CafeCat

Multiple teenager are NO fun!

CafeCat

Having a household with more than your average share of disrespectful attitudinal teens and tween-like behaviours is at times exhausting, disheartening, migraine-inducing, and downright depressing.

Today I am tired of delivering sanctions and playing referee.

;(

• Like 7

Jaded maiden

I'm hearing you.

• Like 1

remlab

Yep I hear you.

Even more annoying is when they take it to Facebook and think you aren't going to look there, and you find them taking snipes at each other.

Even worse is when some are not teens anymore.

• Like 1

Expelliarmus

You sing my song ...

• Like 3

Feral Grey Mare

More than one teenager? That disturbance you just felt was me shuddering. I have ONE at home and he is sending me around the bend. The trouble is that he is polite, helpful and communicative to everyone else on the planet so my claims that he is a rude, uncooperative little piece of work fall on deaf ears. I think it is time to break out the surveillance cameras.

• Like 5

Nasteh Llamah

Tonight I have 3 X 16 year olds (1 mine, 2 borrowed), 2 X 18 year olds (1 mine) and 2 X 10 year olds (ditto) in the house.

I'm in the shed.

With wine, music and EB. Well, will have EB until the combined efforts of 7 teens / tweens stretches our internet to the limit, lol!

• Like 8

my*xmas*kiddies

Ahh crap. Im scared. I cant sort my two out (11 & 8) with their arguing/tantrums, and Im not even talking about their mates in the mix!

Teenage years....go away... pleeeease?

ETA..thats was to be taken light heartidly too :smile:

Edited by my*sweet*kiddies

Nasteh Llamah

I find many issues related to laziness can be solved with making teens and tweens "earn" the day's internet password with chores.

Or, like today, allow them to invite friends over. DS16 cleans the entire house before his friends come over. I encourage him to be a host quite regularly :)

• Like 11

Beeeeeez

OUch OP.. hope it gets better soon!

mummy3

I find many issues related to laziness can be solved with making teens and tweens "earn" the day's internet password with chores.

Or, like today, allow them to invite friends over. DS16 cleans the entire house before his friends come over. I encourage him to be a host quite regularly :)

Haha, my ds16 use to keep his room clean for when his girlfriend was over!! I don't think I've seen the floor in there since they broke up a couple of months ago!! Wish he would hurry up and find a new girlfriend!!!!

• Like 10

Nasteh Llamah

Haha, my ds16 use to keep his room clean for when his girlfriend was over!! I don't think I've seen the floor in there since they broke up a couple of months ago!! Wish he would hurry up and find a new girlfriend!!!!

I did just snort a salted peanut up my nose reading this. OUCH!

Also, lol!

• Like 1

Feral_Faylie

I am making a note of this to use when mine are older. Although with how much DS likes technology I may need to put it into use sooner rather than later.

Nasteh Llamah

ARGH! DS18 just asked for permission for 4 more to come over.

To hell with it, may as well have ALL of the teens in da house, lol!

And that's not meant in martyr-like fashion, it's meant in the fashion of if-they-are-at-my-house-I-know-they-are-safe :D

Edited by Ninjah Kitteh
  • Like 2

Tinselonthefloor

I currently have 10 teenagers in the house plus 2 pre- teens. Only 4 are mine. My husband and I are currently confined to the study and we are having a lovely time together while they all play "slender man" in the dark. We are polishing off a lovely bottle of red while awaiting parent pick- up in the next hour or so.

• Like 1

CafeCat

We gave up changing the password for two reasons:

1. They always found a way around it. I even explained our dilemma to the IT Dept at work. The solution is to take the modem with us. I simply take the power cord or the charging cords... or I loosen the cable connection at the wall - slows the internet right dowwwwnnnn!

dev%20(6).gif

2. Our memories are shot and we couldn't remember which password we had changed it too lol

• Like 10

ELKO

Our 19 yr old cleaned up his room on Friday with no prompting so I have been waiting all weekend to see who he was going to bring home.

No one ......................yet :-)

• Like 1

Lilura

My son is just heading into the Tween years and I'm already dreading it..... I'll have a few years breather and then my two girls will go through it with 1.5yrs in between their ages! (goody! :p)

steppy

I currently have 10 teenagers in the house plus 2 pre- teens. Only 4 are mine. My husband and I are currently confined to the study and we are having a lovely time together while they all play "slender man" in the dark. We are polishing off a lovely bottle of red while awaiting parent pick- up in the next hour or so.

ha ha - sounds like fun. Do you hear the odd shriek?

lilwonder

I have a real and terrible fear that this is my future

• Like 2

EmbraceTheScrunchy

4 teen girls here......

Now where is that wine thread again ?

• Like 1

MotherClucker

I am going to end up with an 18 year old, 16 year old, 2 15 year olds and a 13 year old ( 4 of them girls)

As it is my 11 year old is moody. God help me lol

• Like 1

Feral Grey Mare

I am going to end up with an 18 year old, 16 year old, 2 15 year olds and a 13 year old ( 4 of them girls)

As it is my 11 year old is moody. God help me lol

I think most boarding schools do bulk discounts.

• Like 2

nessrose

Ha ha, we will be similar.

We'll have an 18 year old, 2 x 16 year olds, 14 year old and 12 year old. All girls.

Charmzy

I don't know whether to laugh or cry having read this thread!!

My future is 4 teenage daughters at the same time and thats only if I survive my stepson and son's teenage years first....

Maeli

3 teenage daughters - 17, 15 & 13...

The almost 12 year old boy will hit teen years next year too...

Apart they are all awesome. Together... Don't ask :o

• Like 1