~A2~

TTC#1 Thread #245 For those trying to conceive their first child

Mini Monkey

Gold

maybebaby17

Silver!

Mini Monkey

Hi everyone,

I am jumping back in here. Sorry for all the comings and going I have missed.

Sorry to hear you have had to come back MrsBot. Good luck to everyone waiting to test.

After a failed BD attempt in February (by then we had hit 12 months and I must admit I was struggling to keep trying as well) and no real attempt in March I have taken a break from EB as it was just too hard. However, today is CD8 and it should be time to BD this weekend and DP has agreed to try again. I am a little nervous as we have got to this point before and then he has been too 'pressured'. It is really hard getting yourself ready to try and then not even getting an attempt in so hoping it is different this time and I am not kidding myself. I am 39 so we really need to get on it. Fingers crossed one good attempt this weekend is all it takes if he can get his head in the right space.

Hope everyone is travelling okay.

BabyGame

Bronze!

maybebaby17

Minimonkey... Its so hard sometimes isn't it. I think a break is good though. I had March off as DH was away and it was so good to not have to count the days, schedule BD, sympton spot etc. Hoping this is your month.

maybebaby17

AFM CD 4 (3rd day of clomid). So far so good. I have a scan next Monday (CD 11) for FS to hopefully see a mature follicle.

Thinking of you all.

Christmascarol

Mini Monkey welcome back I hope your not back for long. Can completely relate with the failed attempts had two last week it feels like so much pressure is on the woman like to know when to to be in the mood to get DH in the mood but be careful not to put to much pressure on (well that's how I feel)

Good luck this month xo

Happylife89

I feel like I am missing something with the gold, silver, bronze thing?!

Fx for those trying in the next few days to catch that egg! I am right there with you.... CD14 and solid smiley this morning on the OPK CD14.

Best of luck all!

Mini Monkey

Thanks maybebaby and good luck with your scan. Christmas Carol that is exactly right-DP tells me i need to tell him when the time is right but he also hates knowing.....ugh!

tashma14

2nd month of TTC and currently on CD 11! I know it's early days but starting to get annoyed with DH's laid back attitude. It was a mutual decision to TTC but feel like I want it a lot more! Sorry to moan! Having one of those days!

carly_83

Mini Monkey welcome back, I know how you feel, I had to take a break from Eb too, sometimes it just gets too much, but it's nice to know that everyone here is always there when you need it.

Tashma14, I think most of us can sympathise with DH's attitude at some point. We've been trying for a year and half and DH still relies on me to tell him exactly what to do and when to do it. It can be very frustrating.

Good luck maybebaby with your scan!

AFM, CD 22 today think I have ovulated or am just about to. Trying to stay positive as we have managed a lot of BD but it's hard to remain positive month after month.

Good luck to those testing soon!

MrsJ13

Tashma my DH was very relaxed and didn't really seem into it when we first started trying but failed month after failed month he then got on my level and is now as keen as me... I hope his reasons for getting keen aren't the same for your DH... As in the failed attempts... If you get what I mean But FX for you :) xx

Guest @MrsJ

Fx for everyone trying for this week or those whose turn it is to POAS.

Tashma this was our first month of ttc and hubs was enthusiastic about the bd lol. However not as fussed about if I get a bfp. Doesn't seem to comprehend how important this feels to me. I think they start to get it in their own time.

Mrsbot my thoughts are with you, I have been considering poas but am terrified of getting a chemical. On the other hand...holding off is soo hard! Good luck for next month xx

I am now CD30/35 & 9DPO (from digital opks) doing my best to stay busy and not poas...as explained, really worried about chemical if I poas too early. Probably just symptom spotting but crazy sore breasts!

Shanz19

Mini monkey welcome back. I hope this is your month.

Maybebavy I hope that scan shows a ripe folical.

Get BDing happylife! btw gold silver bronze means 1st 2nd 3rd to comment on a new thread... I think I have that right.

My job opposite atm.. Have just taken over managing the super department (accounting firm). But I have decided you can't put your life on hold for work.. Who knows how long it will take to TTC... DH has even floated the idea of him being stay at home Dad... Dunno how I feel about that though atm. It's my right as a female..

Tashma, I get where your coming from. Was DH idea to start TTC. But he taking the if it happens it happens which means BD happens weekends .. Weekdays is crazy... But to give it a good shot weekdays need a little loving too :D

He got made redundant last month (company went under due to mining down turn) so he not in a good head space ... CD 11 and I really need to get him BDing but being down in the dumps means It's not easy to get him in the mood :(

Sorry ladies just having a BIG rant!

hello to everyone else. Where is everyone up to? X

Edited by Shanz19

Hubbub

Men are funny sometimes! Dh was excited about the bfp, but didn't mind too much when it disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

He was more pleased with the fact that we can get pregnant - was trying to make me feel positive about the fact that we conceived first go. Nice thoughts, but I still feel a little inadequate and silly. Mostly because I was so obsessed that if I hadnt have gone poas crazy when I was one and two days late, that I wouldn't have had a day of wishing and hoping.

The frustration will go away soon I'm sure; and I am still looking forward to ttc, but a few twinges of sadness about the xmas baby that never was might overcome me every now and again!

maybebaby17

Happylife.. Good luck with the BDing!

Tashma14... Sorry to hear about DH's laid back attitude. Hopefully things will improve for you.

Carly... Fxd for you this month.

@MrsJ... Goodluck this month. You've done well to keep busy.

Shanz... Glad to hear work is going well but sorry to hear about DH. I agree it takes a bit more effort for weekday BDing.

blueroses

Hiya! Wow... you girls have been busy. Slowly catching up on the last couple of days...

So... am in Melbourne. :) Nice to know where everyone is from.

Mrs. Bot - I am so sorry, but like you say, good to know it has happened for you so quickly, so there's a very good chance you won't be in this group for many more moons.

MiniMonkey - hiya! I am in a similar boat with the age thing. Fx it will happen for us soon.

BadbackJo - I was reading your comment about solid smiley on D8... last month I was D6, so can definitely happen very early in your cycle. FF wouldn't even recognise it, but I get O pain, and am temping, so I was completely sure.

This month I used OPK's for ages and didn't get anything... gave up after using up the whole pack, and then finally got O pain on D12&13. Unfortunately DH had a migraine on what I think was the best night, so hoping BD following day wasn't too late... can totally relate to those of you who have DH's that aren't always in the mood at the right time. So frustrating to wait a whole month and then have to miss it.

Carly - I know, right? My hubby is clueless as to where I am in my cycle, even if I drop hints or tell him outright. It can be a little frustrating when he finally gets in the mood, and I'm already well into TWW...

Baby-dust to all.

Trace91

Mrsbot - sorry to hear about the chem :( fx you get a sticky one soon!!

Ladies our DH can be such a pain sometimes cant they. Mine still has the relaxed, it will happen when it happens approach after 8 months..can get a bit frustrating at times..

Afm just finishing up AF so about to get to the good part ;) going to give the SMEP a bit of a go this month, might be difficult get DH to bd more the once/twice a week though..he just laughs when I say we nees to do it more..

KittyDeFleur

Jumping in too. Waiting for AF to arrive (which is late) on cycle 3 of ttc. Hubby is also pretty relaxed about the whole ttc thing probably because he already has kids. I got all wound up about ttc the first three months but came to realise that dh is right and I need to chill out. After the annoyance with OPKs and testing we decided for cycle 4-6 to do the deed daily from CD10 to CD28 and then see FS again to see what next and maybe do IVF end of the year if everything fails mainly due to my constant period pain (it's terrible) which I can't do much about while ttc (no pill etc) and PCO and endo. FS reckons I shouldn't have a problem falling soon as I had an operation last year but what I don't want is nothing happens for unexplained and endo comes back and I am up for more surgery. FS reckons we would be good candidates due to high AHM and antral follicle count and hubby's superb SA results. I could have twins that way and be done with it forever. I am chicken and actually will elect c section also once the time comes. So we do have a plan and I know dh is supportive of this so until then we go with no stress lets just BD daily and see what happens :-)

KittyDeFleur

What I am trying to say is I need a plan for everything and then a back up plan and dh lets me have this so he can chill out and enjoy the daily routine of BD. Unfortunately not every adult man has the libido like this. I guess I am pretty fortunate. Hubby would be up for BD 3x a day if we wouldn't need to work...

Either way maybe it would help to set yourselves deadlines or make a plan and also plan fun adult only things to do after AF so the disappointment isn't so great if it's a bfn?

Happylife89

One night of not checking this and BAM so much to read!!!

Fx for those in the TWW or nearing the end of it!!

I can relate on the front of a relaxed DH - he certainly doesnt think and talk about it like I do :yes:! But he is always willing to DTD so very thankful... but he is clueless to where I am at in my cycle - I always tell him and he is keen or he will ask but he never seems to remember or anything himself. Not complaining though! I often don't tell him exactly where I am at as well to keep it fun/normalized haha!

AFM - CD 15 today and have DTD the last 3 nights. Will try and DTD again the next two nights to be safe... Feeling positive! Had dull cramps yesterday which is normally my O signs (if I do get any which doesnt happen every month).

Best of luck ladies!!!

theprophywife

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting here. Really excited about trying for our first baby. I'm on CD7 and am very nervous about the journey ahead.

Best of luck everyone xxxx

Hubbub

Welcome theprophywife :) wishing you all the best for the tww! Fx this is your month!

Edited by MrsBot

Shanz19