Sign in to follow this  
Rockwiz

Ipod Touch or Ipad Mini?

Rockwiz

I didn't realise this sub forum existed. I've already posted this thread in the children section but didn't get much of a response so am re-posting it here to hopefully get a few more resonses.

My kids have both been nagging me about getting an Ipad for Christmas. I have told them they are too expensive and they should settle for maybe an Ipod Touch. Now I see that Apple is releasing the Ipad Mini which is much cheaper than the Ipad. Which do you think is better the Ipad or Ipod Touch? The kids basically want to be able to access games from the Apple Store as well as play movies, listen to music and take videos. They are 10 and 8 1/2 years old. Also, with the Ipod Touch I worry that 8gb will be too small and so we would probably need to spend more to get the larger GB version anyway. Opinions would be much appreciated.

Eeyolet

We have decided to go with the iPad Mini. I have an iPhone and have been borrowing FILs iPad2 for a while, the iPad is a MUCH better size for playing games, videos etc. than the iPhone/Touch. I did find the iPad to be a little too big and heavy though so the iPad Mini sounds perfect to me. It is half the weight of an iPad but still has a very large screen compared to the iPhone/Touch. Sounds like best of both worlds to me.

andieinvic

I think the iPad mims will be a big seller for kids. My dds have an ipod touch and the screen size is small for games. The smaller size has its advantages for portability and for putting in pocket and listening to music though.

Katie1983

If they are wanting to use it for games and also watching movies then a iPad mini definitely is the better option. With an iPod touch the screen is so small that sometimes it can be a problem to play games and watching things is a pain. At least if you do purchase an iPad mini you know you are not going to get complaints from you kids saying that the screen is too small :)

newkie

My kids all have Touches, DH has an iPad and recently I got an iPad Mini, and every chance they get, the kids are stealing either DH's or my pad :rolleyes:

The only thing that the iPods have over the Mini is their portability, but if you're not worried about that, then go the Mini

Sheep

My 9 year old has had an ipad mini for a few months and now says he wants to get the iPod touch because it's smaller, but he likes taking pictures and doing videos. We said no.

Edited by sardines_for_tea