Chelli

Who is pregnant with child #4,5,6 or more? #48

B.M.C.M.I.E

leisamd - the girls were excited but got over it pretty quickly. DD1 spent some time holding my hand & talking to her sister (bub wouldn't get those hands out of our way so DD tried to convince her to move). Names *shudder*. We ended up in an argument after the scan so I've just posted in the Baby Name section hoping for some options DH won't shoot down. Good luck at your scan, I hope your placenta is cooperating!

Aurore Mone - glad your work place has been so good about it! I hope the medication works swiftly and you're feeling better quickly.

Boys galore - Last trimester woohoo!

Lena - 2nd October is coming up quick, I hope you can get organized in time. I'm stressed too about coping with 4. DH works away so even though he's great when he's here, 36 hours a week isn't much relief for me. Have fun tux shopping!!

Foxy - I hope you're having baby snuggles!

• Like 1

PurpleButterflys4

Hi all,

We are finally on the count down. 38 sleeps, wahooooo.

Apart from sheer exhaustion and insomnia setting in we are going quiet well. Very ready for this lil one to arrive any time now hahaha

Foxyretrogal- hope things are well for you, would love to hear what you had and how it all went.

Leisamd - I can relate with you on hormones going crazy. Emotional over nothing.

Roadie - I feel the same, 9 months for baby #5 is just not necessary to get prepared, I'm well and truly ready for this little bundle already. Lol.

Alwaysamazed- Welcome. I am on baby #5 also :) hope everything is smooth sailing for you.

3littlegents - Welcome.

Hopefully I haven't missed anyone, sorry in advance if I have. Baby brain is rife this time around.

Walkers

Just a quick update to let everyone here know our baby arrived safely on Thursday. Big surprise when a BOY was held up in front of us before being whisked away for a check. I didn't even notice what his face looked like I was so surprised. So there you go, you just never know! Lovely to finish our family with two little boys.

We named him Isaiah....again lucky to come up with something so quickly as I'd spent most of the pregnancy obsessing over girl names. He was a healthy 3.86 kg and quite long but he never felt 'big' in my tummy. All the kids are in love :wub: and looking forward to getting to know him.

• Like 2

Roadie

Congratulations FoxyRetro*Gal - what a wonderful surprise.

B.M.C.M.I.E

Congratulations Foxy!! I hope you're all settling in beautifully. Were you told you were having a girl or was it a surprise but you expected a girl?

BoysGalore+1girly

Ohh congratulations foxy

How many girls do you have?

Purple butterfly's..38 days oh you lucky thing.lol

Bmcmi good luck with the name debate

My dh comes up with the most ridiculous names at times

*Lena*

Congrats Foxy! Such a beautiful name too!

kabailz13

huge congratulations Foxy!!

Enjoy getting to know your newest addition :)

Walkers

Thanks everyone :smile:

We weren't officially told the sex it was more a led to believe sort of thing.

12 week scan we were told 'there are no obvious boy bits'

19 week sonographer picked up the sex straight away but we asked her not to tell. She flinched when I guessed girl - obviously I read way too much into that

32 weeks my ob did a scan and view wasn't great but he guessed girl.

34 weeks my ob was checking out the baby's face and his opinion was that it was a 'girl' face. Very scientific!

So no we didn't know the sex but I was convinced baby was a girl, so much that I only sorted through our girl clothes, didn't bother with the boy things. We have 7 girls and thought our son was a fluke and was to be the only. Wrong!

BoysGalore+1girly

Ohh foxy that so cool.what a wonderful surprise

littlepoppet

Congrats Foxy on your little boy - nice to have such a big surprise!

I haven't been around for a while so hi to everyone.

Feel like I'm getting closer to meeting out new little girl which is both exciting and scary. Went to my sister's to get my baby clothes back but, like Lena, I have no where to put them so they are sitting all crumpled in a plastic tub for now.

I'm stressing about out car situation. We have a 7 seater ford territory that I don't think is going to work too well with 4 kids in car seats and zero boot space. Anyway...

I'm feeling vey tired and sore these days... grumble grumble.

I am, however, looking forward to Friday as I have my 34 week scan and we are taking our 2 eldest with us. I'll pick up my son from school early. They are both excited to see the baby on the screen, hopefully we'll catch a glimpse in 4d mode too.

Bye for now

B.M.C.M.I.E

littlepoppet - We bought a Ford Territory at the beginning of this pregnancy & have made it work. We have DD1 (5.5) and DD2 (3.5) in the back row, both in Infa Rally's (so tethered). We have DD3 in the middle center row, DD4 will go on the driver side middle row. I had to sell my Strider Plus & bought a Steelcraft Agile (and capsule for bub). Will you need a double pram or can you bargain with a single + skateboard as we'll attempt (ATTEMPT!!)

Edited by B.M.C.M.I

littlepoppet

Hi BMCMI - I remember you helping me out last time I had a car whinge!!

I have a p&t that just fits in boot as definitely think DS#2 will still need a seat - he will be right on 22 months when new one arrives. I would prefer to use my MB duet though - yes it's all about the prams!!

Dd is adamant that she will sit next to new baby, which I think would be helpful but I don't want ds#2 in very back with ds#1 as ds#1 goes to school, so often wont be there. Ds#2 didn't like the very back when we tried him there recently. Think he feels too far away from me.

So, as I will mostly have the 3 younger ones with me that all want/need to be closer to front I will just get ds#1 to climb over pram through boot. Poor thing. Don't really like how he seems trapped back there though.

Anyway, somebody stop me as I could go on and on and on...

B.M.C.M.I.E

We have the same problem.. DD1 is in and out for school but DD3 needs me to clip her in therefore needs to be within reaching distance. DD2 can clip herself in so she's in the very back corner, DD1 is closest to the "walk way" so she doesn't need to scramble over DD2 to get out.

We can't put DD3 in the back row because her damn seat is chunky, DD2 literally needs to climb into it to access hers. We did discuss that once the baby is out of the capsule & in DD3's seat (RF & FF) we'll allow DD1 to have just a tethered booster & DD3 can have her new Rally.

All that DD1/2/3 confused the heck out of me but I think you'll get the gist as our kidlets are all about the same age.

The pram is a huge pain. We had our Agile sitting behind the passenger seat so might be an option for you? I took the headrest off the single seat, flattened it & slid it back as far as possible and wedged the pram down between both seats so it couldn't move.

littlepoppet

Thanks BMCMI. Good tip about pram position. I have a single pram that definitely does not fit in the boot but may behind passenger seat, depending on how I configure car seats.

B.M.C.M.I.E

It's such a headache.. We bargained that we'd have the car for 5+ years and the pram for 18 months so I chose a car I'd still want & made my pram decision around that. DD3 will be 27 months when baby is born, she's using the Agile at the moment so I'm hoping it won't cause any issues. Hopefully the skateboard is exciting enough to keep her contained. I'll also be taking my carrier everywhere so if she gets a bit feral I can pop baby in the carrier and DD3 in the pram.

Our little one finally has a name! Better late then never DH.. Lets hope he doesn't change his mind in the next 7 weeks.

littlepoppet

BMCMI - I agree a carrier is essential. I've never had a good one before but I recently ordered a manduca which will hopefully do the job. I don't love wearing babies but I'm guessing there will still be times when my 3.5 year old will want to ride in pram too. Also handy at parks etc.

Sooo are you sharing the chosen name? We 'think' we've decided but it's not set in stone yet.

bubba boo

Congrats Foxy we had the same thing happen with our 2nd boy, I was convinced he was a girl even tho we didn't find out and she came out a he lol.

Carriers are a must have item for us, even though our youngest two ATM are 2 and 5 we still have a carrier and a small stroller handy for when they both fall asleep. I will be ordering a manduca soon.

BMCMI- that must be a relief having a name. We haven't even started but prob will after the ultrasound next week.

Only one week to go till I get to see this little one on the ultrasound. It will be reassuring as no one has guessed I'm preg and everyone I tell says no you r too small.

B.M.C.M.I.E

Carriers: I reallllly struggled with wraps/slings so ended up getting a Pognae (structured carrier) when DD3 was about 1. Best thing I've ever purchased. We back carried until about 4 months ago when my bump got in the way but apparently as long as the straps are below bump we can still use it. DD is a lightweight but my body is carrying enough extra kg atm lol.

I'm really hoping DH doesn't change his mind again on the name but for the time being it's Eloise.

She was Lily when we found out gender, I got over it so she became Imogen but we have an Isabelle so she became Paige which I liked for 2 weeks then it didn't feel "right" anymore. DH has been fighting for Lily, Emma and Emily whereas I love Amelia & Eloise. My cousins daughter is Eloise which is all that stopped us but Mum doesn't see the issue and actually mentioned it to some family from that side & they all thought it was lovely & wouldn't be an issue. Fingers crossed I don't overthink it and change my mind because I really do love the name.

Bubba boo - Good luck at your scan next week!

*Lena*

Yes I love my sling to. I have a close baby carrier which I love doesn't hurt my back like some of the others I have used.

Names- Arrrgghh they had me so stressed out. To tears actually. DH dosn't help and I won't even try to discuss them with him till bub is actually hear otherwise it won't be our decision as he will talk to his family and even if he loved the name he wouldn't have it if they didn't like it. Think I am going to go to hospital with either Nathaniel Alexei or Koen Alexei. Nathaniel fits best with our last name though and I love the nn so think it will be it if he goes for it, which I think he will.

Edited by *Lena*

littlepoppet

Names can definitely be a stress.

BMCMI - I think Eloise sounds lovely. Nice choice.

Lena - I've noticed your naming dilemmas in baby name section. Don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices. Both good strong names to use from infancy to adulthood.

I was soooo stressed naming our second boy that I am just not worrying at all this time around. I feel like it will be a surprise to me too when we finally name her!!

TheFirstNoel

BMCMI - glad to hear you've made some name headway! Eloise is lovely.

Cars - yeah, we're not ready, and won't be in time now... I refuse to stress!

Set up the cot, got all the baby stuff ready, had to buy a belly support band - bliss! It was starting to get painful just standing up! I'm not as young as I was with the others and I feel it this time.

Had a drama with my obstetrician appointment on monday, she was pretty negative about signing off on the homebirth. My midwife is awesome and is confident it won't be a problem, but it was very deflating (I'm super hormonal which doesn't help, I came home and cried :blush: )

Had a scan last week at 32.4 weeks to check low lying placenta (which is fine now) and they said he's a big boy - I could've told them that - taking bets on whether he'll keep the pattern going so far, each of my children have increased by 400ish grams in size, if this one follows the pattern he'll be about 10lb 6oz!

Anyway, it's my older DS's b'day this weekend, so I'm googling lego cakes!

Edited by leisamd

April2014

Hi Ladies,

Can I join you?

I'm expecting bub number 4. We found out yesterday and I am still in a little shock.

I am due around 28th April.

I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday to have bloods done.

:smile:

Aurore Mone

Hello Lovelies,

Congrats Foxy, what a lovely surprise !!

Welcome April, hope everything goes well at your appointment.

Ooh BMCMI, Eloise is gorgeous. Yay on picking a name :-)

Lena, I totally understand about your comment about hubby's family, I get the same. When we decided to name our DS Jaxon my SIL was so vocal about how she didn't like it. In the end I told her that if I wanted her opinion I would let her know what it was. It shut her up for a while. Unfortunately my other SIL has just copped it non stop because they called their youngest daughter Olivia (my horrible SIL keeps going on about Olivia the pig on ABC).

leisamd, lego cake sounds like fun. Hopefully your obstetrician will be a little more encouraging in future.

16 weeks here today, it feels like it has gone so fast. Even DH said we will be half way soon. I am getting very antsy to find out what we are having. I would like to start buying some stuff and right now it seems like there is hardly anything gender neutral around, everything is either very pink or very blue :-( I gave everything away after Pookie so am starting from scratch again.

B.M.C.M.I.E

Congratulations & welcome April2014.

Lena - DH was the same, uncooperative & had no suggestions to make. He was happy to shoot down EVERY name I suggested but wouldn't offer anything up. We aren't telling anyone IRL our name choice because even though we were throwing it around as a maybe and had a good response, I don't want any negativity given how hard it was to get to this point.

Aurore Mone - we started from scratch too which really sucked considering it's DD4! Although it's been kind of nice to actually baby shop, we haven't really needed to apart from DD1!

34 weeks now.. 4 days of BH's, I'm absolutely exhausted!