~A2~

Due In August 2014 Chat Thread #3

Sidgrl

Ooer first gold :)

Miss Nikki

Silver!

Miss Nikki

Whoever it was asking about medication in pregnancy, panadol is fine. No aspirin or aspirin derivatives tho (like nurofen or voltaren). There are other option for strong pain, but the doctor needs to ok them first, but they are also safe.

Source: 21 years working in pharmacy

mrskay

Hi ladies,

Welcome to the newbies :)

My ms is awful at the moment. I constantly feel queasy but sometimes something triggers me to be sick and I don't have much warning. At least I'm off work over Christmas/ New Year. I was worried for a while because I couldn't drink fluids but I plugged in my brita water filter that can cool water and I'm able to sip that. Phew.

My dh has started asking me already if we'll find out the gender. I hadn't even thought about that yet! I asked him if we could discuss that when I stopped feeling sick all the time :)

becfizz

Hi ladies :smile:

Thanks for thinking about me, meant a lot.

Quick update, went to ed and had bloods taken and scan done. Bloods were normal, scan showed baby with heart beat of 115bpm and baby measuring 6w4d (at around 7w1d) but they seemed happy with that. It also showed a dark area on the edge of my uterus which may have been where the bleed came from. So i had follow up bloods taken yesterday and still have my appointment on Monday with the ob, so hoping to get some more positive news then. Plus by doing an internal scan will get a better picture and dates of bubby. But I am battling all day sickness at the moment, so again that's a positive I guess, hormones doing all the right things!! And I very rarely get through the day without a nap!!

Anyway, thanks again for asking about me.

Hope everyone had a great christmas :smile:

• Like 4

FunkyOwl

Becfizz So glad everything is okay and baby has a heartbeat. What a relief! DS measured behind by 3-4 days as well and he is fine. I bled with him as well. It is very scary but he is here and perfect.

MissNikki Congrats on your great scan! I wish I'd thought to film the heartbeat. I'll have to do it at the 12 weeks scan.

happynow How is your morning sickness with multiples? Are you finding it much harder than a singleton?

MissManda Panadol is fine as MissNikki said. Thank goodness because headaches are a pregnancy symptom and I am getting them almost everyday! I am trying to take it sparingly but it is fine.

Welcome to the new girls, and congrats!

So sorry for everyone dealing with rotten family members! This should be a happy time. As if early pregnancy isn't already stressful enough anyway. In a perfect world everyone would be happy and supportive of what is very happy news!

AFM Christmas was great and I actually felt pretty decent. My plan to announce to immediate family only backfired when mum basically forced me to announce to everyone (extended family and friends) by putting me on the spot big time. She told everyone repeatedly that I had special food (salads with no raw egg etc) and wouldn't let it drop until finally my uncle questioned her with 20 people listening. I tried to get out of it by saying I'm vegetarian (I am) but the back and forwards between us got so awkward that finally I sighed and said "I'm pregnant" and my uncle goes "I thought you were pregnant! You're looking much bigger than last time I saw you!" Well, gee thanks uncle LOL. I have actually lost weight, but my belly is definitely bloated and I look like I did at 18 weeks with DS, so it's good to know I am looking really pudgy!!! :lol:

As I already said, we had our 9 week scan yesterday and baby is doing perfectly (spot on for dates, 166bpm heart rate) so I have 'graduated' from my FS officially. Yippee!

• Like 3

indigo~

Great news, Becfizz. Hope all goes well at your OB appt on Monday.

happynow

Becfizz that's great news :-) good luck with your next appointment .

Funkyowl don't you just love parents . I think by the time I left mum and dads after telling them mum told over half the family . Very unfair how your mum put you on the spot though .

Morning sickness is way worse with multiples then with a singleton , I have never felt so sick or tired in my life . I'm just very lucky that DP helps out so much with the other children and getting up to dd7 months in the early hours of the morning when she wants to play .

Peashy

Becfizz, that's great news. Good luck at the OB.

HappyNow, so sorry to hear your MS is so bad. Having such a young one must make it extra hard. I've been feeling ok but my mum who got awful MS with me and my siblings said it started from around 7 weeks and I am 6w4d so I've just started to feel a little off!

Congrats on the good check up and heartbeat funkyowl, sorry the announcing didn't go to plan. I hate being put on the spot in front of others.

AFM, I was at BILs and SILs with all the ILs on Christmas Day trying to play down not accepting any champagne (big red flag, SIL guessed straight away though just gave me a wink and smile) DH went to collect DSSs from their mums and told then our news on the car trip back. After we opened the presents DH organised for the boys to announe "we have one more Christmas surprise, my dad and Peashy are going to have a baby!" DH and I had spoke about them doing this but I was so touched as the boys were genuinely thrilled, as were the whole fam. I had to call and just tell my own fam over the phone as they are all in NSW, still lovely though.

Hope everyone has a lovely New Years and good luck for those yet to have scans. Has anyone thought to buy anything baby related yet or are they waiting till after 12 weeks? I've been thinking about everything we'll need to get - cot, change table, pram, car seat etc etc and I'll definitely need to spread the cost out! I'll be waiting till 12 weeks though, just to be safe

ABeautifulLife

Hi All,

Congrats to the newbies to our group, has anyone noticed that there is a due in September group already? How time flies !!!

Feeling pretty seedy all the time, just thinking about meals makes me queasy, oh the joys of early pregnancy :smile: We are still keeping our news to ourselves, I love knowing that it is my and my DH little secret :love: So hot today, I feel so sorry for all my heavily pregnant and newborn friends atm, hopefully summer will pass quickly. Take care all and enjoy the rest of the holidays.

mummymarvin

Dating scan for me tomorrow. Really anxious as previous two pregnancies have resulted in miscarriage at 10w and 7w respectively. I didn't have a dating scan either time though so hadn't seen a heartbeat or had any warning.

Feeling pretty terrible a lot of the time. I've been on the bed for 3 hours, DH took my two DDs out (bless him) so I could rest. I've upped my iron, thyroid meds, prenatal vits and taking activated B6 for nausea - feel like I'm constantly popping pills. Also recommended to take fish oil but can't stomach it :sick: .

Everything crossed for a heartbeat tomorrow! I'll be 7w3d.

Congrats and good luck respectively to those who've had good scans / having scans this week!

mrskay

Good luck for your scan mummy margin, let us know how you go :)

Becfizz... Phew!! I was worried when we didn't hear from you!

Funkyowl, the reason I haven't told my mum yet is because I know she'll blab to everyone.

Afm, I am still queasy all the time, but learning to manage it. I sometimes have no appetite then crave something in particular. Right now it's pasta.

mummymarvin

Very relieved to say that scan was fine. I wasn't feeling hopeful, but there it was, a little beating heart, measuring just about right on dates. Looking forward to the next milestone now which I guess is the 12 week scan. With what should be a quiet time at work, and a holiday in between I'm hoping that it should be smooth sailing.

I've told siblings but not my parents as they are worriers. I probably won't tell them until after the next scan. It feels wrong in a way but I also feel like I'm protecting them a bit too.

Right now just looking forward to the MS passing. Am afraid I'll have to raid the maternity clothes bag sooner than I'd hoped, particularly in the bra department!

• Like 2

AmynMelb

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few weeks but couldn't figure out how to post. All sorted now though, doh! So exciting reading about the progress of your preganancies!

I'm 9 weeks tomorrow with our first, due date August 4th. First pregnancy for me and hubby and we got pregnant fourth month trying. Everything going well so far - morning sickness most days but not too severe, food aversions a plenty, and tiredness kicked in with force in the last couple of weeks. I had my dental check up this morning and fortunately the morning sickness came an hour afterwards - thank god not during the appt!

We're in Melbourne and I'm going public, doing shared care with my GP and will be delivering at Royal Women's.

I'm envious of all of you who have got to have scans so far! We need to wait until 12 weeks, so all booked in for 23rd Jan. Have told our sisters (one is staying with us so too hard to hide the MS) and we're going over to NZ at 11 weeks when we'll tell the rest of our family but ask them to keep it on the down low until after the scan just to be on the safe side. So playing the cautiously excited waiting game for another few weeks before we get properly excited!

Looking forward to getting to know you all on this journey!

• Like 3

happynow

Hi all :-)

Welcome to all the newbies here . Hope every one has been ok in this horrible heat .

Well I have not long got back from my scan and there is definatley three babies :-) . One baby is by itself and the other two are sharing a sac . We were able to hear their heartbeats baby one had a heart beat of 190 baby two was 180 and baby three was 114 so I am a little bit worried for baby three . Off to the doctors tomorrow for a check up .

• Like 4

clarisse83

Becfizz so glad to hear that all is well :)

happy now does that mean the two sharing the sac are identical?

mummymarvin you're not alone in having to upsize your bras, I've gone up 2 cup sizes already! Congrats on seeing a heartbeat :)

Peashy that's lovely that your stepsons are so thrilled for you :) :) We're not buying anything until after 12 weeks although I was feeling hopeful enough the other day to knit a cute little beanie which I'll use for our FB announcement when the time comes.

Funkyowl hurrah for a good scan result! Boo to your mum for outing you.

Hi to everyone else and welcome to our newbies :)

I'm feeling less sick now that my FS has reduced my dose of progesterone pessaries (I've "graduated" from her but she's still managing my meds until I see my ob). But I'm so tired and still getting really hungry all the time. Every day is different though! Although my boobs are massive atm (for me, was a barely B cup so having boobs at all is a novelty lol) and they're still sore most of the time. Nothing much else to report, didn't get outed over Christmas and am just counting down to my first OB appointment on the 15th and then my NT scan on the 22nd. Apparently the place my FS has sent me to for the NT scan gives you the results immediately and the drs there sit you down and talk you through them and they give you a book with photos from the scan and a dvd!

• Like 1

mrskay

Happy now, what did your doctor say about the heartbeat? Perhaps this baby will catch up in the next few days. You might be having identical twins with a fraternal triplet! :). So exciting! My best friend at school was an identical triplet.

I have been really down today. I feel like I have gastro with the ms, have no energy and have bloated so much I look really awful. I need more work clothes and tried things on today and hurt myself squishing my sore boobs around. :( I don't know if I should buy maternity clothes now or just wait.

happynow

Mrskay I see my doctor tomorrow . I know how you feel about clothes not much fits me anymore . I have some loose fitting clothes to see be through for a little bit . With my last pregnancy I wore maternity from around 11 weeks and used maternity bras from around 20 weeks

Edited by happynow

HappyWomble

Just running in quickly to say that a few days ago I noticed there was a bulge over the pubic bone. Today I wondered if I'd popped. Then I did a quick Google and realised it's just my bladder being pushed up by the growing uterus. I guess you don't really pop until the uterus grows big enough to appear over the top of the bladder (or pushes it down). 8 week scan tonorrow. Hopefully my DSS will be allowed to have a look too. he's thrilled!

Nin1

Hi girls,

I hope you don't mind me crashing your thread. I am 6weeks 4days pregnant. I have been pregnant previously but unfortunately I lost that baby and have been rather nervous about this pregnancy. I am due in August (if all continues to go well) so I thought I'd say 'hi' and hopefully make a few online friends along the way. It's so special we are all on this journey together at very similar stages.

I don't have any children so this is all very new to me and the morning sickness (well, ALL DAY sickness) has totally shocked my system! I knew that mums to be got morning sickness, but I thought it was just waves of nausea here and there. I have been so sick, dizzy and just off every day since 5wks3days. Does any one here have any remedies that work? I have read online about ms solutions, however nothing seems to work. I don't get any relief :( I would appreciate any one's ideas.

I have my 7 week scan this Thursday, hoping to hear a strong/fast heartbeat!

I hope you all are doing well xxx

• Like 3

Seuss

Wow I've been out a few days and missed HEAPS!

will catch up…. one day…. lol

Saw the GP and he just says I must not have been as far as I thought ( so 1 week behind) gave me another referral for a scan which I will have after our QLD holiday.

other than that all good here still symptomless

5taci3

Well I did one post on here and totally forgot until tonight :( reason I got my bfp Two weeks ago tomorrow then the next day I got a phone call saying I got the job I applied for back in October so I've been flat out working with only 4 days off since. I finally got around to getting my hcg levels test done on Friday but can't see my dr till Thursday night after work. I had a great Xmas apart from almost falling asleep at the dinner table. All I wanna do is sleep

My boobs are bigger and feel really hot and nipples are sensitive,

Congrats to everyone who has joined and to everyone with great ultrasounds (I'm waiting about another 2 weeks if I can) I didn't even wants dr to do bloods I just wanted script to settle my ms.

My post might seem rambled but I'm so tired writing this.

MissSmiley*SGK

Hi everyone,

No posts from me for a bit but I have been following along. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and congrats to those that shared their news. We told my parents and sister & BIL. Will only tell immediate family at this stage until 12wks.

Happynow - triplets my gosh that's amazing. Hoping number 3 is coming along ok.

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats on bfps.

So I need help/advice.... I have been sick for over a week now. Mostly sore throat but a really bad dry cough that I can't seem to kick. Vomitting does not help either and makes my throat worse but sometimes the heavy coughing seems to trigger the MS as well. I also get sharp pains in my tummy when I cough lying down and I'm starting to worry. Other than lozenges and panadol sparingly I don't know what else to do. I haven't been to the Drs because I figure they can't prescribe anything but the pains are starting to worry me and I'm struggling to function. Really don't know what to do or if there is anything I can do. Just hoping it will pass. Does anyone have any suggestions or do you think I should bite the bullet and see a Dr?

Bellefin

MissSmiley I get terrible colds/coughs every time I get pregnant, it hasn't been so bad this time, but last time I had snot running down my throat all night for weeks, which triggered a cough, which triggered retching. I asked at the chemist and they told me you can't take anything except nasal spray of salt water in the first trimester. So I just had to suck it up. It sucks but it will pass. Your immune system gets suppressed so as not to reject the baby growing in you. Of course go to the Dr, it can't hurt.

HappyNow I guess it's possible that the separate baby fertilised a few days later than the identical ones, so is a few days younger to account for the slower heartbeat. Fingers crossed for you anyway.

AFM - no secrets here, my mum told my Dad (they are divorced and rarely talk so not sure how that happened!), I told 3 people at work so they could plan staff for next year, and at the work Xmas lunch I had all 12 people congratulating me. Its like it's the 3rd one so nothing is sacred. Plus I show really early, I am only 8-9 weeks and have some sort of bump, I guess it's just internal organs being pushed out, but I'm not one of these people that can hide it for months.

We have no bedroom for this baby, I have 2 step kids - a boy and a girl that are almost teens so they need their own rooms, one room for our 2 DDs. So we change our mind almost daily about whether to extend or buy a bigger house, which is a smarter move and less stressful? DSS is starting high school, DSD at one primary school and my DD is starting at a different primary school, plus the big kids need to be near their mum. Then there's the financial considerations...it's driving us crazy what to do and we only have 7 months to get organised! Keeps life interesting!