Sign in to follow this  
Inkling

From a male perspective

Inkling

I know this is a long shot because it doesn't look like people post here much but I'm looking for a male perspective.

In short DH has had anger issues and a lot of them and I get a lot of advice from woman saying

I should leave and not tolerate etc

I'm just looking for the male perspective on what goes through a mans head when yelling and name calling or not dealing with anger issues? I know men and woman are programmed differently and I think by walking away I'm defusing a situation but then was recently told by a male that walking away is antagonizing it. Very confused. Feel free to look at post history about DH's past behaviour to get a better understanding

Edited by TimeForAChange

Mondayitis

I don't think male and female anger, as an emotion is any different. We all get angry. just that those who don't lash out at others have learned at an appropriate age that it's not okay to lash out at others and we mature and learn to deal with our anger in socially responsible ways.

• Like 1

Buff Daddy

Would agree with Mondayitis - how people react in anger isn't a male v female thing. It's a choice.

When I get angry sometimes I feel I want to lash out verbally and/or physically. But I would never do that on another person. I'll walk away, yell at an inanimate object and get my frustration out that way and then go back and talk things out.

Buff :smile: