BeYOUtiful

What are your fave containers for morning tea/lunch (pre school)

BeYOUtiful

So many choices of lunch boxes/containers/cooler bags, just wondering your preference please?

Edited by BeYOUtiful

luke's mummu

I love the tupperware sandwich keepers - expensive but last really well. Unless your child keeps loosing them. I find the decor clear boxes and cheap and last well.

• Like 1

BeYOUtiful

Thank you for the replies, will check all of those out :)

Puggle

Sistema Klip It. They last for ages in our house and are easy for little hands to open and close. We use the 1L rectangular for lunch and the Medium Split rectangle for recess. Both stack perfectly in an upright insulated lunch bag leaving room for a small rectangular container for the morning fruit break.

Big W seems to be the best place to get them but Woolworths seem to do amazing specials on them once or twice a year.

• Like 2

MakesMeHappy

Today we brought a 'nude food movers' (by smash) lunch pack. It is a large lunch box with different compartments and containers, it also has an insulated skin and drink bottle.

I haven't actually used it yet but have had a bit of a play around and it seems great! The only problem I can see thus far is that the insulated skin might be a bit tricky for DS to get on and off.

• Like 1

Gumbette

1/2 price on Nude Food Movers at Woolworths, including the ice bricks and covers. I'm set!

• Like 1

Bearynice

We use a zip up insulated bag. We use a sistema split for snack. I got some fantastic smash easy openlunchboxes at the reject shop ( with tools and helicopters on the lid) for lunch.

You can get them at big w too.

• Like 1

BeYOUtiful

Thanks again everyone. Coles had sales on some of them too - but will check out Woolworths and Big W. Cheers :)

Gumbette

Update - My Nude lunchbox mover - broke before I even used it. I dropped it onto floorboards, and it cracked. Will need to find an alternative. I know I'm clumsy, but I'm assuming DD will be worse - at this rate we'll go through 1 a day!

dirtyhoe

I also like sistema!

Always amazed!

I liked the nude food movers but yep they broke easily.

I now use just a zip up insulated lunch box with a sandwich keeper.

luke's mummu

Update - My Nude lunchbox mover - broke before I even used it. I dropped it onto floorboards, and it cracked. Will need to find an alternative. I know I'm clumsy, but I'm assuming DD will be worse - at this rate we'll go through 1 a day!

I would take it back to the shop for a refund. Maybe is was slightly weakened before you purchased it?

Yogurtbliss

Also sistema for snacks, leftovers and fruit. A smash sandwich container on sandwich days.

Oogly boogly

Zip up lunch cooler, most are smash brand, I don't worry about brand though, just size/shape and make sure the lining is the sliver/gray colours not white or shiny silver.

Containers are random lol we have smash, nude food movers, decor and also some fabric sandwich wraps that I got from trade secret which are awesome for wraps too! Stops them going soggy.

Toothbrush containers, the hinged kind, are great for spoons/forks if your child takes yoghurt or leftovers. Kid sized forks (the kids with characters on the handles) fit perfectly.

Veritas Vinum Arte

Tupperware Sandwich keeper for sandwiches. We have had one or two clasps break (in 6yrs of use) but the best thing with Tupperware is lifetime guarantee so just contact local area manager and get it replaced.

For smaller snacks we have the nudie small rectangular boxes.

Drink bottles are Sistema

Anonemy

Penny scallan insulated lunch bag with heavy duty silver foil lining and sistema lunch cube. For snacks I get the containers from daiso - v cute and at $2.80 I get a few and can rotate and replace when they get (inevitably) lost. The lunch cube is pretty cheap as well so I get a few and refresh every so often.

For drink bottles - a brand called ed from office works is great - they come with groovy covers that make them ideal for freezing.