Sign in to follow this  
Bearynice

Scooters and five year olds

cward

My not long turned 6yr old boy would be really embarrassed to be seen on a 3 wheeler by his friends and would've been for probably the last 18 months. My 3yr old DD is starting to ask for a 2 wheeler one over her 3 wheeler.

I think it depends on the scooter and the child. My DD7 (nearly 8) is happy to ride the Micro Max (which on their website is for 5-12yo and she is uncomfortable riding a two wheeler so for her it's a case of ride the 3 wheeler or nothing.

Also with the 3 wheeler she doesn't whinge, she is confident on it and can go for miles

F.E.B.E

Yeah I am getting the message about not sending to Australia now on the site cward linked to.

David Jones shows $180. I will keep looking!

cward

I'm trying to buy a Micro Sprite for my 5yo daughter but the above site keeps saying they can't send to Australia. Is there another site to buy the Micro scooters or is there another brand that is similar?

Looks like that site I posted is no longer shipping here, although a PP said she got it to work

Bearynice

Thanks for the replies. Was thinking just getting a two wheel razor from target. Pretty cheap. Might have to find someones to have a try and see how the kids go.

Otherwise was thinking of maxi micro or there is a similar one at toys r us.(gets god reviews)

I had sent an email to that German site about six months ago. They replied and said they no longer ship to aust.

EsmeLennox

At 5 I would buy them a cheaper scooter like a Razor so you can upgrade a few years down the track to something sturdier. It might depend on how much you anticipate that they will use them too, though. My boys all had razor scooters at that age and they were fine until they were about 8 or so and wanted something more capable of doing 'tricks'. The youngest still has his razor but we'll likely buy him something sturdier for either Xmas or his birthday next year (he's turning 8).

Definitely two wheels at 5 IMO.

Edited by EsmeLennox