PinkSurvivor

Is anyone else classified as terminal?

PinkSurvivor

I found out a couple of months ago that I'm stage IV. I'm doing chemo and some natural therapy and hoping to buy some significant time. Statistically I'm not in great shape but I'm hoping I'm the one who breaks the mould of triple negative breast cancer. I'm not ready to die at 29.

Anyone else with me to break the statistics? I got told 6 months best case. I'm not even really sick yet though, looking at me despite being bald I don't look unwell.

• Like 6

Fossy

Hoping and praying you absolutely smash the statistics xx

Edited by Fossy
  • Like 28

Madeline's Mum

I came here from WAD and couldn't leave without replying. I don't have cancer but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're facing this, I can't even imagine.

I hope you get a lot more time with yor precious family.

WibbleWobble

I'm not terminal, but have 50% 5 year survival odds for bowel cancer.

There are some members who post here who are terminal, so they may come and post.

I hope you are one of the ones that beats the odds.

Caribou

I have no statistics to share, I am sorry. I just wanted to say the situation sucks and its so unfair. I hope you beat the stats and prove everyone wrong. I hope you get to spend more time with your family. :bighug:

librablonde

Jerry, I just read that blog post and wiped away tears. Good God, what a fantastic writer she is and so very brave. Thanks for sharing it.

ETA: and Pink Survivor, I wish you the absolute best and hope you can continue to beat the odds. I've remember some of your previous posts and think you're amazing. *hugs*

Edited by librablonde
  • Like 4

ali27

Hoping that you are able to continue to keep beating the odds. You are amazingly strong xx

HoneyMurcott

I'm in remission from trip neg breast cancer with everything crossed I stay there. I'm so sorry that your cancer recurred. I know the statistics and prognosis for trip neg all too well and it's frightening. There are a few members who are terminal and dealing with end of life. They may come in and post. I have everything crossed you defy the statistics - you must wonder how on earth so little is known about trip neg. I find it hard to believe at times and I'm in a relatively good place at the moment. Much love to you and your family.

• Like 1

PinkSurvivor

Thanks everyone, I was 4 years after initial diagnosis with no symptoms so it was unexpected.

I'm back in Canada with family now, doing treatment. I have scans booked for Feb 2nd to see how treatment is progressing. I'm doing a lot better than anyone expected.

I'll have a read of those other threads tomorrow. Its 11:30pm here with the time difference.

I hope you continue to stay in remission HoneyMurcott

and I hope you beat the odds too wibblewobble.

It definitely is a sh*tty situation but I don't feel like I'm dying yet so I guess I can just hope things keep going well.

Edited by PinkSurvivor
  • Like 10

bagelbagel81

Hi PinkSurvivor - I remember you from the DIG 2011. I also had a M/C at 8 weeks. Finally got pregnant again after 3 years :p

I am sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse for you. I, like all the others are hopeful that you are one that smashes those statistics.

I don't have any pages to share, but I my husband is Canadian and when I was planning on moving over there I had a work contact in Ottawa, who told me about his amazing journey.

He is a pretty inspirational guy. You may or may not be interested. But here is the link anyway.

All the best- and thinking of you!

xx

Link to Kevin:

jules363

Thank you for posting my blog Jerry :)

I am considered to be terminal, as stage 4 cancer I suppose usually is....

I have bowel and liver cancer and was given a maximum of two years to live 13 months ago. However, my bowel has been cleared of cancer, and I am waiting on word as to whether I can have an operation in the next couple of weeks to clear my liver of cancer, and then I have a tiny chance of seeing the back of this beast.

I am so sorry to see this...I remember you from years ago when you first had your battle with breast cancer, and then you had another baby I think....I was so happy for you, and thought you had beaten this. I am so, so sad, 29 is incredibly cruel.

Keep going, never give up hope, just keep fighting for more time. More time, that is all I want, to be with my four gorgeous kids.

• Like 24

EsmeLennox

My thoughts are with all of you who have been effected by this ****er if a disease. My mother has been battling pancreatic cancer for 2 years and is starting another round of chemo today after the cancer spread to her ovaries (she had a Whipples procedure Feb, after a long stint of chemo which meant her inoperable cancer could be removed. The surgery nearly killed her. she underwent a full hysterectomy and ovary removal in November. Now she is embarking on a savage round of chemo.) She has not yet been classified as terminal, I fear she will be soon though. All things considered though, she's doing well, as her initial prognosis was 9 months.

Thinking of you all xxx.

• Like 1

PinkSurvivor

Thanks for sharing the link Bagel, and congratulations on your pregnancy :) I had two babies after my m/c in 2011, I have a two year old and a 10 month old after my initial treatment plus the first two who are now 5 and 7.

Jules, I read your blog and I'm so glad I did. I hope you get your surgery. My doctors are very negative in terms of prognosis because no one usually does well with my type of cancer. I know the tumours are shrinking because I can't feel one and the other is getting smaller. My oncologist however says she is surprised chemo is working but she says it will only work for so long as in a month or two. I feel more positive than that. I'm hoping for 10 years minimum but my doctor feels 12 months is too optimistic. My Australian doctor said 3-6 months max.

I'm doing the rick simpson oil which people have had success with so fingers crossed it helps. I know its not a guarantee but it can't hurt.

I don't want to leave my four babies either, ever but more time is all I can ask. Hopefully until my youngest will actually be old enough to remember me but he isn't even one yet.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum Esmelennox, I hope she isn't classed as terminal and she can move on from this horrible disease.

Edited by PinkSurvivor

Shooz

I came in from we are discussing- just want to send you lots of positive vibes and plenty of good luck!

TwinMumNat

Hi pink survivor, this came up on my WAD feed too. This awful disease is just cruel. I just want to wish you all the best. Take care.

sweetmango

hugs to you, hoping and praying for much much more time for you and others fighting it, xx

Serapod

Another with no personal experience with cancer, but I saw you are 29, my age. I am hoping fervently you beat the odds, and if nothing else, that you have another New Year's Eve to celebrate with friends and family.

I lost my mother February 2, 2014, breast cancer her2+ which was mostly asymptomatic prior to diagnosis but was found to be very spread at the beginning.

I just cannot believe the injustice of it all, I hope you spend many loving months and years with your family in Canada.

All the best.

Mooples

I'm so sorry for all of you with cancer.

Keep on fighting, I hope you all beat the odds.

In the meantime live large and enjoy life.

toomuchmess

Me. We although nobody has used those words or spoken about timeframes etc, we know my cancer has become active and there is 'uptake' in my sternum, possibly my skull, and some nodes in my throat. Im very well aware that I have a sh*tty diagnosis and limited time. Im 31, I have 2 and 5 yo boys. Im a kiwi living in rural nsw. This isnt how my life was supposed to be. I never had high expectations but this is just cruel. I was first diagnosed with breast cancer on sept 2010, lumpectomy and aux clearance with iv chemo and radiotherapy. Then again sept 2013, bilateral mastectomy and iv chemo again. Then nov 2014 they found it in the skin on my chest, as well as sternum, skull and nodes in my throat. I have a radiotherapy consult on wednesday and hopefully they can zap it, then I start oral chemo for as long as my body will handld it.

im sorry for those in the same position as me, and those who have to watch loved ones in my position.

pink survivor, we drew the short straw in life. I hope you get plenty of time in good health to spend with your boys.

• Like 2

Hrumph

I'm terminal as well. In December 2013 I was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma which started in my gallbladder. At the time I was given a year (the odds for this particular cancer are grim - 2-5% make it to 2 years). In August it looked like I had beaten the odds and was in remission however a PET scan proved otherwise and I in fact had small mets in my liver. At this stage my oncologist confirmed that I was terminal but didn't give a timeframe as the first line treatment I was receiving was controlling the cancer. In late November I was dealt another blow - the cancer had spread to my lungs and I was no longer responding to first line treatment. I am now on second line treatment and will have a scan on Friday, get the results Monday to see if it has worked at all. I was told in November that I would be lucky to see January out. I am hoping and praying that this chemo has worked however, I can feel myself "shutting down". There are no words to describe what it is like facing your mortality. A lot of people live in fear of dying in pain - they can control the pain. There is nothing that controls the emotional rollercoaster of knowing you are dying and it will be soon. On the outside I look healthy (albeit a bit tired and I have put on weight courtesy of all the drugs). My insides are a mess - physically and emotionally.

I believe wibblewobble has PM'd you......

eponee

I'm terminal as well. In December 2013 I was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma which started in my gallbladder. At the time I was given a year (the odds for this particular cancer are grim - 2-5% make it to 2 years). In August it looked like I had beaten the odds and was in remission however a PET scan proved otherwise and I in fact had small mets in my liver. At this stage my oncologist confirmed that I was terminal but didn't give a timeframe as the first line treatment I was receiving was controlling the cancer. In late November I was dealt another blow - the cancer had spread to my lungs and I was no longer responding to first line treatment. I am now on second line treatment and will have a scan on Friday, get the results Monday to see if it has worked at all. I was told in November that I would be lucky to see January out. I am hoping and praying that this chemo has worked however, I can feel myself "shutting down". There are no words to describe what it is like facing your mortality. A lot of people live in fear of dying in pain - they can control the pain. There is nothing that controls the emotional rollercoaster of knowing you are dying and it will be soon. On the outside I look healthy (albeit a bit tired and I have put on weight courtesy of all the drugs). My insides are a mess - physically and emotionally.

I believe wibblewobble has PM'd you......

:bighug:

Suz01

Truly I am so sadden but also encouraged by the strength shown here in this thread. You brave women. I am thinking of you all, and PS, your four little babies.

• Like 4

PinkSurvivor

Thank you for all the replies, I'm sorry some of you have lost family members to cancer. It really is horrible.

Hrumph I really hope you get good news regarding your scans on monday.

toomuchmess I'm also sorry you're dealing with this and I hope you get as much time with your kids too.

Wibblewobble I'll check my PM now

I'm still on first line treatment, scans got check progress/recession is Feb 2nd. I saw the doctors and had blood tests today and my bloods are so good they brought chemo ahead by 24 hours so I do it tomorrow instead. I do chemo 2 weeks on and one week off. My sister is back down tomorrow too which is crappy because I'll be tired for her visit but it will be good because the boys will have someone to play with they love her, she doesn't wear out. The joys of being 20 and not sick, she takes them ice skating and plays with them.

Thanks again everyone, I'll check in next when I feel better from chemo tomorrow it might be a few days. This chemo is a lot better than the one from 2010/2011 and I tolerate it well I just end up really lethargic and nap.

• Like 4