Sign in to follow this  
Always amazed!

Cheap eats/activities for large familys

Always amazed!

So I recently discovered outback jacks has $3 kids meals!!! Yay 4 kids fed for $12 in a resturant with a games room. If you sign up to their birthday club you get 3 free meals ( with another paying adult) throughout the year.

We went last night and paid a total of $40 for 7 ppl to eat. WIll e going there again!

We dont go out to dinner much as it costs a bomb to feed us all .

so it got me thinking. Where are some other cheap eats for large family's that wont cost a small fortune?

Edited to add if you have any other deals/activities to add that would be awesome as well!

Edited by Always amazed!
  • Like 4

Darksider

I think Hogs Breath does kids eat free with paying adult once a week (they used to!), and I know my local pub has a feed my tribe night once a week - not sure what it entails though, I've only seen the sign while driving past.

gemgirl

So I recently discovered outback jacks has $3 kids meals!!! Yay 4 kids fed for $12 in a resturant with a games room. If you sign up to their birthday club you get 3 free meals ( with another paying adult) throughout the year.

We went last night and paid a total of $40 for 7 ppl to eat. WIll e going there again!

That's great, OP! I will have to go there!

Hog's Breath is good and the meals are pretty large, but it only works for buy one adult meal get one kids. The adult meal has to be $20 or more. Right now our kids can share a meal, but as they get older it won't work for a large family, necessarily. Still, better than nothing.

nayjay

We have been to Hogsbreath. (My DS wanted lobster for his 9th birthday dinner lol). We had extended family with us so it still cost over $200 but 3 of our children did eat for free.

Our favourite meal "out" is chips in the park or pizza in the picnic area beside the beach :). It is so beautiful just before sunset and our children absolutely love it.

We also do one on one (one parent with one child) dining out so that we get to have quality time with individual children and they get to have the experience of eating out, ordering from a menu, etc..

• Like 1

Pearson

Buy a couple of hot chooks, salads and bread rolls and go for a picnic somewhere...? Red Rooster has 2 chooks for $20.

**Xena**

Sushi. It's only between $3-$6 a roll (6 pieces) at the place near us and so far one roll is enough for my kids :)

rob^2

The Australian Hotel and Brewery at Rouse Hill (North WEst Sydney) has been doing Sunday night pizzas, 5 after 5. 5 different pizzas only $5 each after 5pm. (it might end this month, but they already extended it once).

They also have 2 kids play rooms, and free facepainting.

There is a huge roll of alfoil or takeaway containers you can help yourselt to for taking leftovers home.

• Like 2

Always amazed!

rob The Australian is pretty good! I took the kids to the make your ow pizza the other day.

4 kids and myself fed for $10 with leftovers!

Great school holiday

activities !

DZP

We get the entertainment book and can generally get a main meal, dessert and soft drink for us all (9) for between $60-80. We eat out once a fortnight.

I also have a salary sacrifice meal card which means every meal we eat out, I drop my taxable income and use tax free dollars to pay for it. Over public holiday times, I up it to $500 so that way I have money saved on there for when we go on holidays and don't get stuck loosing most of the extra in tax.

We went to outback jacks last fortnight with a $25% off entertainment voucher. The kids meals cost $2.25 lol.

Edited by 7LittleAustralians

lizzzard

The Balmain (in Balmain) has $5 kids meals between 5-6:30pm. Its a cool pub with a great beer garden - awesome Sunday arvo with friends.