Sign in to follow this  
MotherClucker

Fridge for a Large Family

Walkers

Just reviving this thread as we are in the market for a new one (family of 10).

What did you end up with Mother Clucker?

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

TIA

HaveHope

We're about to buy the Westinghouse 700L side by side (Australian made!).

We are considering this one. Did you end up purchasing it Gumbette? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Gumbette

We found the side by sides too narrow to fit large platters. We ended up with an Electrolux French door.

4keykne

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/924l-samsung-4-door-fridge-srf924dls/

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/lg-906l-door-in-door-frenchdoor-refrigerator.html?CAWELAID=720013240000131127&gclid=CO6z69LNz8UCFYUAvAod5zQAKg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Has anyone purchased either of these models or know anyone that has. Whilst they are expensive works out about the same as pigeon pair of similar size and use less electricity and take up less floor space. My greatest concern is the depth of the fridge looks like getting to back hard.

Chief Pancake Make

We bought an electrolux side by side a few weeks ago. Compared to my old fridge it has so much more space.

Having lots of freezer space is amazing. The Fridge space is narrower, but cant remember the last item I had to store a platter in my fridge, so it doesnt really matter.

Other advantages - its taller, I only have to bend down to get to the vegetable crisper. At 8 months pregnant that is a big plus. Its also much easier to find things.

In the freezer side I can put the icecream on the top shelf and DD cant reach it - unlike my SIL kids who just go to the upside down fridge/freezer and just take stuff whenever they want - thats more of no boundaries/discipline issue than fridge issue though.

luckyducky

Dont get the Samsung fridge its crap :( I had 2 blow up in a six month period. Lost all my food, everything and Samsung were terrible and would not reimburse us.....

I have the LG fridge, the giant french door one. Its massive, the only think is that the stainless steel is not finger proof and marks all the time, it always looks dirty.

we have another fridge, and an upright freezer in addition to the LG in our garage. System works :)