Cowchaser

Watch for 13 yr old DD?

Cowchaser

My 13 yr old DD needs a new watch. Planning to grab her one for Christmas, but I'm pretty out of touch with what's cool when you're that age, and she's doesn't have a preference for brand or type - yet.

What do you think? Any ideas? What does your teen wear, if any?

Tinky Winky Woo

A baby G or G shock in a cool colour would be good I think.

• Like 2

Therese

There are some very cool baby G watches and I know my 13 year old loves hers.

• Like 1

MakesMeHappy

My cousins that are 10 and 13 got ice watches for Christmas last year. Apparently they were a cool thing to have.

I remember when I was 13 I wanted a baby g watch. Obviously they are doing something right :)

BeAwesome

I liked surf branded watches at that age. Baby G were also in when I was a few years older, but I never particularly fancied them.

I was going to get my 5 year old an Ice kids watch for Christmas, I think they're kind of cool looking, but I'm not any barometer of cool by anymeans, so I don't know if they're *actually* cool or not.

I saw Smiggle do watches too, but I don't know if 13 year olds still like Smiggle.

Cowchaser

Thanks so much for your ideas. I ended up getting Baby G, G shock and Ice watches on screen and asking her what her preferences were.

She narrowed it down to Ice and then to about 3-4 for me to make the final decision for her. I think I'll get her either this one

http://bijoux.com.au/shop/brands/watches/ice-watch/ice-watch-ice-white-turquoise-small/

or similar but in clear band

http://bijoux.com.au/shop/brands/watches/ice-watch/ice-watch-ice-pure-turquoise-small/

or she also likes this one

http://bijoux.com.au/shop/brands/watches/ice-watch/ice-watch-stone-sili-white-silver-small/

but I think it's a bit glamorous for school etc!

They're cute watches, thanks for your responses

Tinky Winky Woo

I like the first one as it has a rounder more feminine look to it for a girl. The last one is very very nice but might be better for an older teenager.

The 8th Plum

I like the first one. Now I feel sad that Swatch isn't cool at 13. I had a Napoleon Swatch and thought I was IT.

Tinky Winky Woo

Oh I had a Swatch too and it was pink and had blue and pink criss-cross lines on the white face. That's all I ever wanted.

Cowchaser

Have you checked on surfstitch SassyGirl? They have some ripcurl watches and free postage :)

Good point re the crystals....

LOL re the swatch watches! I even showed her some just cause I still thought they were cool....and fondly remembered coveting them when I was young. She turned me down ;)

She has had, and virtually has worn out a FlikFlak watch though, which is by Swatch....they're great for teaching kids the time and I've bought all my children one for their first watch. They have some v cute designs for young kids.

ytt

Does your school have a dress code? DD wouldn't be able to wear them to school.

DD has a Baby G which is dark purple, her teacher said she can wear it. It's so dark it's almost black.