Sign in to follow this  
Tender Heart

Trampoline recommendations

Tender Heart

We are planning to purchase a trampoline, but are looking for some recommendations. (Have tried the EB search engine for previous threads of the same, but am only getting threads where the word trampoline is randomly used.)

Is the net on the outside of the trampoline better than on the inside?

Are the springs better than the "straps" arrangement?

Is 10' large enough for an older child (nearly 11)?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions. :)

Edited by tickly_rain

mumtojanda

We had a Vuly for 4 years and it has needed a new mat and 2 new nets or maybe 3. We had a 10 foot and it just got too small for my 9 and 12 year old.

Last November we decided to go for a large oval Springfree trampoline. Best decision and I wish we had bought this first. This will last my kids until they are adults.

Edited by mumtojanda

archyandmehitabel

If you have big boobs, don't do it.

Oh...

It's about BUYING a trampoline.

as you were

Sentient Puddle

Also have had a spring free for about 6 years I think. Apart from a little moss covering the net and bird poop I should clean off the mat it is in the condition we purchased it in and it does get used a lot.

• Like 1

Tender Heart

Might have to review the size then as the 11 year old will definitely want to use it too.

mumtojanda, why did you opt for a Springfree over a larger Vuly?

Hadn't heard of Action, unicycle. Will do some fossicking on that front.

Sentient Puddle

I think you will find the Springfree have very long lasting mats and nets - apart from some complaints about black stuff coming from the mat - I havent heard any complaints about the quality and longevity . They are not cheap though - that for most people is the sticking point.

Tender Heart

Thanks ILBB. They are significantly more expensive, but if the mats/nets don't need replacing often, then the ongoing costs are minimal.

lilsunniegirl

I won on the Essential Kids website a Vuly Thunder trampoline.. we LOVE it!!!! It has leaf spring, so no way he can get hurt.. even when he jumps right to the edge,.. the net is super strong, and the mat has awesome bounce, but images so you can play games.. we also have the tent so we can have sleep overs...

Best prize ever!!!!!

• Like 1

Tinselonthefloor

Definitely recommend the spring free. We have had ours for almost 5 years and it's still in fabulous condition- surviving snow, ice etc. We bought the large oval one- one of our best "kid" purchases ever. Even my mid teen daughters still love to use it.

• Like 1

mumtojanda

We opted for large oval spring free over large Vuly because our other one hadn't held up especially the nets. My children do gymnastics, tumbling and trampolining and the oval shape seemed better for them to do their tricks and routines.

• Like 1