Duck-o-lah

Braxton Hicks anyone?

Duck-o-lah

Hello April mummas :)

Anyone experiencing BH contractions yet? I don't remember when I first experienced them with DS, but it was well into the third trimester.

I have had a couple of big cramps today which have made me stop what I was doing and breathe through it. I have read it is common to experience BH this early, especially in subsequent pregnancies. Anyone else feeling them yet?

Koobie83

Hey!

I swear I had one yesterday - it was quite an intense sort of pain and my uterus felt tight for hours afterwards. It was really making me quite anxious.

Koobie83

Hey!

I swear I had one yesterday - it was quite an intense sort of pain and my uterus felt tight for hours afterwards. It was really making me quite anxious.

Sunshineandsmiles

yep and they are taking my breath away a bit and followed by like menstrual cramps. I had them in the 3rd trimester with DD and they were quite intense and regular that i didn't realise that i went into labour. Am 20 weeks at the moment, so am guessing this must be normal then?

Duck-o-lah

I hear you on the anxiety Koobie83!

Mine were intense last time too Sunshine, not happy they've started so early!

lozoodle

Don't belong in this DIG but I've had them since about 14 weeks, and it was the same with DD2. They are definitely more noticeable in subsequent pregnancies.

caitlin90

Hi,

I'm 20W & 4D and have been feeling BH for a couple of weeks. My midwife mum said this is totally normal and a good thing because it means a good blood flow to the uterus and can also mean a quicker labour. My doctor told me she had them from around 19 weeks and they could be very painful. Hope this makes you feel better :)