Sign in to follow this  
taby

Austral v's Hills clothesline

taby

I need to replace my clothesline which is currently a Hills Extenda 4.

I was going to replace it with a Hills Extenda 6 (given Hills has a reputable name) but the lady at Mitre 10 informs me that Austral is a better brand and australian made.

Can anyone give me some feedback on their experiences with either brands. Obviously I want something that is going to last.

Feral Grey Mare

Seems un-Australian to buy anything but Hills but I guess they're probably not Australian anymore. Have just eplaced my 22 year old Hills with an Extenda 6 about a month ago so can't testify yet as to its longevity.

baby*girl

I just did a lot of research and went with the Austral Elite 4. They seemed to be much studier than the hills ones I was looking at. The only issue was they have galvanised or green. I really wanted the colourbond blue, which was available through hills, but I still went with Austral. Mine is due to be installed next week, or so.

Stronger

We were told the same thing OP about Hills vs Austral and so went with the Austral one and haven't had a problem with it in over 2yrs since we got it! We had a choice of a bottle green one or a cream one and we went with the cream one.

Feral Grey Mare

Wimped out and bought Hills so I could get a blue one to match my guttering. Also found a matching laundry trolley! Is this a sad indication of how exciting my life is.... ?

got my tinsel on

not at all, Old Grey Mare, that's just the sort of decision I would make.

Our guttering is black so I'm looking at getting a Daytec clothes line because they make black ones.

http://www.daytek.com.au/clothesline_rotary_fold_away.html

Just have to get that part of the yard a bit more organised then the old useless thing we use now is gone!

mummy to e&j

Our initial line was damaged when out trampoline flew and landed on top of it.

This one we have now (sorry don't know the brand) the spacing between the lines is too close together, and if you hang clothes one each line, they're almost touching each other. I have to 'skip' a line, so am losing a lot of hanging space.

Our initial line was damaged when out trampoline flew and landed on top of it.

This one we have now (sorry don't know the brand) the spacing between the lines is too close together, and if you hang clothes one each line, they're almost touching each other. I have to 'skip' a line, so am losing a lot of hanging space.

Anewme?

My austral was installed yesterday, very pleased. The new 4 mt diameter is a lot smaller than. My old 6 mt, but we do rarely use it. Very sturdy compared to the hills we looked at.