Sign in to follow this  
spottyladybug

Keeping Cool

spottyladybug

Hey Ladies :)

How are you all going keeping cool? It is still 32degrees here in northern NSW so not too hot but hot enough!

I currently have a very elegant wheat bag icepack on my head (classy right?) with the evaporative cooler and fan going to keep the air circulating.

Hope you are all going well

:D

ames131

I feel your pain, Melbourne has been really hot too, although not as bad as some parts of Australia. However on the 40+ 'c days I tend to camp out with the over head fan on, plus air con, plus pedestal fan aimed directly at me. My poor husband is told not to come near me for fear of over-heating :D

mum201

Not in your dig but thought I could lend an idea. Get a hand towel, dunk in water, squeeze most of the water out, stick in freezer for 20 mins before draping it over your chest. Feels frosty for 5 secs, then delightful

Duck-o-lah

When I was pg with DS in summer 3 years ago we had a heatwave similar to this. I used to wet a couple of singlets and put them in the freezer. Then before completely frozen, I'd take one out and chuck it on... instant 'aaaaaaah' factor! Then as it thawed I'd re-wet it and alternate with the other one in the freezer. Wish I could do that at work :(

Sign in to follow this