she is. Freaks me the hell out. When DS was awake, oh boy, did you and the rest of the street know.

lelula

Thanks Riotproof xx

jorjarenee

How are things now lozzy & riot proof? Hope yous have both had a bit of sleep.

I'm guessing you had no luck selling them on eBay? Lol

Makes me really appreciate this little girl that I was blessed with who you couldn't wake at night with a fog horn!!

becisago

Thinking of you Lozzylots! One without reflux is tough, I can only imagine how difficult it must be! Hope u are feeling better and see happier boys soon!

lelula

Thank you. The boys have gotten worse but after an awful experience at the hospital ED, we've finally received some wonderful care from a lovely paediatrician who has diagnosed and is treating them for milk intolerance and severe reflux. So I can face the world again at the moment!!

• Like 1

jorjarenee
  • Like 1

lelula

Just had to share, the boys slept 2x4hr blocks and another 2.5 hrs after that last night - best night we've had in 2 months! Thought I'd share here instead of boring everyone IRL ;) I'm just so excited, even if it's only a one-off it means that for one night, they were more tired than in pain. That in itself is such an improvement. Very happy today! And even though they're still pretty miserable a lot of the time, we are getting so many more smiles and coos in between. They have amazing smiles :) :)

Enjoy your new car jorja, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Has Tabitha settled back down Riotproof? Hope her rotten sleep was short lived!

• Like 2

jorjarenee

Yay lozzzy!! That's amazing. You would be feeling great today.

The little smiles are priceless.

• Like 2

Riotproof

Oh hello lozzy! I was just thinking about you.

Yes, we're actually pretty lucky sleepwise so far. Though I know it will change.

Still sleeping through. Though last night she was a pain to get down, up and down like a yoyo.

I also don't have an issue bringing her in with me to feed and drop off once I'm in bed. It is one of the breastfeeding perks, IMO.

Eta sleeping through as in the 5 hour definition. She has been going down at 9 or 10 and waking at 4 or 5.

Though last night I was so tired, I don't know what time it was.

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 1

lelula

12 weeks today! I can't believe how fast it has flown by! Continuing to see improvements, just a little bit each day. Such a relief, I feel like a weight is off my shoulders. I know we have a way to go but it's better for now and that's what I'm focussing on. I am seeing two beautiful, sweet little boys shine through the pain and it makes my heart sing. One happy mumma here :)

• Like 1

Riotproof

That's wonderful news!

We are getting more smiles, and more awake time.

I'm realising that miss T is very routine focused. Makes a change for me. Luckily, she's also pretty adaptable. And thank God, she's stopped hating the car.

MrsPuddleduck

What kind of routine does your baby follow? Particularly interested in bedtime - what time to sleep, when do they wake up, etc.

Riotproof

I really go with her flow, mrs puddle duck.

She starts getting ready for sleep after about 1.5 hours awake, but if she's tired earlier we do that too.

I find she feeds quite a lot in the early evening, but she's also sleeping pretty big stretches. Often she's not down for the night until about 10, and then she might wake at 3 or 4 or 5.

lelula

I think routines depend very much on what works for your family. My DD wasn't a schedule baby and we weren't schedule parents, but we were told babies 'need' routine so we tried. It was a spectacular failure so we went back to following her lead pretty quickly, bed whenever we went to bed, etc and she eventually found her own routine, although she has always been very flexible. With the boys we are finding it necessary to at least instil a night time routine that suits us and that they have been able to adapt to, otherwise DD gets no one-on-one time with us. So they go to bed about an hour before her - around 6:30. We found that her bedtime was too rushed if the boys were still up. They dictate feeds overnight, at the moment about midnight and 4am, and get up time (currently all over the place due to having been so unwell but don't think there's a lot you can do about that at this age anyway). We have a loose schedule for day feeds too, so roughly every 3 hours (if they're clearly hungry at 2.5 I'll feed again, if they're both sleeping I sure as heck don't wake them!) - it felt so unnatural and a bit mean scheduling feeds at first but I'm glad we did it, and because we're not overly strict it took less than a day for them to get used to it. Beyond that we go with the flow, I know a lot parents swear by sleep-eat-play but it never really worked for us due to feeding issues and catnaps.

Hope that helps, how is your baby doing?

jorjarenee

Hi girls! So excited to see replies in here.. Miss talking to everyone.

Miss marni finally had her check up today, she's grown 5 cm since her last check 7 weeks ago, she's now weighing 5 kg so she's put on a bit over a kg.. Nurse was very happy with her progress so all is good!

With marnis sleeping/routine it goes a bit like this, this all depends on her but on average this is what happens, I'll start from when she wakes fully in the morning..

10am- fed in bed, have a cuddle and a chat, get up and get dressed, have a 5 minute play on her play mat then back to bed around 11.

12pm- she wakes up, has a play on her play mat while I finish doing the jobs I was doing when she was asleep. Feed, we might read a book or something to give her time to dirty her nappy, bum change, back to bed around 1-1:30.

2:30-3pm she wakes again, I normally head into town around this time and get jobs done so we have a feed and bum change and she's set for the trip in.

Between 3-5 we just do whatever, we're normally out and about so she sleeps in the car or her pram and I feed her and change her when I can!

6pm- we are normally home, I aim to have her fed and in bed by 7 so that I can have tea cooked in time to watch home and away lol

8pm- she wakes and has a bath, feed, reads a book and back to bed. (This is when I shower, tidy up etc)

9:30-10pm she wakes and we head to bed, she cluster feeds for an hour or 2 and is normally sound asleep by around 11.

3am is when she normally wakes for a little feed, straight back to sleep.

Wakes again at 6:30ish, feeds back to sleep.

Then awake at 10am.

And it starts all over again :)

Hope that's a good description of a day in our life! Haha

Edited by jorjarenee
  • Like 1

lelula

Well the whole family has come down with colds/bronchiolitis :( I hate winter. Plus DD was well over a year before she caught her first cold so I'm really sad for my poor sick bubbas, they were doing so well and they're so little. That's what you get with a house full of kids I guess!

Otherwise things have continued to go well up until they got sick, saw paed again today and she's happy to review them when they're ready to start solids in a couple of months (whhaaat??? When did that happen? I can't believe they're 3 months!!) Will trial weaning off their reflux meds in about 6 weeks but she's not fussed if we just keep them on it longer if we're happy with how they're doing.

How is everyone else going? It's freeeezing here and 3 days in to winter I'm hanging out for spring. Feeling cooped up with sick miserable kids. Blurgh :(

jorjarenee

Hi lozzy! Sorry that you guys are sick!

I have just gotten over a cold, thank god I only got it for a couple of days. I've always had a super duper good immune system, (touch wood) I get sick maybe once a year so hoping that's me done for the year!!

Marni is going through a phase at the minute, she's miserable.

I got my new car so have been going in and out of town for the past week (I had to drive it, it's beautiful) and I think I stuffed up her little routine. So today we've had a day at home (she's still miserable) but we're going to have a big warm bath and then bed!

Same tomorrow.

It's freezing here too, 12 degrees. We have a split system in the lounge room so have been cuddled up in here all day! I love cold weather, perfect excuse for a cup of tea and a movie :)

lelula

Poor girl, hope she's not getting sick too :( Hopefully all those good breastfeeding antibodies are doing their job and keeping her well and it's just the change in routine that's mucked her up. Meant to ask, what car did you end up getting? We just got a new car too so get wanting to be out and about in it! Fortunately the boys love it too, and DD likes being out so win-win ;) Poor little girl is as sick of being stuck at home and bored out of her skull as I am, so might have to go for a drive tomorrow...

jorjarenee

She had a bit of a snuffle yesterday but doesn't seem to be sick other than the grumpiness!! Think the breastfeeding helped her out and fought it off as she's been back to her normal self tonight thank god!

I got a black ford territory :) enough room for my 2 dogs and I don't hit marnis head on the roof everytime I get her out like I had been! I love it. what did you guys get? Marni loves the car too so I have had a great time driving around, the novelty has definitely worn off now though lol.

My Aunty had the same problem as you, her older son was bored so they always used to go for a drive and he would say left right or straight and he got to choose the way, he loved it! Just an idea.. :)

lelula

Just had after hours doctor out, Josiah has pneumonia :( And I think Caleb isn't far behind. We caught it really early so hopefully we're on top of it and won't need a hospital stay, but I feel so devastated for my poor little chickens. What a rough start they've had :( I don't know how parents with chronically ill kids cope, when fairly standard winter viruses have knocked the stuffing out of me! Desperately need a break - haven't felt good since falling pregnant almost a year ago. Sorry for the sooks, feeling down tonight

Riotproof

Oh lozzy. I'm so sorry. Poor little darlings. Poor you.