Sign in to follow this  
Ned23

Heartbeat

Ned23

Hi all,

Im new to the group.

My husband and I went to the doctor for a 15 week check up last week and for the 2nd time we couldnt hear bubs heartbeat (we also tried at 13 weeks). The Doctor has now booked us in for our first scan on Wednesday. Cant help but feel anxious about this, should I be worried?!! Has anyone else had trouble hearing the heartbeat this early on in the pregnancy? Doctor said it is probably all fine and that my bladder may not have been full enough?

Any comments are appreciated, Wednesday cant come around quick enough. :heart:

Duvessa1

It could be something as simple as bubs is hiding :ph34r:

Have you had your scan yet hun? My days are all messed up lol

Edited by Duvessa1

mizzsocial

At 12 weeks it might still be too hard to pick up.. at 15 weeks if your doctor is patient enough he/she should of been able to pick it up, BUT in saying that, there are so many factors that can interfere, like if the placenta is in the way.. and apparently if you are a 'larger' woman it can be harder to pick up compared to a skinner woman..

Im sure you will have your scan and bubs will be there all happy as larry!! I know its hard not to worry though!!

For the record, at 14 weeks it took my GP about 10 minutes to pick up Bubs heartbeat.. longest 10 mins of my life!! we could hear it moving around everywhere though, so thats apparently why it took so long.

Sign in to follow this