Sign in to follow this  
MidnightDad

Bread and the downfall of a man

MidnightDad

So Dear Wife sends me and our teenage daughter to the grocery store to pick up food for home. We get to the final item, bread, and there is a woman already standing in the aisle looking at what to buy. The area is large, big enough to fit five or six people. I choose a loaf and as I pick it up the woman sees it and asks if its the last of its type. Unsure I look back at the shelf and say I think it is the last loaf and then I walk off with my daughter and the bread.

So we get home and I tell my wife I got the last bread of its kind. My daughter then says a woman who was already there saw me pick it up and asked me if it was the last one. My wife jokingly suggests I was being a bit of a b*st*rd taking the loaf. DD2 says the woman already had enough time to find a loaf and was still just looking around. I then pipe in and say that had she been elderly I would have offered her the loaf.

Then I make the critical mistake, I keep talking. I further say to Dear Wife that if I had offered up the loaf to the woman and we (DD2 and I) were quizzed about what she looked like, only to have to say she was young and pretty, I would have opened myself up to being accused of using the bread to flirt. I will spare you the gory details of what followed.Afterward I lament to DD2 how badly it all went. She tells me not to worry, that she understands, and shows me this Youtube video:

Hootabelles

:lol::lol:

By the way.. I agree, you snooze you lose! Unless they were grabbing it at the same time then that's a different story...

Hands Up

Oh wow, I love it! The other videos are great too......

And yep, you snooze, you lose.