Sign in to follow this  
natc82

Book recommendation for first time Dad

natc82

Hi, i'm just after a straight forward book for my husband who will be a first time dad. Nothing that gender stereotypes him into being a boneheaded 'bloke' - just something straight forward that he can read along week by week so he knows what's going on and feels involved. Something a little bit light hearted or funny might be good to ease the anxiety. Any ideas?

~A2~

Hi

Welcome to Essential Baby/Essential Kids.

I have moved your question to the Dad's section of the site to see if they can help with your question.

So guys, any books you can recommend.

Regards

Ali

vampyre

There is a recent thread on the same topic here.

My recommendation in that thread was 'Babies' by Dr Christopher Green. Good info, and some actual laugh out loud parts as well. Toddler Taming by the same author was also pretty good.

There are quite a few good suggestions in that thread, good luck :)

Edited by vampyre

mumma freedles

I bought my DH "Pregnancy for Men" by Mark Wood. I've read it cover-to-cover and loved it, lots of laughing, not condescending at all. Written by a dad for dads. My DH is not a great reader, however, and I had to bribe him to sit down to read it when I was 10weeks. He read as far as 10wks, seemed to enjoy though claimed to skim a fair bit, and when he stopped he declared that since the baby was currently the size of a mini marsbar I had to buy them when I did the shopping next!

Hope that helps!

natc82

Thanks for this!! I will take a look at that other post too.

TheStayAthomeDad

Hi there so good to see you all. Im a stay at home dad and have a blog with a book list. hope its a help.

TheStayAtHomeDad.net