*chicka*

Playgroup ideas

*chicka*

I am taking over the running of a church run playcentre (playgroup) as one of the current leaders are moving on. I have been going to this playgroup for 3yrs. We do free play, craft, and story/ singing. It runs from 10-12noon on a Friday. It's $2per child per week which covers morning tea and craft costs. There is a roster for buying/cutting kids morning tea (fruit) And bring something for the adults.

It runs well, but is run like this as it's just the way it's always been run.

So my question is, what do you like / dislike about how your playgroup is run/ structured? And do you have any suggestions or ideas on how we could do things differently?

Thanks.

Tender Heart

Sounds like the general set up of the two I attended over the years - the format worked well at each, even though it was run by very different people.

There was a morning tea roster - ended up about once a term when I took something along and was also designated to help wipe tables, clean up craft stuff.

Ours ran - indoor program, short group time (usually songs and a story), outdoor time, then a quick goodbye circle song which cued everyone to pack up and leave!

One different thing - we took our own children's snacks, so no shared fruit / need to cut stuff up.

$2 a week is very reasonable!

Furfeathersfleece

At our playgroup I dislike the junk food served at morning tea (Biscuits, red cordial). That's the main thing.

I like that we do simple craft and free play.$2 makes it very accessible.

I wish ours had some morning tea for the mums...I'm always starving between breaky and lunch!