~A2~

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

MarsBarSlice

Gold!

I have no recollection of what was in the old posts sorry. So I'll just say hello and wish you all a happy Monday.

Mynewname

Just came in to claim silver!

I thought the last thread was going on a long time!

Will go back and read and do personals later.

Caramel Latte

Bronze!!!

BT attempt 2.1 was a success, thankfully as 2.2 out of question as left arm still not 100% from attempt 1.2. Now just for the results. This office used a hot pack under arm and checked both arms before deciding which was better. Oreo even given a knitted teddy to take home.

Yay to the house having new owners by 2pm but last minute headache from old. Thankfully, positive news - new owners will mean new RE and she's promised to work with me. Hoping the means no more issues with this house, as less stress is always good.

Hi to all!

Mamabug

Dino have you had the coeliacs blood test?

Mrs Dinosaurus

No.

I'm waiting to see the gastro rather than just randomly diagnosing myself on the basis of internet and anecdata :lol:

If he has to do a biopsy anyway he may as well check for that too. If not I guess a BT at the GP.

I've just about had it up to "here" with the Mirena. Still spotting every day, still cramps (like low level period pain) constantly. Still having periods (granted a lot lighter). Ugh. Stupid hormones!

Mynewname

Dino - Mine settled down eventually and now I don't ever think about it or have any issues with it. Hope this is the case with you soon.

Just a little question for you all you public servants. I'm going for a job with the ATO and have a phone interview this week. I'm really nervous. Any ideas on what they might ask me?

Nothing much else to report here. Weekend was pretty quiet but great weather here for winter so did a bit of bike riding and walking and gardening. Also, went out friday night and had a delicious white chocolate cannelloni (sp)....mmmmm

Shadowess

Jo, they're only allowed to ask you questions against the selection criteria... there will probably be some behaviour type ones, as that's the flavour of the month (so, "tell us about a time when...", "here's a scenario, what would you do?". If you post the selection criteria, I could maybe have a stab at what they might ask!

Dino, how long has it been with the mirena? I believe it can take quite a few months to settle down.

Purple, that's great that at least one thing is sorted! Now to get Oreo sorted...

I can't remember anything else... but hi to everyone!

Started my new job today... doing all my mandatory training... hopefully I can get stuck into some juicy stuff soon.

Need to start thinking about Freya's birthday... should I go the Spot cake? Bananas in PJ's cake? or a rainbow penguin, which is a reference to her favourite book, which no one else will "get"?

Caramel Latte
Need to start thinking about Freya's birthday... should I go the Spot cake? Bananas in PJ's cake? or a rainbow penguin, which is a reference to her favourite book, which no one else will "get"?

I'd go the rainbow penguin, it's her bday and it means something to her. Can have a brief explanation when cake is being cut eg "Freya's favourite book character".

Edited by ʚϊɞ Purple ʚϊɞ

Mamabug

We had a penguin cake (not a rainbow, though!) for Biggest Bug's second birthday...she was rather addicted to watching her father's penguin movies on the computer from his time in antarctica. :rolleyes:

I am already planning the Biggest one's 8th ( :o) party. We are hosting a high tea and I'll be making a teapot cake with cupcake teacups.

And then I will have to think abut LadyBug's second birthday....can't get my head around that one AT ALL. Anyone got any great ideas of cakes to make with a dolly varden tin (other than princess, beehive, teapot...which will all have been done!)

Anyhoo, I smell and need to shower before a friend arrives for coffee...... or is that too much information for this time of day?????? :D

Oh, my Marth adventures for today include making feijoa jam and dehydrating garden-fresh spinach (for crumbling into slow cooker/soup creations a la dried herbs).

Caramel Latte

My soon to be 10yr old wants a guinea pig cake for her birthday in June. Actual guinea pig, not a pic like I had thought. I've done bananas in pjs, Winnie the Pooh, butterflies to name a few but guinea pig, maybe tad out of my ability.

Watch this space as going to put on 10kg with multiple practise runs lol. DD#1 will be easy, as she is 20 so doing a 20 lol. DD#2 might be lucky and get a 16, if I'm not hung over from my 40th (3 days before lol). Side note: I'm suddenly feeling very old.

Mrs Dinosaurus

Mamabug - I give up, you win the Martha award :(

I shall have to try harder :lol:

Purple I have NFI how you are managing adult/teens a pre-teen and a toddler. You are seriously awesome.

Goosey Goosey Gander, wither do you wander?

MBS - How are you and bub going (and the boys, naturally!)?

I should be cleaning. I got bored. Hence Martha award going to mama :lol:

Food therapy this arvo - it's going really well for Ted, his eating is getting a lot better, although he is still very wary of wet things (sauces and the like) he is getting better at playing with them, so possibly eating them is only a few months away!

Mamabug

Oh purple, a guinea pig would be quite easy. I'll come back with some ideas on how to accomplish in a bit. Does she have a particular breed or colour in mind, cause that would influence the decorating (or, as the owner of a Reserve Best of Breed in the Cavy National Show, am I overthinking this a bit too much????).

MarsBarSlice

OMG ladies, you are so talented with your cake ideas and outcomes. The thought of doing anything like that does my head in.

However I did have a flash back to a kids party I went to a few years ago when teacups were mentioned. My friend had bought tic tock biscuits, used jam as glue to stick a marshmallow on it and then cut musk life savers in half and stuck to marshmallow as a cup handle. They looked awesome and tasted great.

Hey Purple I have an idea for guinea pig droppings (if deemed appropriate LOL). I saw this on a show the other day. Roll marshmallows in chocolate ganache or melted chocolate and then cover in shaved chocolate, yummy and simple.

As you can see my Martha Stewart moments are stolen from other peoples and require not technical skill or knowledge whatsoever. I must state for the record that I have never actually made these things myself.

Mamabug

You do know there are two different types of piggie droppings, though MBS, yes?

No, really, there are!!!!! There are poo droppings and then they have special little pellets that they eat to help their gut function...honest! Just wondering if there was a different technique for re-creating the two... :whistle:

ThatsNotMyName

Good luck in your new role Fee! Have you moved daycare for Freya?

Dino the internal investigation is far more reliable for coeliac diagnosis, bt often returns a false negative. Speak to them well in advance of the procedure that that's something you want them to look at as you need to have been consuming gluten in the lead up to show up the damage to allow diagnosis. Yay for Ted & food improvements!

Good luck with your interview Jo :)

MamaMartha you're really raising that bar! I bought a hat today & thought of you :happy:

Purple thank goodness the bt went a lot better & here's to an improved landlord & property managament situation.

Tafe tonight and Thu night. Tue nights are not fun at the moment, I have to go to the other side of town which is a pain but the main issue is the topic. Identify and respond to children at risk. I came home and cried last week, it's just so very very awful and I'm finding it very emotionally overwhelming. Still, every painful lesson better equips me to assist a child in need and my distress is not one fraction of theirs.

In happier news:

We're having a family photo session tomorrow afternoon :D I've been so looking forward to it, specially since we had to postpone when the kids were sick a few weeks back. We won't get the full glorious autumn colours but I'm sure will still be lovely.

I'm onto my third knitted square!

OK, have to head off shortly to collect Caelan for his therapy session.

ThatsNotMyName

Oh yeah - cakes. Not sure what to do for Caelan as we'll be in NZ for his birthday next year & are hoping to pre-plan a play centre party for the day after we get home. Maybe a baought cake for that one ;) For Carys I'm planning to make a rainbow layer cake. I was going to do it this year but realised it's quite a big cake & we didn't have many people coming over.

Mrs Dinosaurus

I'm another who thinks a guinea pig would be pretty easy, using a whipped butter icing you could use a fork to create a hairy look (or are you thinking way more professional than that :lol:?)

TNMN - have fun with the photos!

Just back from therapy (Teds) - not much on today, we cut out bread, cheese etc with sandwich cutters. Nothing was going to make him eat cheese, the bread he has never had a problem with. His friend didn't eat a thing, she has been referred to a child psychologist, her poor parents :(

Mamabug

Dino - you want really good piggie hair, use a pastry brush...sometimes they even leave a couple of real hairs there for extra authenticity.... :ph34r:

PS - yay for hats!!! Do we get a description.

Edited by Mamabug

Caramel Latte
Purple I have NFI how you are managing adult/teens a pre-teen and a toddler. You are seriously awesome.

Some days, I have NFI either....different ages, stages and mental ability (ie one intellectually disabled and one superior IQ/possibe borderline aspergers), not sure awesome, but learning to juggle is a must. I can't even sy, I've been there with DD#1, so DD#2 a breeze, as to are soooo different. Wouldn't change it for the world (other than DH being in same state!!).

Oh purple, a guinea pig would be quite easy. I'll come back with some ideas on how to accomplish in a bit. Does she have a particular breed or colour in mind, cause that would influence the decorating (or, as the owner of a Reserve Best of Breed in the Cavy National Show, am I overthinking this a bit too much????).

Not over thinking at all! This is my strict routine/everything has to be accurate child so she will probably have a go at me if not exact. It's the cutting of the shape, I fear I will stuff up.

MBS: like the pig droppings idea.

TNMN: have fun at photo shoot.

ETA: today one of those NFI days! Stressing over Oreos results, back totalled after a RE stuff up yesterday and DD#2 school issue that I have NFI how to deal with. It's not much, but the school issue is getting worse by the minute and sister could've done some damage. All because person that ont get off DDs back, can't help but putting not necessary comments on DDs FB. DD is now doing silly things so she doesn't have to go to school, so can avoid being attacked. All DD can say is ignore, but DD finding it hard.

Edited by ʚϊɞ Purple ʚϊɞ

Mrs Dinosaurus

Purple - that sucks. Can you ban and block said person? Is moving schools realistic? Is suing the school and option (well I was a lawyer!)

OM*G I went to a play centre monday (as those of you on FB know) - there was about 6 newborns there and I was like "ohhhhh, I want one" :omg: No, no I really don't!! Stoopid hormones!

In other news the dolls house is built, the scooter from grandad has arrived and the cake will be cooked this arvo. Nearly ready for the big 4th birthday :D

ThatsNotMyName

Dinojen how long has the Mirena been in? I found it took around 5 months to really settle right down & now it's fine. Well, I still have srtificial hormones which do have an effect but the rad mood swings and unpredictable bleeding have settled right down. Now that that's happened it's coming out in 3 months as DH had the snip on Friday last week.

Caramel Latte

Grr it was meant to read "all DH can say..." ... Schools apparently (fav word today, as have no faith in school), dealing with the problem child, but if it pushes DD#2 (she was talking about cutting herself, just to not be able to go today) to far, will be taking it higher. Said child, keeps trying to friend me, I can block her yet as she's still putting crap on her page about DD, so want to be able to print screen for evidence.

Hope 4th goes well, sounds like its all on track.

Mynewname

Purple - Wow, I'm so sorry for you DD. How terrible for you all? Hope you can get this sorted. Can you go to the police? I was under the impression they were taking cyber bullying pretty serious these days.

Mamabug and Fee - You are soooo good with your cakes. I've got the womans weekly cake book which I love but have no idea what Im going to do for Sophie. Was thinking of a handbag one. Any easy ideas??

Dino - Think i need to join your facebook to get all the good goss! Hope DS has a great birthday. Amy had her first birthday party when she was 4 and still talks about it!

TNMN - Good knitting! You hear things about children and its so difficult to understand what people are thinking. How is the Paid work going?

AFM - Had my phone interview today. I don't think it was a great success but I suppose I can put it down to experience! I had planned some behavioural experiences beforehand but I think I was rambling a bit and not really linking it to the role. Fingers crossed anyway, the next step is not until the middle of June. It was grandparents day at the preschool. I felt so bad that Amy had none there. We should move back so she has grandparents around, just so they can go to the school!

Mamabug

JDU - so many cakes aRE SOOOO (ooops, LadyBug is 'helping' me... with her topes!) easy when you break them down into their basic components. Honest. And with the interwebz, nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (and there she goes again).

Oh goody... Master Bug has just thrown a knife at Biggest Bug...but as I was saying...you can google anything these days and there is a step-by-step tutorial.

Doesn't matter if they look professional, as long as the party person knows what it is!