Silverstreak

Let's pay off those credit cards! Buckle your swashes!

Silverstreak

Ooh very nice Fleeting!

mumto4boys

Looks like everyone is going so well. It also looks like I haven't popped in since April, so everyone seems to have done really well since then. Sorry to hear that you DH had an accident Silver.

I'm back to having a credit card debt for the first time in years. That said, it's some bigger and long overdue purchases for our home. These will make our home a nicer place and be enjoyed for many years, so not money wasted either. Now I just need to steadily chip away at the payments.

• Like 3

fleeting

I pop in and out too, depending on my motivation ūü§£ I was a part of the old original thread and then didn't post for about a year.

We need to do somethings around our house too, but i want to pay off things first before i do too much. 

The rounding down of my account is really slowly helping me chip away. Especially the weeks I have money left over in my spending account before pay day. 

• Like 2

Silverstreak

Always nice to have you pop in Mumto4boys!

No news here until DH works through his next lot of orders, as we just paid rent and a big electricity bill.  Aiming to be debt free by the end of this year, we'll see how we go! 

• Like 3

fleeting

Good luck Silverstreak!

We won't get everything paid by then but we'll be on our way!

• Like 3

Silverstreak

Good luck to us all!

• Like 2

fleeting

I just looked at my statement from July and I can't believe how much I've managed to pay off! Feels good.

• Like 4

Silverstreak

Very nice Fleeting!

2_little_boys

We havent made much progress in the last week or 2 but mums estate has been finalised and just waiting on the funds being transferred now.  That will go towards the debt then those payments will snowball to the last debt.  
All that will be left is the mortgage and we have equity so want to refinance to get a deck (est $40k) built.

• Like 4

Silverstreak

Good luck with snowballing this last bit, 2 little boys!

• Like 1

fleeting

So cloae now. Good luck!! I keep thinking how nice it will be once I can do that snowball. Once that first one is paid off and that money can go the rest. 

Sitting at $7450 for that loan now.

• Like 3

Silverstreak

Nice one Fleeting!

2_little_boys

Great job Fleeting!

• Like 1

Dadto2

Do any of you reckon you'll get credit cards again in the future? I am totally done, done, done with them! 

• Like 1

fleeting

I'm hoping I'm done. I do have one attached to my loan though, but I recently got a replacement card and I haven't activated it.

However of i can become disciplined enough I may consider doing the bills on the credit card/money in offset, But i would have  to have no other debt, no loans etc.bar the mortgage

• Like 2

2_little_boys

We have had some movement!

Mums estate was finalised.  Next card is all but paid off - don't have internet banking on the card so until I can get DH to ring for a payout figure I think there is about $500 owing.

Still have some money left which would effectively pay off 1 of the last 2 cards.  Sadly they are both quite large but snowballing will get both finalised within 6 months.

• Like 2

Silverstreak

Well done on your progress and good luck with the snowballing 2 little boys! 

• Like 1

fleeting

Woo hoo!! That's great!

fleeting

Sitting at $6900 on my loan, its nearly caught my credit balance. 

• Like 3

IamOzgirl
On 01/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, Dadto2 said:

Do any of you reckon you'll get credit cards again in the future? I am totally done, done, done with them! 

I do, I was worried when I joined this thread that it would get out of control. But I got it down again.

For years before (and now) I just pay my bills on it and pay off from offset. I make large purchases on it for the points (IVF for example) but only if I have the money saved for it. I don't buy stuff on credit if I don't have the actual means to pay for it. 

All my pay goes into the offset and I give myself a weekly allowance. 

• Like 2

Silverstreak

New total $7400, plus we paid off the Citibank (we were on a 12 month, low interest, fixed payment deal.) So pretty chuffed about that!

Good to get rid of those monthly payments, as we've switched energy providers and are now on a combined gas and electricity monthly utility payment. Will be nice not to get any large quarterly surprises!

Onwards and downwards!

• Like 4