Sign in to follow this  
~Toodles~

Anterior Placenta and C section

~Toodles~

Hi Ladies :)

I am having my 3rd c section in August and only just realised i have an anterior placenta.

For some reason i am really freaked out that this is dangerous to the baby..

Can anyone give me some information regarding an anterior placenta.

Ive played doctor google but ive only found negative stuff which doesnt help..

Allymeg69

OP I'd be talking to your care providers about this, not relying on Dr Google.

For what its worth, I had an anterior placenta, and had a no-dramas c-section with DS at 40+3. I never had it suggested to me by anyone that there was any danger.

FeralLIfeHacker

I've had 2 low anterior placentas and both were c-sections, my understanding is the cut (bikini cut) is so low that it's not where the placenta is. One of mine was 1.8 cms from the o/s and still had a c-section.

Soontobegran

The incision for a C/S is almost always on the lower uterine segment and unless you have a low lying placenta it will not be impacted at all. In an emergency classical C/S if the placenta is on the anterior wall they cut through it but this is done in a time frame where baby is out and not dependent on the placenta very quickly. Try not to stress OP and stay off google :-) Anterior placentas are very common.

~Toodles~

Thanks for the quick replies..

I did speak to my Doctor about it who informed me all was normal but i did a google search anyway, opps..

Will be good and stay away from google in future :)

~ky~

I had an anterior placenta and my fourth Caesar went smoothly ... Baby is perfectly fine.

Nervy

I also had anterior placenta and bubs in 2.5 weeks old, caesar went perfect .

Luci

I have had 3 c sections, and had an anterior placenta with the second and third. All was fine, no dramas at all, thanks to ultrasounds your OB knows about it prior to the c section.

Best of luck,

Luci

Pssst...

I had a low lying anterior placenta for DD1 who was delivered by CS. No issue at all and I had a low incision

~Toodles~

Thanks Ladies... i wasnt worried about the c section itself, more about baby atm, whether it was a harm to the baby, i know it probably sounds silly, but i always worry about something..

eachschoolholidays

Another anterior placenta and an emergency c-section. The resulting 3 1/2 yr old is currently sleeping peacefully in the room next door. :)

The posterior elective c-section 21 month old is currently tossing around in his cot, whinging and wanting cuddles. :lol:

Justaduck

I just found out today (only 13wks) that mine is anterior and I was wondering what it meant for c-sec as well. Glad the answers are already here (not seeing Ob for another 3wks) for me in case it doesn't move away :)

~Toodles~

16 days to go and im STILL freaking out.. why oh why do I google things :(

Soontobegran
16 days to go and im STILL freaking out.. why oh why do I google things :(

I don't know if this will comfort you but in 3 decades I have never seen a baby or mother injured due to them having an anterior placenta at C/S.

An anterior placenta is not an abnormal finding.

Please, please get off google and try and enjoy your last 16 days. :)

~Toodles~

I know its ridiculous isn't it!!

if he stops moving I worry somethings happened, then theres the whole placenta dying thing. omg I feel like a crazy woman!!

Soontobegran
Glad the answers are already here (not seeing Ob for another 3wks) for me in case it doesn't move away :)

An anterior placenta won't move from the front wall of the uterus but most are implanted high enough in the uterus for it to be above the lower segment where the incision is made to get the baby out. :)

Soontobegran
I know its ridiculous isn't it!!

if he stops moving I worry somethings happened, then theres the whole placenta dying thing. omg I feel like a crazy woman!!

You are not ridiculous or crazy, you are a normally anxious mum.

Bloody google has a lot to answer for. ;)

Ness75

Mine looks to my untrained eye to be across my scar in my recent scan pic. not too worried now but Keen to get a chance to talk to Ob again.

rokate

Share your concerns with your care provider, hopefully they will put your mind at ease. I had a low lying placenta and a c-section when my DS was born, everything was fine.

Bluenomi

Anterior placentas are pretty common and OBs are used to dealing with them so I wouldn't worry. I've currently got one anterior placenta and one posterior placenta with my twins and my OB isn't concerned in the slightest.

~Toodles~

Hi Ladies. I just thought I would update you all, and thankyou all so much for listening to my worries. I saw my OB today and discussed with him my concerns. He took me over to his ultrasound machine and we had a look at baby. My placenta has moved over to the right side and nowhere near where he has to cut. My babys placenta is also very healthy. All in all baby is fine and my ob thinks 9 pound plus hahaha.. There is quite a lot of fluid around baby which he assures me is perfectly normal also. I am having my c section 7am Monday morning, its all very very real now and I cant wait to meet him. Thankyou again for listening to a very worried mummy xoxo

• Like 1