Sign in to follow this  
HappyWomble

Anyone go to the Brisbane homebirth support groups?

HappyWomble

Like the title says - doesn anyone go to the Brisbane Homebirth Support groups that meet every second and fourth Monday of the month?

I'm only just pregnant - 4w3d. I was thinking of starting my potential homebirth journey by checking out this group and asking lots of questions before I actually make an appointment with a GP. I'm 43, which I know makes the medical establishment nervous. There's also a chance of twins (two embryos implanted and very healthy HCG levels). We'll find out at just under 7 weeks when I get a scan done. Ordinarily I wouldn't go for a scan, but I do want to know if I'm having twins.

But I'm also very healthy, BMI 21.5, tend towards low blood pressure, no other issues and lots of support at home. In my mind that means I'm not high risk. Only twins would possibly put a spanner in the works.

Anyway, I want to talk with homebirth people so I start the process right (with the doctors etc) so I don't get a big black mark against my name "Beware, homebirther, crazy lady". So possibly find local GPs who are supportive etc.

Anyone else in Brisbane?

Oma Desala

Hi Happy Womble,

I don't go to the groups but I had a homebirth on the southside at the end of 2012. If there's anything I can help with feel free to post here or PM me :-)

HappyWomble

Thanks Oma Desala! I thought I'd try the Brisbane Support Group tomorrow. Hopefully a midwife or two turns up! I'll only be 5 weeks, but I want a few questions answered before I start talking to GPs. I'll see how it goes tomorrow!