Nofliesonme

Dining table

Nofliesonme

Coffeegirl

What about buying an extension table that extends as you need it and you make smaller when not in use.

http://www.extensiontables.com.au

• Like 1

Nofliesonme

I thought about hat but I need it extended for 3 meals a day.... Longevity of in and out

FindingZen

I think it would be impractical to walk down to the shed in all weathers. We have an extension table but it's always extended! Does the shape make a difference? ie large square or two tables to make a square/wide rectangle?

Ho Ho No

The shed wouldn't work for me in inclement weather.

Extending tables are a bit of a pain unless they are rapid options like gateleg or tilt top.

Have you considered several smaller tables grouped together, like restaurants do? There are plenty of durable commercial options in smaller sizes with faster/easier space-saving capability than domestic

Silver Girl

Do you have 2 children at each end of the table?

Having a bench seat along one or both sides can fit more people along the table than individual chairs. As can slim chairs.

• Like 2

Nofliesonme

Thinking I will look for bench seating first and see if that works. Can't fit 2 people at one end at the moment but I think we could if we had bench like seats. We live in the bush and are very used to pre children walking to the shed/ mess area. If it was raining we could all just eat inside the house as that's not a regular thing. I'd like to be at the table as often in a year as we can be. But with currently 8 kids and bub due soon. That's 11 people needing seating soon enough.

Wil do a bit more research. Thanks

CafeCat

Do you kiddies plastic furniture? Not sure how old your younger kids are but perhaps they could sit there while everyone else sits at the dining table. Although we are only a family of seven, I did this all the time when they were younger. I had one of those picnic settings that were all one piece - best thing ever as they could eat inside or I could pick it up with one hand and move it outside for a picnic lunch. IT was more user friendly for smaller people!

Nofliesonme

Managed to get the new setting inside. It's huge but definitely worth it. Thanks

• Like 2