Blackbird123

What are your Easter traditions?

Blackbird123

What do you do with your children? What/how much chocolate do you buy etc.

Wigglemama

Chocolate for breakfast on Easter Sunday, followed by a full bacon, eggs, pancakes, hash browns etc. feast. I usually get them either a choc egg pack or a choc bunny with some smaller eggs. I am sure people will think it is too much, but they probably waste more chocolate then they eat.

gemgirl

We usually give them a 'pack' with books or DVD, or toys or one of those little dinner sets with one egg. Always a tangible gift. Our kids don't eat a lot of chocolate, and usually only for dessert after dinner. Then we might do an Easter egg hunt with little eggs. That's it. We usually have a nice lunch, with a dessert of some sort. This year I'm going to make a Cadbury Creme Egg cheesecake.

Growing up, we always got: a book, PJs, and eggs. Even as adults - this year I've asked for a Kindle voucher and Cadbury Creme Eggs.

Edited by gemgirl

Bearynice

Easter bunny visits. Our kids are 5. They normally get a choc bunny and a few smaller eggs. Then usually a toy or a game or something small.

We consume some chocolate with breakfast. We have lunch with family on the Sunday.

Kids get pjs and small eggs there

Dionysus

Each year I forget what we did the previous year!

There is usually a hunt at someone's house, that EB has left

This year, we are going to MIL for lunch. She will do the hunt. I am thinking if doing the string trail from DD's room to a 'hiding' spot

I don't remember what EB usually brings or what we give.

But, DD will end up with

- an outfit

- a toy

- an Easter pack

Charmzy

This year I've got more chocolate than normal but its still not much. They've each got one boxed chocolate i.e. humpty dumpty egg, one large bunny and then I think theres 7 of the smaller hollow eggs each to find and about the same in the tiny solid eggs. They also get some easter crafts and some years I'll get winter pjs.

boymumma

We always used to get new winter PJs for easter, along with a token chocolate. I'm continuing this with my son, just bought two new sets of flannies for winter and a little pirate themed egg. My sister and I also started an egg hunt last year for our boys who will be 3 & 4 this Easter — old enough to actually find them! We follow it with pancake brekky at her place.

Edited by le_auteur

HappyTapper

We always went to church for Easter and then had an Easter egg hunt, which is what we will do now we have our own family.

Tender Heart

New pyjamas. A few little eggs to hunt for and one bigger egg.

Princess VFR

There is usually a hunt at someone's house, that EB has left

I don't remember what EB usually brings or what we give.

I read this as EB= essential baby

I was wondering what connections you had that essential baby provides you with Easter eggs??

Clearly I'm spending too much time on "EB"

EFS

Edited by Vfr momma
  • Like 2

kidwrangler

We wake up and have a chocolate hunt, then decorate boiled eggs to eat with our breakfast. If we remember to buy dog chocs, then we get the kids to play Easter Bunny and hide treats for the dogs to sniff out :)

We enjoy hot cross buns and a special lunch.

This year will be different as we're staying at a family resort, so the hunt is apparently part of the weekend events.

Silver Girl

I thought the same thing, vfr momma!

We go to church on Good Friday and have hot cross buns.

We make and decorate an Easter "tree" (a branch in a vase).

Easter Sunday Easter Bunny has been, we go to church and have an egg hunt.

I'm keen to give DS a small amount of chocolate, and to use the PJ/book etc ideas.

*maddierose*

We do winter pyjamas, a bunny egg and a few smaller eggs. Ds1 gets m&ms as its the only chocolate he eats.

We then get together with extended family and usually have an Easter egg hunt.

Romeo Void

Dying hard boiled eggs! It's something our family (half Ukranian) has done since I can remember. Around about now I start the hunt for white eggs. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get white eggs???

DragonsGrace

Dying hard boiled eggs! It's something our family (half Ukranian) has done since I can remember. Around about now I start the hunt for white eggs. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get white eggs???

Do you know of anyone who keeps their own chickens? White eggs come from white or grey chooks and we get white ones from our grey old bird. Maybe someone in your area has a white/grey chicken who would be willing to let you have some

Something that we did growing up was painting a hard boiled egg then rolling it down a steepish hill until it cracked and them we ate it. Planning on continuing this with DD. I also usually make some kind of small treat (cupcake etc) and put those little crispy shelled speckled Easter eggs on top like its a nest. At my primary school each year we made Easter baskets with strips of paper and the day before Easter hols the teacher would fill them with a few speckled eggs. This year I think I'm going to make Mars bar slice nests and marshmallow slice nests for a change.

BadCat

Puzzles and chocolate.

Ever since they were small they have had puzzles to solve in order to get their eggs.

Invisible ink. Codes. Maths problems. Periodic table codes. Anagrams. Whatever I think of at the time.

Usually they get a Cadbury bunny and a bunch of tiny eggs.

We don't do any other presents.

MotherClucker

Romeo Void I do indeed LOL

We also dye eggs! I usually end up spending like half an hour in the egg isle at woolies picking the palest eggs and putting my own few dozen together!

We dye the eggs and leave them on the table and in the morning, the easter bunny has magically hidden them around the house!

The Easter Bunny is going to make the kids work for their basket this year! I hear he is putting a hunt together with clues! He will leave a few bits of chocolate and a new pair of jammies.

Dinner will be roast lamb!

BaduBJ

We don't buy our kids (2 and 4) any eggs, they are given enough, by family and friends, to keep them going until Christmas! Also, being teachers DP and i score quite a few ourselves.

They love hunting eggs- last year we hid and hunted for the same eggs about 10 times over 2 weeks, eating 1 or 2 small eggs each time.

Grandparents give them both a special cup or plate.

This year we will give them an activity they can do in the car, as we are going on a road trip after Easter. Probably a sticker book or similar.

MuddyPuddles

We go away with DH's family every Easter to a small coastal town. On Easter Sunday we do an egg hunt around the villa when the kids wake up, have breakfast and then walk down to the Easter market to have a look around and a play.

That's about it - no other traditions yet, as they're only little.

*Lilami*

This year the kids will have their Easter egg hunt. Im tempted to do this:

http://www.superhealthykids.com/easter-egg-fitness-treasure-hunt/

We'll have hot cross buns (and of course chocolate) for breakfast. My mum used to make us a hot chocolate with melted small eggs too.

We are then going for a bbq lunch at the park then hopefully home for a snooze ;)

**Xena**

It's because people view brown eggs as healthier (even though they're the same :lol: ). I guess we've just been ingrained that brown is a healthier option than white ;)

I'm actually considering getting some fake ones next year and getting the kids to decorate one each every year as a lovely momento to bring out each Easter :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/artificial-duck-egg-Fake-Nest-Eggs-easter-eggs-Home-kitchen-Staging-Theater-Prop-/271723303243

Currently the kids get a large bunny and some smaller eggs from Easter Bunny. Then we have lunch and an Easter Hunt at Mum's where everyone is assigned a certain colour foil (kids and adults alike ;) )

MrsRun

Easter Friday we go to church, then Easter Sunday we go to church, the kids get a small chocolate treat each, and we visit DH's family. Then we have an early bbq dinner with my family and do an Easter egg hunt with the kids. They always peek out of the windows when we're trying to hide the eggs outside!

lilwonder

Good Friday we have hot cross buns for breakfast. On Sunday Easter Bunny brings a plate/cup/egg pack and winter pjs each. Then we have some eggs for an egg hunt.

ForTheLoveOfCats

Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate this year. I cannot wait

~river song~

Good Friday is a quiet family day. In years gone by I spent most of it at church for the various services, but not done that for awhile now

Easter Sunday the kids get a chocolate egg, book, clothes of some sort (pj's, tshirt etc). I also make easter bunny paw prints leading to their basket.

Then we have an egg hunt but I fill the plastic eggs with little toys or stickers etc rather than chocolate. They just get so many from everyone else.

Then easter lunch either at home or with family