Sign in to follow this  
alecia1986

Hcg levels?

alecia1986

Hi everyone! Got my test results today and am definitely pregnant. My hcg levels were 150,000 - the doctor said that is well over the upper limit for 10 weeks, so I need to get a scan ASAP to determine due date but looks like I might be further along than I think :) also found out I'm O negative so have to be careful if I start bleeding or anything. Otherwise my bloods were perfect and showed no issues :)

Does anyone know anything about hcg levels? I don't know if the figure she has given me is in different units to what I'm reading elsewhere. Everything I'm reading says 150,000 is full term!! I'm very certain that's not the case...

eks81

The normal range for 9 - 12 weeks is anywhere from 25,700 to 288,000 so if you think you're about 10 weeks, then that's pretty spot on. Once you reach about 16 weeks I think it is the level has peaked and will begin to drop off. The norm for 25 - 40 weeks is up to 117,000.

alecia1986

Ok cool thanks eks. It's a bit odd cause the doctors chart showed 10 weeks being up to I think it was 120,000.

Pink1984

My levels were quite high too, turns out it was because there was two in there so Good Luck :p

alecia1986

Thanks :) I spent my night at emergency last night as I was spotting and had to go get an anti-D shot... Took 5 hours to get seen by a doctor (thankfully most of it I was on a bed) but she said my hcg is 85,000 now... So have to get an ultrasound ASAP. She said it could just be that I have reached that point where the hcg drops off, or it could be the start of a miscarriage. So I have to call them today to organise an ultrasound :)

Jersey Caramel

Best of luck, hope you get good news at the ultrasound. :)

alecia1986

Thanks! I'm a bit nervous but trying to stay calm... My ultrasound is on Monday morning... My boss is going to be very furious! Not looking forward to letting her know I will be late..

Sign in to follow this