~A2~

TTC With PCOS #41

monkeysmummy

So I guess I'll start off this thread... I had posted in TTC with PCOS #40 about how I was really hoping to have conceived. Sadly this cycle was awash and AF came to town yesterday (4 days earlier than my last cycle).

I am actually quite disappointed this time around cause DH and I did a lot of BD this cycle and I'd had a few pregnancy type symptoms on Tuesday. I am actually a little down about it.

I think it might be time to speak to the dr again and go back onto Metformin. I had been hoping to conceive naturally l had done with my DS.

Anyway, thanks for reading my whinge. :)

Lavendria

Sorry to hear about AF monkeysmummy :( It's always disappointing when the symptoms turn out to be misleading. I now have a growing list of 'symptoms to ignore'!

Good luck with your next cycle and your Drs appointment :)

Shiv7897

Hi monkeysmummy - I'm sorry to hear AF turned up. The cycle of anticipation/disappointment really takes its toll emotionally. I also hear you about the disappointment about not concieving naturally - I'm struggling with that too. I hope you are being kind to yourself at the moment :)

monkeysmummy

Well another few months has passed. AF seems to have been regularish. Dr has put me back onto Metformin. Have been CM tracking so from calculating my dates I should be 6dop. BD on ovulation time and in the last 2 days have had mild cramping and farting so much (sorry tmi!). Fingers crossed!

Shiv7897

that;s good to hear monkeysmummy, fingers crossed!!

AFM, im on cycle 3 of clomid, but its not working (still not ovulating). off to the FS at the end of the month to discuss next steps.

monkeysmummy

Shiv7897

sorry to hear monkeysmummy. so often it just feels very unfair that this is what we have to face, when others fall pregnant so easily.

Are you seeing a FS?

monkeysmummy

So it seems i jumped the gun. Tested this AM first thing and got a BFP! My ds will be 3 in 6 weeks and we hadn't stopped it. I had been tracking AF properly for 6 months and made sure that we got busy on day of ovulation!

So happy right now. Have booked appt with GP tomorrow to confirm!

• Like 1

Shiv7897

good luck monkeysmummy! thats fantastic news!

neonsundance

Congrats Monkeysmummy!! Hope you are going well.

Newbie here, TTC 4 months, just diagnosed with PCOS so have taken my first Clomid tablet tonight - let's see what happens! FS on 1 Aug for another scan to see what my eggmakers are doing.

DP calls me The Hen - "laying eggs" - FX

:pray:

Edited by neonsundance

Shiv7897

I'm here. PCOS sufferer, about to start 3rd round of IVF. What's your story?

Wango

Diagnosed at 15 in 1994 (in the early days on PCOS research) put in Diane for 20 years. Met Mr Right mid 2013 after losing 43kgs Two and half years later have put 30 of those back on! Decided not to take contraception with us when we went to spain for four weeks in October 2014.

When my period still hadn't returned in May I went to GP who put me in metformin and referred me to an FS straight away.

Super high AMH (115) which freaked FS out so had to take it slow with OI to avoid higher multiples. Two rounds of OI on Letrozole were a bust ( 2 follies first round, 1 second round). HSG four weeks ago showed right tube blocked at opening. Doing third round of OI ( fx left side fires again) while waiting for appt with surgeon for a lap.

DPs results all normal.

That's me!

Shiv7897

amie484 - good luck with your FS appointment. Having more information and being able to formulate a plan helps.

Emm1979 - good luck for your third round of OI, and for the lap.

As for me - 29 next week, married to DH (30). Came off the pill last year after about 12 years of use. Diagnosed with PCOS when my period went AWOL for 6 months. GP wasn't concerned, but I was, so she tested me to alleviate my anxiety and prove I didn't have PCOS, and it turned out i did. 40+ cysts on each ovary, all the hormone markers, and I don't ovulate. But because I'm not overweight, they overlooked it as being unlikely.

Referred to FS this year - 4 rounds of OI (clomid) were a bust - no impact on ovulation. In the meantime Hubby was found to have low morphology, and we were told it's probably less than a 1% chance that we can fall pregnant naturally.

Moved on to IVF, 1st cycle - early miscarriage at 5 weeks, 2nd cycle - BFN, About to start cycle number 3.

Edited by Shiv7897

red femme

hi, another PCOS girl here!

came off OCP in Feb after 15 years on it and after nothing for 5 months my GP referred me to a FS who diagnosed me with PCOS. the first GP i saw dismissed it because i didn't have any 'typical' symptoms (healthy weight, no facial hair etc) but i knew something was wrong and am so glad i saw that second GP! i'm 35 and it's taken me a long time to become ok with the idea of finally having kids (finally acknowledged i'll never be 'ready' so time to just get on with it!) so i knew i couldn't waste time 'just waiting' and my GP agreed!

all my hormone levels are 'normal' but they're stagnant, it's like my body gets stuck at CD5 or thereabouts. my ovaries are like supermodels, they won't get out of bed for less than 10 grand lol!

i respond well to clomid (in fact 50mg was too much) but need a trigger and luteal support. i'm on my third cycle after the first was cancelled and the second was BFN. just started the tww so fx for a christmas miracle! otherwise it will be HSG for me and SA for DH before a new cycle in the new year.

baby dust xx

amie484

Red femme I feel the same about being 'ready' to be a mum. I mean I want kids and I want to be a mum but I just worry that I'm not going to cope or be good at it or something along those lines. Thanks to depression and anxiety for all of those doubts on top of everything else lol. Coz then I start to think that it's not happening for a reason and that I'm not 'meant to be' a mum for all those reasons. Hate my brain. And my body too lol.

Sounds like our ovaries have similar personalities. My FS didn't go so far as to call them supermodels, just lazy lol. More fitting for me lol. I just can't wait til next Thursday for our next FS appointment coz hopefully then we will have a plan of attack. Hubby's 2nd SA results will be back as well as his bloods and we will have the whole picture.

musicalmumma

Hi ladies! Can I join? I have a 14 month old and I'm currently on my second cycle of clomid for baby #2. First cycle I got a bfp but it didn't stick. I think I'm 1dpo. Do any of you chart?

red femme

amie i'm totally the same! kids was always a 'one day' thing, it's not that i didn't want them but i was so scared i would be a terrible parent, it's so much responsibility to bring up a little human, and i don't cope well with lots of stress at the best of times! fx for your FS appt next week and a plan of attack!

musicalmama i temp, though i know that having the trigger can muck about temps a bit so it's hard to pinpoint o for me!

afm, i'm 6dpo (i think, maybe 7) and just had my last pregnyl booster shot. i'm full of symptoms but i know it's just the pregnyl making my body think its pg so i'm just trying to ignore everything til this time next week. at least this time i know roughly what to expect. if AF doesn't show i'll POAS next friday, 7 days after the last shot the hcg should be out of my system to eliminate chance of false positive. hoping AF stays away!!!!

baby dust xx

amie484

Never a good sign when you get a phone call from your fertility clinic asking for bank details so they can refund for tests ordered but not carried out on hubby's SA. Most of the time a refund is a good thing but when you are told that there was no point doing the rest of the tests because his count was still so low it kinda takes the shine off the refund. Looks like it's going to be IVF/ICSI for us

red femme

oh no amie! i'm so sorry :( sending big hugs to you and DH xx

afm, 9 (or maybe 10?) dpo. symptoms are all mild or disappearing, which has me slightly worried, but i know i can't (and shouldn't!) read too much into it just yet. we had a lovely weekend away with lots of hiking and not thinking about work or ttc or anything! but this morning i've been feeling so dizzy and nearly even blacked out when i got up, i'm worried i've overdone it with all that hiking, and thus affected my chances! :( i also burned 100 calories more than usual on my ride into work, so my body is clearly not quite right! i'd like to think it's for the best reason but now i'm just worried! temps still high for now but will know later in the week i guess, planning to test on friday if no AF/temp dip before then. fx!

how is everyone else going? thinking of you all xo

musicalmumma

So sorry amie. Good luck red! When will you test?

Shiv7897

Hi Ladies,

it's gone quiet here, hope everyone's doing ok.

I've got a scan on Friday but otherwise not much happening.