Sign in to follow this  
isla35

So happy but got the blues

isla35

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here - am around seven weeks with my first and although absolutely elated, I also have the blues in a big bad way! It is not terribly unusual I guess as I was made redundant just prior to getting married in early March and haven't been able to find a job. I've just found out I'm pregnant with an (almost) honeymoon baby and it's everything I've ever wanted, yet I can't stop crying.

I'm mourning the loss of my career and struggling with not being able to tell anyone our news. Of course I now cannot apply for full time jobs which makes things extra tricky!

My hubby is being simply amazing so I'm lucky in that way.

I've love to hear from anyone else who is feeling like me at a time when I feel like I should be on top of the world...

Thanx

zrello

I'm due in September with my second, and not in this group, but just wanted to say hang in there. The first few months are awful with all the hormones raging & all the physical & mental changes you go through. Be gentle with yourself & use the time to start thinking of alternative jobs that may fit in around a baby. Congratulations on your pregnancy, & remember it may be end of something, but that also means its the beginning of many new and wonderful things too.

eks81

It really can be quite an overwhelming time, and completely normal to feel stupidly happy, but also very emotional as well, especially as you said, with the changes that are going to happen with your life. There is no need to mourn your career, there is no reason you can't continue that just because you've had a baby, it just gets put on hold for a while.

We are expecting our second and whilst we are besides ourselves with happiness, I also have times when it all hits me and I wonder if I can really look after 2 kids, financial pressures, the change to mine and DH's relationship etc etc. It is normal. If you start getting a bit beyond that though, you might like to talk to your dr about is as ante natal depression is a very real and serious thing.

isla35

Thanks so much all. The encouragement really helps - being too hard on myself I'm sure.

economist99 - I can see the positives - my job was very similar and a redundancy package was very welcome at the time because of the stress. I think the reality of unemployment hit about the same time as I found out about the pregnancy, so it's all felt a bit overwhelming.

I've been setting the scene for plan b (working around pregnancy and after the baby comes) and have also decided to go back and study and start a new career.

I think above all I miss being with people all day - it's a pretty lonely existence plus I now have major nausea, acne, sore boobs and am cranky all the time. I'm also terrified that something will happen to the baby!

I'm sure my husband is wondering what he's got himself into haha

Thanks again to all for your support xx

Mumsy2B

Just wanted to send some hugs your way Isla! And also say a couple of things -

I can see how the isolation would be hard, especially having gone from the working environment to not working - could you maybe get some temp work, or even volunteer work for the next few months so that at least you don't feel so alone?

Also, although traditionally people don't tell others until 12 weeks, there's no reason why you can't, if you feel that the people you choose to tell would support you if anything went wrong. I am 8w2d and have told my three besties and their significant others, and DH and I have told his best friend and his wife. If anything happened I am fine with them knowing, and I know they would support us and help us through that hard time.

Big hugs, and hope you feel better soon!

:)

jellybean23
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here - am around seven weeks with my first and although absolutely elated, I also have the blues in a big bad way! It is not terribly unusual I guess as I was made redundant just prior to getting married in early March and haven't been able to find a job. I've just found out I'm pregnant with an (almost) honeymoon baby and it's everything I've ever wanted, yet I can't stop crying.

I'm mourning the loss of my career and struggling with not being able to tell anyone our news. Of course I now cannot apply for full time jobs which makes things extra tricky!

My hubby is being simply amazing so I'm lucky in that way.

I've love to hear from anyone else who is feeling like me at a time when I feel like I should be on top of the world...

Thanx

I'm just over 14 weeks, and still i cry almost nightly! Just over everything, anything and nothing. Like you, i am just married and bub is a honeymoon bub as well so i guess i haven't had any down time between wedding stress and morning sickness! Hang in there! Hubby knows when i'm about to have a cry so he feeds me chocolate and runs me a bath - IT HELPS AMAZINGLY!

Sign in to follow this