blueone

Reddam House (syd)

blueone

Interested in any experiences/reviews etc.

Happy to be PM'd

Thank you so much!

mylittlemen

Primary or high school? I live a couple of hundred metres from the high school. Kids are well behaved in our local coffee shop. My only observation is the girls seem to wear VERY short skirts! My kids are at a competing school but our neighbours are seriously considering it - it does have the advantage of co-ed (which I do value). As far as I know, it's pretty much Reddam or Kincoppal if you want co-ed primary private school in the eastern suburbs of Sydney? But take the advice of someone who really knows over me!

Edited by mylittlemen

blueone

i'm looking at the early learning centre at the moment but potentially would consider her entire education there.

Have driven past the senior school a lot and i feel like i'm looking at a scene from Degrassi or Sweet Vally High sometimes.... lots of long hair and short skirts and guys in basketball singlets for sure...

It is both secular and co ed... which really really appeals to me

chinadollmama

I Know someone who’s brother went to Reddam, they forbid him from doing the highest level of maths as they felt that this would adversely effect the schools results...all this after paying a bucketload in tuition, the kid wanted to do the maths, was prepared to work his butt off and actually went and did it independently through another institution.

Pretty poor if you ask me!

TrustMe

Before starting here we too had heard stories about a few unhappy people who left because children were not able to manage the grades or for other reasons. We also understood the comments where from people who knew "a friend" who went there. We decided that without knowledge you simply have 'Rumours'.

Edited by TrustMe

Sincerely

I Know someone who’s brother went to Reddam, they forbid him from doing the highest level of maths as they felt that this would adversely effect the schools results...all this after paying a bucketload in tuition, the kid wanted to do the maths, was prepared to work his butt off and actually went and did it independently through another institution.

Pretty poor if you ask me!

From anecdotes I've heard, this happens in quite a few of the top private schools (presumably to protect their reputations). I don't know if any public comprehensive school does this, but I've not heard of any that do. FWIW, from the little I've seen & heard about Reddam, it seems a good school.

• Like 1

lulu85

I'm local and have only ever heard positive feedback about the preschool.

Similar to others, I have heard you will be asked to move on in later years if your child is not up to expected standard. They do exceptionally well in the HSC for a reason. It really depends on your child and whether they will suit the environment.