mummo

Loom band kits

mummo

Hi can anyone tell me what the genuine name of these are? And also the best place to buy the full kits?

cinnabubble

There seem to be Bandalooms and Rainbow Bands. You can get them in Lincraft (online as well) and in every two dollar shop in Sydney.

lucky 2

Rainbow bands.

Monket

There is also one called a funloom, $15 at big w.

~Jolly_F~

Rainbow loom is the original name. We have found most places stock them kmart, big w, cosmetics plus (I think it's called) has great variety. Most cheap shops have them.

KT1978

Our stores have rainbow looms, they are $7 with the loom and bands.

Domestic Goddess

I have looked all over the place. We have 2 Big W's and both have sold out and have been waiting to get more stock for the last 2 weeks. Kmart was supposed to get the kits last week, but haven't received them yet.

Our Crazy Clarkes don't stock them and neither does our local Target.

I bought a whole load of bands, but no loom. Getting a teeny bit frustrated here. Think eBay might be the way to go for me :(

Domestic Goddess

Maybe I am a bit daft here, but does anyone know where you can find directions on how to make these bracelets?

I once saw a lady who was selling chickens, pompoms, spiders, etc. made from rubber bands and looms. No idea how she did that.....

Autumnal

You tube has hundreds of videos on making the bands

• Like 1

jrmama

Domestic goddess try YouTube it's full of clips about making all sorts of bracelets and things with the bands. You don't have to use a board. My kids sometimes make them using a fork or just on their fingers.

Our Lincraft had loads of boards last week.

Carrie_zmatik

The original ones are the rainbow loom bands. My daughter had one of the cheaper lincraft loom bands but it is different in size to the rainbow loom (it is shorter) and the middle strip does not remove like it does in the rainbow loom. We ended up buying the rainbow loom as we couldn't do the tutorials using the lincraft one. If you are wanting to do anything more than basic bracelets buy the original rainbow loom, it is what they use in all the tutorials.

http://rainbowloombands.com.au/shop/rainbow-loom-kit/

Here are some links to get you started with some tutorials.

http://becomingmartha.com/rainbow-loom-tutorials/

Edited by Carrie Zmatik

bestnot

I made the mistake of buying a loom set from a cheap shop. Someone dropped a tablet (electronic) on the loom and broke it. My nephew has a loom his mother bought from Target, it's much sturdier.