Therese

Our new mobile site is live

Therese

Fantastic news for everyone who has been patiently waiting. Our mobile site is now live.

Unfortunately the use mobile site link at the bottom of the sites ( visible only from a mobile device) is still displaying the standard skin not our customised one.

In the mean time here is a link to our customised mobiłe sites

http://m.essentialbaby.com.au/forums

http://m.essentialkids.com.au/forums

Please post any bugs you are experiencing for the mobile version here

Edited by EB-Marion
  • Like 3

Riotproof

Thanks, that looks much better!

• Like 1

Therese

At the top and bottom of all the mobile sites is a section navigation so you can choose which section of the site you want to go to.

JustBeige

Amber is this the site for iPads and Tablets? I normally just browse this version on my tablet, but its not liking the new release at all.

Suz01

Looks great. How do I find a link to 'today's active topics'? Finding that better for me than hot topics as these threads are pretty dated.

Therese

JustBeige it is the site for iPads and tablets. It may be worth clearing your cache and cookies and then logging back in to see if that helps.

• Like 1

Therese

Suz01, in the top right hand corner of the screen you can see a box (on EB it's yellow and has smaller white squares within it)

If you click on that there are lots of options including new content. See if that is what you are looking for :)

JustBeige

Thanks Therese, I will give that a try tonight :)

Therese

Thanks Therese, I will give that a try tonight :)

Let me know how you go :)

mel43

Yay! I'm loving it!

I have worked out how to quote and 'new content' is one click away from being as good as 'we are discussing'.

Edit: I have worked out how to edit, but I'll have to clear my cache again to get back to the full site.

Edited by mel43
  • Like 1

Therese

Yay! I'm loving it!

I have worked out how to quote and 'new content' is one click away from being as good as 'we are discussing'.

Will be back in a second to see if I can edit and change back to the full site.

It is all pretty straightforward which is great :)

JustBeige

Let me know how you go original.gif

hello, it didnt work properly for me. Do you want me to detail it here or somewhere else?

I did clear cache and cookies and the site opened but it all went pear shaped when i tried to reply

mel43

Oh the new content is even better than I thought! If I've already read the topic, it goes to the first unread post automatically :D

I can tell I'm going to really like this.

jules095

I have to say that now I'm back on the website, I do prefer the mobile site.

The avatars are something that this place needs.

Therese

hello, it didnt work properly for me. Do you want me to detail it here or somewhere else?

I did clear cache and cookies and the site opened but it all went pear shaped when i tried to reply

Can you please post it in the forum upgrade bugs for the mobile/tablet thread which is here

Thank you :)

Therese

I have to say that now I'm back on the website, I do prefer the mobile site.

The avatars are something that this place needs.

I really like the way the avatars look on the mobile site.

SillyDuff

Love it! Using it on my samsung phone, even saw the notification that someone like one of my posts didnt see that on the pc :)

• Like 1

SillyDuff

Quick question how can you edit/change settings through the mobile site or do I have to go back to the full version?

JRA

OK, can i act dumb

I preferred the mobile version that came with the weekend as I could just look at "content you follow. I cannot work out how to do that with the new skin.

Please can I have content you follow on the mobile version - like the weekend.

ETA: Yes I love the mobile version, but want what I had with the "wrong version"

Edited by JRA

Starrydawn

The link back to full site here still doesn't work. But looks great.

F.E.B.E

OK, can i act dumb

I preferred the mobile version that came with the weekend as I could just look at "content you follow. I cannot work out how to do that with the new skin.

Please can I have content you follow on the mobile version - like the weekend.

ETA: Yes I love the mobile version, but want what I had with the "wrong version"

Have you tried clicking 'new content' and then the grey box which says 'more'? That lets you choose the items you follow, participate in or start.

F.E.B.E
The link back to full site here still doesn't work. But looks great.

Thanks I will let the developers know.

JRA
Have you tried clicking 'new content' and then the grey box which says 'more'? That lets you choose the items you follow, participate in or start.

That gives me nothing: by type - forums, by time - past, more - just items i follow.On the "plain" mobile version, it just gives me the content I follow. So I get the forums - WDYT etc that I get online.

ETA: Go it. a cut and paste of the url with the "old" skin, with the m. in front and all worked. I am happy now.

Edited by JRA

F.E.B.E

I didn't actually see that function on the 'plain' mobile site. If you prefer to use that one though you could try clearing cache and getting the full version of the site, then going down to the link to mobile site.

F.E.B.E
Quick question how can you edit/change settings through the mobile site or do I have to go back to the full version?

I believe you have to go back to the full version or jump on a laptop.

• Like 1