Sign in to follow this  
~A2~

EB Military Families #77

Mumofboys3

Gold!

Hi all,

We all must be busy for me to get gold. :D

Just a quick update we are in our house. I now understand that the serviced apartments are good but for over 2 weeks, it's great to be in a house. My 2 older boys have fitted in at school well. Youngest is finally excepting we are here to stay. I am just glad to have our things! Still unpacking but that's ok.

Cheers Patty

76 others

Good to see all is well patty :)

Question- DH has a ball in November. He says it's black tie. How dressy are these things?

Mortificado

76, black tie means full length dress for the women.

Heather-Elizabeth

Hi, wondering if I can join. My husband has just started Basic training with the RAAF in Kapooka.

We have 2 kids, Zeke who is 3.5 and Ally who is 2 in a couple of weeks.

livvie7586

Hi, wondering if I can join. My husband has just started Basic training with the RAAF in Kapooka.

We have 2 kids, Zeke who is 3.5 and Ally who is 2 in a couple of weeks.

Of course! we're a bit quiet, though.

I'm a Navy wife, so not much help on anything to do with the RAAF stuff, but here if you need to chat.

Mumofboys3

Deleted post :D

Edited by Mumofboys3

4littlemonkeys

Anyone about? LOL

We are posting back to Australia at the end of the year and it's looking likely to be Simpson Barracks, Watsonia. Anyone know much of this area?

opki

Hello! Watsonia is a great area, lovely for kids and families. A lot of the DHA houses are out towards Doreen, Mernda, South Morang etc, nicer houses, but the area around the Barracks is a bit more convenient. Check out the Mactier Community Centre, they run playgroups, craft groups, book club and have a few different events throughout the year. Look them up on FB and join the group and ask any questions you might have :)

4littlemonkeys

Hi!! It's been ages! We are in Melbourne, living right near the base at Yallambie and got here in December. Loving it but being back in Aus is a bit weird lol!!!

Just signed to build a house at Mernda which won't be finished til mid next year but that gives us time to figure it all out with colours etc. Kids are all settled at school/ day care. I have a FT job working on the base too which is good.

How is everyone else going?

livvie7586

Hi!! It's been ages! We are in Melbourne, living right near the base at Yallambie and got here in December. Loving it but being back in Aus is a bit weird lol!!!

Just signed to build a house at Mernda which won't be finished til mid next year but that gives us time to figure it all out with colours etc. Kids are all settled at school/ day care. I have a FT job working on the base too which is good.

How is everyone else going?

Hi!

Popping my head in, but, we're no longer a defence family. After 13 years service my dh was medically discharged last year.

It's been a massive learning curve, and we're still finding our feet with some things, but it's nice not constantly stressing about the next posting.

Hope everyone else is going well.

4littlemonkeys

Wow Livvie! Hope you are doing well adjusting!!